Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm hoping any trade includes both high-potential D and a 3rd line plug. If we have to we can throw in our own high-potential D, Nick Holden. Offensive dynamo and size on the backend. What's not to like?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Grigorenko, while having size, doesn't seem to have a lot of drive. Just because Roy knows him doesn't mean he wants him. He drafted Martin over Duclair in the third round 2013. Surely Roy knows the talent of Duclair.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Grigorenko, while having size, doesn't seem to have a lot of drive. Just because Roy knows him doesn't mean he wants him. He drafted Martin over Duclair in the third round 2013. Surely Roy knows the talent of Duclair.
He also passed on Erne. He doesn't just want guys he coached.

Some of these proposals are so painful. If the Avs wanted to give him away, he'd already be gone.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If we trade with Buffalo for a D, I'd only want Zadorov.

But I'd rather not trade with Buffalo at all with ROR.
Although ROR+ for Zadorov+ would sound enticing

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Seriously though, why the hell does Buffalo do it? O'Reilly would be good for them long term but if no guarantees they can sign him, why?

I could think of at least 2 reasons right off the top of my head.

They could definitely pay him in a contract (and I think they would as they would need to reach the Cap Floor) and he could be given the "C" or an "A" pretty much as soon as next season.

I'm not saying that being a Captain or Alternate is important to O'Reilly, because I don't know, but I believe that being given a contract in line with the UFA prices for a player of his caliber AND being named a Captain or Alternate would without a doubt show that Buffalo values him as a player.

Again, not saying this would be valid reasoning for him, but I could see it making it easier for him to sign long-term with them.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
God I hope it's Zadorov... throw in McGinn, Elliott to make it happen

Zadorov played a team high 22 mins in that 7-0 loss to MIN, and was the only player not to be a - .

6'5 220 lbs beast and he's actually LH, unlike Myers and Pysyk

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO MYERS.

Someone please post the 18 year old MacKinnon reversal hit gif on Myers to tell people what I am getting at.

Let's make something happen, Zads, Risto, or Myers I'd be okay with.
No way Rasmus is available for ROR...he's closer to Duchene or MacKinnon's level IMO.

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Anything other than Zadorov is disappoint me.

Myers and Risto are obviously good but they're RHD, Gorges seems like exactly who Roy would target but I really don't want him.

Benoit, Strachan, Weber, Meszaros and even Pysyk would just add to the logjam of AHL/Bottom pairing D.

For anyone interested, the projected lineup for the Sabres tonight is:

SABRES

Brian Flynn – Zemgus Girgensons – Chris Stewart

Matt Moulson – Torrey Mitchell – Tyler Ennis

Cody Hodgson – Philip Varone – Drew Stafford

Nicolas Deslauriers – Matt Ellis – Patrick Kaleta

Tyler Myers – Josh Gorges

Nikita Zadorov – Rasmus Ristolainen

Andre Benoit – Tyson Strachan

Michal Neuvirth

Jhonas Enroth

Scratched: Andrej Meszaros

Injured: Mike Weber (lower body), Brian Gionta (head), Cody McCormick (blood clot in leg), Marcus Foligno (hand)

Our 3 scouts are looking at one or more of their dressed players, and the pickings are quite slim to be honest.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I could think of at least 2 reasons right off the top of my head.

They could definitely pay him in a contract (and I think they would as they would need to reach the Cap Floor) and he could be given the "C" or an "A" pretty much as soon as next season.

I'm not saying that being a Captain or Alternate is important to O'Reilly, because I don't know, but I believe that being given a contract in line with the UFA prices for a player of his caliber AND being named a Captain or Alternate would without a doubt show that Buffalo values him as a player.

Again, not saying this would be valid reasoning for him, but I could see it making it easier for him to sign long-term with them.

But i doubt they would trade a Zadorov without knowing for sure that ROR is staying after 2016. So, there is probably 0% chance of us getting Zadorov back during the season.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption

I watched him at least 40 times while he was in junior....lots of talent but Wolsky 2.0. He has the talent to be a good 2nd line center but he has no balls.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO MYERS.

Someone please post the 18 year old MacKinnon reversal hit gif on Myers to tell people what I am getting at.

No way Rasmus is available for ROR...he's closer to Duchene or MacKinnon's level IMO.

I do not want Myers or Gorges but Zadorov would be nice

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Kypreos just mentioned Gardiner as potential trade bait for RoR. Pure speculation, literally said "maybe Gardiner."

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Kypreos just mentioned Gardiner as potential trade bait. Pure speculation, literally said "maybe Gardiner."

Looking for hits from Tor fans. Good God now the main board will erupt with a legitimate source saying Gardiner is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad