Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Incidentally, I seem to remember a time when Darren Dreger was a reliable source of information. Was it just me or did he just completely unravel the moment his cousin got promoted by the Maple Leafs?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I still think that there is dman out there than can complement EJ like a Muzzin does for Doughty. Muzzin, while good, isnt what most consider a prized asset. Just have to do some scouting and get creative.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Incidentally, I seem to remember a time when Darren Dreger was a reliable source of information. Was it just me or did he just completely unravel the moment his cousin got promoted by the Maple Leafs?

it's not just you.

i listen a lot of TSN radio and he says some weird stuff really often. actually so much that i've stopped listening him.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I still think that there is dman out there than can complement EJ like a Muzzin does for Doughty. Muzzin, while good, isnt what most consider a prized asset. Just have to do some scouting and get creative.

I think there definitely is. We need someone with good mobility and defensive awareness, EJ can do a lot of the heavy lifting but his partner needs to be able to move and know where to be in the dzone. Hejda has worked well with EJ because he is solid defensively.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think there definitely is. We need someone with good mobility and defensive awareness, EJ can do a lot of the heavy lifting but his partner needs to be able to move and know where to be in the dzone. Hejda has worked well with EJ because he is solid defensively.

Duncan Siemens...

Well as it pertains to the 'type' of defender you're talking about.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Duncan Siemens...

I actually do think that Duncan could be the ideal partner. If he can be solid enough to just let EJ do his job, instead of making his job harder (ex. Holden/Hunwick), and be able to play at a consistent level of play for 20ish minutes a night he'll be perfect.

I'd actually like to see Duncan get a chance to play with the Avs, I think he'll look better with the Avs than with the Monsters.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I looked at CapGeek and the Avs don't have a single defenseman making even $4M. I know some (EJ) have good contracts but that's not a recipe for success.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I looked at CapGeek and the Avs don't have a single defenseman making even $4M. I know some (EJ) have good contracts but that's not a recipe for success.

Its not at this point but EJ's going to get paid on his next contract.

After that i'm sure we'll have to bring in a UFA we'll have to overpay. Draft picks will come in on ELC's.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Its not at this point but EJ's going to get paid on his next contract.

After that i'm sure we'll have to bring in a UFA we'll have to overpay. Draft picks will come in on ELC's.

Right; it just speaks to a current general lack of talent on the blue line. It's possible to have one or two guys playing at a level better than their contracts indicate, but not six.

I read that Roy plans to switch from man to zone on D. Maybe that helps in coverage and breaking the cycle.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Duncan Siemens...

It'll be worth noting that if (and a big if) Siemens comes in at some point in the season, and does really well it'll be another player Roy has either scratched or sent down in favor or a subpar NHLer. I like Roy alot but his personnel decisions are irksome.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

I think it's because Avs brass still fears the Brett Clark era.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Right; it just speaks to a current general lack of talent on the blue line. It's possible to have one or two guys playing at a level better than their contracts indicate, but not six.

I read that Roy plans to switch from man to zone on D. Maybe that helps in coverage and breaking the cycle.

He already did. I think there was a press conference today where he said as much. Check Daters twitter.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't see how the coaches can trust Wilson anymore. He's trying but he doesn't have anything to offer. I like the guy, but I'd rather see the AHL guys play before Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad