Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
At draft, does our 1st (assuming we pick 10th) and ROR combo bring us 3rd overall pick? Would that make sense?

That kind of deal would require a signed O'Reilly in it. No ones given up that kind of future for the uncertainty of a pending UFA O'Reilly. Given that draft day deals kind of all come together at the last second, that doesn't seem to leave enough time for a team to work out a deal with O'Reilly.

Even if it did, that might be a tough one. It takes an awful lot to move up into the top tier of the draft like that because teams are so afraid to lose out on potential franchise players. It's not as hit and miss as the old days with scouting. The guys taken at the top of the draft are going to be very good players.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
OEL is great and all but he's not exactly playing phenomenal hockey this season. He's getting worked most of the time to be honest.

ROR isn't enough. Adding a 1st probably doesn't help enough unless we're top 7 or so.

We'd probably have to add another fairly big piece and I'm not sure OEL is worth all of that. He's good but he's not Hedman for example.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
A lot of great defensemen have to work through some issues. Look at Keith and Doughty, their fanbases were about done with them at one point. OEL will be a superstar.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i'd love alzner but don't see it happening. on a steal of a deal and won't be costing as much as what he brings in the future either. real character guy, honest to default.

A lot of great defensemen have to work through some issues. Look at Keith and Doughty, their fanbases were about done with them at one point. OEL will be a superstar.

patience with talented defenseman is a must. some gems on keith.

I would much rather move Keith than Seabrook or Barker.

Duncan Keith = headless chicken on skates

To think that Tallon maybe could've offered up Keith and Barker for Jack Johnson. Just trade him please.

I don't think the problem is Duncan Keith--the problem is pairing him with Seabrook. Those two just don't complement each other at all. He needs someone to stay in the back end.

My patience with Keith is waining.

Except that Keith isn't a #1 defenseman. He's a solid #3-4 guy.

Id think he would make a great forward, hes a grinder with skill and aglility. he plays alot like Ruutu.

Duncan Keith = chihuahua on skates
exactly why is this POS in the NHL????

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I would love Hanzal. That's a forward coming back for O'Reilly that would be perfect. A big, mean center would be perfect for this team.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix says no, not very politely. I think O'Reilly straight across for one of them would be a tough sell even.

If McGinn wasn't injured, he'd be an interesting add to that deal.

Tanguay-Duchene-Briere
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Iginla
Mitchell-Hanzel-Everberg

Yandle-EJ
Stuart-Barrie
Guenin-Redmond

Would be interesting.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Phoenix says no, not very politely. I think O'Reilly straight across for one of them would be a tough sell even.

If McGinn wasn't injured, he'd be an interesting add to that deal.

Tanguay-Duchene-Briere
Landeskog-MacKinnon-O'Reilly
Mitchell-Hanzel-Everberg

Yandle-EJ
Stuart-Barrie
Guenin-Redmond

Would be interesting.

That looks great and all but looking at the players you removed from the lineup makes me think you offered Iginla, Mcginn and Hejda for Yandle and Hanzel. Maybe you threw Holden in too lol. That isn't going to happen.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
That looks great and all but looking at the players you removed from the lineup makes me think you offered Iginla, Mcginn and Hejda for Yandle and Hanzel. Maybe you threw Holden in too lol. That isn't going to happen.
Nah, I missed typed O'Reilly and accidently wrote Iginla. I was going off what betweenthepipes had suggested. McGinn+O'Reilly+Hejda. Holden is just a healthy scratch in my world. Avs would probably still have to add something like their 2015 first. I doubt Hejda has much value unless it's to a team at the deadline.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't want to give up on the season, and I like what Briere has brought, but if I'm Roy and Sakic and look at all the injuries at wing that Pittsburgh has, I call them up and offer them Briere for one of their 1,000,000 defensive prospects. I have no idea if they'd accept it or not, but the wingers they have playing right now are weak (lost Hornqvist last night) and they definitely want to bring in someone. It's clear the guy still has hands around the net and can bury some goals. They'll no doubt be in the playoffs, where he works his magic.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't want to give up on the season, and I like what Briere has brought, but if I'm Roy and Sakic and look at all the injuries at wing that Pittsburgh has, I call them up and offer them Briere for one of their 1,000,000 defensive prospects. I have no idea if they'd accept it or not, but the wingers they have playing right now are weak (lost Hornqvist last night) and they definitely want to bring in someone. It's clear the guy still has hands around the net and can bury some goals. They'll no doubt be in the playoffs, where he works his magic.

And it puts him closer to his family... seems like a win for everybody...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
probably have to retain salary but he's one guy they can sell if they want to.

hejda is another one, he should get 2nd or 3rd+ something small.

that's if avs are in position to sell or willing to do it. i kind of doubt that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I highly doubt Jan Hejda finishes the season with the Avs. Just seems like Stuart was brought in as his replacement. Similar type of player (though I still think Hejda is better), similar salary, also left-handed, and younger.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If Hejda gets re-signed, I'll probably rage. If he doesn't get dealt at the deadline, I'll probably rage. He could bring in a decent draft pick or prospect since defensemen are at a premium.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Guh...like Hanzal's talent and grit but boy is he a dirty son of a *****.

I don't see Arizona making that trade.
A grit the Avs are seriously lacking.

The Avs "physical forwards" are supposed to be Landeskog, McGinn, Iginla, Talbot, McLeod. Only McLeod and Iginla fight out of that group, and only Landeskog and McGinn know how to hit. Landeskog doesn't play that game consistently anymore, and McGinn plays that game even less consistently than Landeskog.

The Avs in general are a pretty soft team to play against.

Extremely soft: O'Reilly, Tanguay

Soft: Talbot, Duchene, Cliche, Briere

Average: Mitchell, Everberg, MacKinnon, Iginla/McLeod (except fighting)

Not soft depending on the game: Landeskog, McGinn

BAMF: Bordeleau

Would love to see Cliche, Talbot, Briere, and O'Reilly off the team, all replaced with scrappier players for their respective lines.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Guh...like Hanzal's talent and grit but boy is he a dirty son of a *****.

I don't see Arizona making that trade.

Is he though? A lot of Hanzal's "dirty" plays are just cause he's so huge and plays hard. He crosses the line sometimes, but I feel like a lot of times when HF flips out at him it's just for being huge and mean.

If you can't tell I'm a big fan of Hanzals and think he's the perfect 3C.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Would love to get Hanzal, but I have a major problem with a lot of the penalties he takes. Majority of them are very dumb, selfish plays that hurt the teams more than anything. I don't think Roy would want that.

Brunner on waivers... what a mess he has become in New Jersey.

He's a good player when he's got great players around him. He isn't a good player when he's got horrible offensive talent and that is what the Devils have. Why did Lou ever think he would be a success with New Jersey is pretty amusing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's a good player when he's got great players around him. He isn't a good player when he's got horrible offensive talent and that is what the Devils have. Why did Lou ever think he would be a success with New Jersey is pretty amusing.

I think it was pure desperation on Lou's part. He desperately wants to avoid a full rebuild.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is he though? A lot of Hanzal's "dirty" plays are just cause he's so huge and plays hard. He crosses the line sometimes, but I feel like a lot of times when HF flips out at him it's just for being huge and mean.

If you can't tell I'm a big fan of Hanzals and think he's the perfect 3C.

I'm a fan too, though I do think he's dirty. But whatever, lots of really good players who IMO are dirty. I think the same of Duncan Keith. John Stockton flew under the radar in the NBA as one of the best guards of all time but was infamous for his liberal use of elbows.

But I don't think Arizona will deal him unless the return is amazing. He's more than a 3C IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad