Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I want Tyler Myers if Colorado trades with Buffalo. There is obviously superstar potential there even if there have been bumps in the road.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Common sense would have made a handfull of Roy's moves not happening. They happened anyway.

Yup. Not very confident that our FO would be able to get an even acceptable return out of Buffallo.

Honestly as far as GM work so far :

Murray >>>>> Roy / Sakic

Gorges + NYI 1st would be hilarious.
Terrible deal but something I could see if Roy really really likes Gorges.

But odds are that it is probably Grigorenko that he has a mancrush on.
Doubt that he is familiar with many of the other young Buffalo players.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Yeah I really don't want Tim Murray doing business with the Avs. I think he would skin us good.

I'm not sure where I stand on Zadorov, but I wouldn't cry and I would also ask for something more.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
You know that O'Reilly is a little different than depth trades, right? No point in comparing them.

That doesn't automatically make Joe and Patty's player evaluations good, sadly.

This just has the potential to become and even bigger mistake. It's a trade we can't afford to screw up. We'll see what happens.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
That doesn't automatically make Joe and Patty's player evaluations good, sadly.

This just has the potential to become and even bigger mistake. It's a trade we can't afford to screw up. We'll see what happens.

Yeah. Tomorrow I could die. Or Natalie Portman could ask me on a date. Just have to wait and find out.

We can speculate forever but don't get angry about moves that haven't been made.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I see you are discussing with Sabres fans. Good luck with that. They might reluctantly deem Gorges or Pysyk as a non-untouchable. They're the biggest prospect huggers on HF.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I see you are discussing with Sabres fans. Good luck with that. They might reluctantly deem Gorges or Pysyk as a non-untouchable. They're the biggest prospect huggers on HF.

What about a little more risk on the defender and a better forward like Girgensons + Pysyk for ROR?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Well, we know Colorado isn't scouting Hodgson - he has 3 minutes of ice time after two periods. :help:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Zadorov is everything I had hoped Seimens would have become. He would be a fantastic add. But I really doubt he is available.
I like Myers, but he seems to be all tools without putting it together. He is more enigma than player at this point.
Ristolainen would again be a great get, but again I doubt he is available.
Reinhart is a no go as well, I would imagine.
Perhaps they could put together a package of other prospects plus picks that gets us interested, but not sure about that.

In the end, I'm just doubting this happens. How often do we hear about teams heavily scouting and nothing ever happens. Not only that, but the Avs are in a position where they could also look to buy from a team like Buffalo. So there is always a chance of a non O'Reilly trade too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Risto
zads
Rielly

That's all that interests me on these teams, in that order infact.

Those are the three guys who interest me as well. I like Rielly better than Zadorov though.

No chance on Risto, he's a stud. I think we're getting into Duchene territory there and that's not going to happen. The other two probably aren't likely either but I'd love to get Rielly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You all have it wrong. Roy realizes the difference between last year and this year is Benoit. :naughty:

Buffalo makes sense in the fact they have the assets to package up, and after this season, they don't want to tank anymore. Seems like an offseason sort of deal though.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You all have it wrong. Roy realizes the difference between last year and this year is Benoit. :naughty:

Buffalo makes sense in the fact they have the assets to package up, and after this season, they don't want to tank anymore. Seems like an offseason sort of deal though.

You just made me a cry a little.

What do you really think we could do in the off-season? I know I'm in the VAST majority here but I will say a couple of things...

1. I like for my two top centers to provide different looks.
2. I believe MacKinnon and Duchene aren't all that different. They both like to use speed...mostly to the outside and look to pass first.
3. ROR is a defensive beast who puts up similar numbers when given quality wingers...reminds me of Stastny but better defensively.
4. We don't have enough wingers capable of playing with two pass-first centers for 20+ minutes.
5. One of Duchene or MacKinnon would return a bigger defense man than ROR.
6. I believe MacKinnon will ultimately become a better center than Duchene...this leads me to believe
7. Duchene should be the odd man out...
8. Or...the Avs should quit thinking of ROR as a winger once and for all and quit thinking of MacKinnon as a center and wait (suck) until defense men develop.

I know there is a huge uncertainty in ROR and his price...but at this point, I'm really thinking the AVs need to get it done and sign him long term. Keep MacKinnon as the highest priced player but as a winger. Get some shooters...they need some Svatos type players.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You don't just sign O'Reilly or get rid of one of the other two, it's not trading cards. If what you say is a big enough issue then MacKinnon becomes a winger is the simplest solution.

And that is my honest hope. I really think MacKinnon could become one of the best wingers in the game of hockey. I really haven't seen much that shows me he could become one of the best centers though....

My hope is all three can be kept but that their roles be defined enough so that folks will quit ******** on ROR. That being said...it wouldn't fix the team.

The defense would still suck....while the AVs still have a bounty of quality centers/forwards.
1. FA sucks for d-men...always has and always will...Very seldom does a top-quality FA dman go to UFA...if he does, he will probably go "home" like Suter.
2. McGinn is injured....he might have been the one player we had who could get a quality young D prospect.
3. Our need for D is so apparent, we'll never get a fair trade. No GM is going to bend over backwards to help us.
4. All we do by waiting for our D prospects to grow and see what we got is burn years and add dollars to our forwards next contracts.

The AVs might very well have created a situation where a they need to reset the rebuild because they concentrated solely on forwards and were so terrible at developing dmen.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I know there is a huge uncertainty in ROR and his price...but at this point, I'm really thinking the AVs need to get it done and sign him long term. Keep MacKinnon as the highest priced player but as a winger.

I was thinking the same thing. I would first like to see if that line develops the type of chemistry that it had with Stastny centering it. If it does, lock ROR up and focus on the D.

Seeing Mac on a few more breakaways would be fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad