Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't think a trade is happening any time soon. They won't be stupid enough to move their first or a top prospect in a fix it trade. Everyone around the league is looking for D, it's probably even harder now than it was last year. If they are going to do something it won't be minor. If they need to pull the trigger on O'Reilly then I think it comes when they have a clearer picture if they are going to be buyers or sellers this year.

Agreed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm just hoping Carolina falls apart and embraces the tank so that Sekera could come into play. That's a guy I'd give up good pieces + a conditional first for.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
An idea I threw around on trade forum I think would be good for both teams (Both teams need a shakeup IMO)

To Yotes - ROR
To Avs - Yandle

Maybe other pieces (Lesser pieces) involved around that

- Avs get good dman who's puck moving should be big improvement for your team
- Yotes get a good 2 way player on wing. Yotes would upgrade top 6 wing position and depth upfront

What would be thoughts of Avs fans on this?

I am mistaking or Yandle have been on the trade market for a very long time . I think i heard something, a long time ago that PHX were desperately looking to trade him ... or along those lines . As good as Yandle can be and a huge improvement on our Dcor , not sure i'm willing to give one of our key player for a guy that PHX will almost drive themself to the airport .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
A 1 for 1 or close to it deal isn't going to happen for ROR. It will be pieces with upside for ROR.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Most teams have to do 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 type trades so the salary evens out. Fitting O'Reily in somewhere at $6M won't be easy.

The Avs love doing 1 for 1 type hockey trades. If he's traded I doubt it will be him by himself for multiple smaller pieces with upside for the future. It will be for someone that can help them now. Otherwise they'll hold onto him until UFA like Stastny.

It might be a lesser player than we want, but I think it will be that type of deal.

The only goalie that has been 'worse' has been Pickard. Berra and Varly have been the same or better. Berra actually has been better than JSG was last year so far.

Maybe later on in the season, but not early. Jiggy was playing out of his mind last year around this time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs were playing a lot better last year in front of the goalies than they are this year. Actual goalie play Berra has been excellent. I'm talking whole year sort of thing. Not the first few games. I know I know JSG got injured. The statement was that goalie play has slipped... Other than Pickard, it hasn't.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Trade ROR for a good defensive d-man + 2015 1st
Trade for Sekera at the deadline and re-sign him

Fix many of our problems in two fell swoops

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Sekera is really someone we should target, but I think 25 other teams are thinking the same. It's not gonna be cheap. Carolina will only trade him, If they get offer they can't refuse.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

200.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

And open up new holes up front while blocking our best prospects. If we can trade for Sekera at the deadline and re-sign him it would be asinine to ship out O'Reilly when we have Hejda, Stuart, Siemens and Bigras for this season and the following two, all except for hejda.

Sekera and EJ could play 25-30 minutes a night together and be awesome for every second of it. Both Hejda and Stuart can partner Barrie competently on the second pairing for now, how long that lasts is a crucial question but I think there's a good chance Stuart can play at this level when next season begins, at which point Siemens will hopefully be taking Holden's job like Redmond is doing with Guenin's, from which Dunk can earn a promotion as the season progresses and/or Stuart fades.

With Redmond hopefully solidifying himself on the third pairing we should be just fine partnering him with Hejda or Stuart for the rest of this year, Holden as a nacho-eater/temporary-fill-in when needed, aka being Wilson'd, Siemens making the jump by some point next year, and a little further down the line, Bigras...provided the kids don't suddenly stagnate, the oldies don't both fall apart right away, and that we can actually get sekera without moving ROR or our first this season.

I just can't see how we're not better off with:

O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landy - MacKinnon - Iginla
Tanguay - Malkin - Everberg
Talbot - Winchester - Briere
Bordeleau, Cliche & McCleod

(2014-15 / 2015-16)
Sekera / Sekera - EJ / EJ
Hejda or Stuart/ Stuart - Barrie / Barrie
Stuart or Hejda / Siemens or Holden - Redmond or Holden / Redmond

than with:

Tanguay - Duchene - McGinn
Landy - MacKinnon - Iginla
Talbot - Mitchell - Everbeast
Cody, Bordy or Cliche - Winchester - Briere

(2014-15 / 2015-16)
Sekera / Sekera - EJ / EJ
ROR trade / ROR trade - Barrie / Barrie
Hejda or Stuart / Stuart or Siemens - Stuart or Redmond / Redmond or Stuart

viach

Aug 5, 2007
An idea I threw around on trade forum I think would be good for both teams (Both teams need a shakeup IMO)

To Yotes - ROR
To Avs - Yandle

Maybe other pieces (Lesser pieces) involved around that

- Avs get good dman who's puck moving should be big improvement for your team
- Yotes get a good 2 way player on wing. Yotes would upgrade top 6 wing position and depth upfront

What would be thoughts of Avs fans on this?

I don't remember where I read that but Yandle is linked to the city of Boston. He is UFA in 2 years (like ROR)...Don't sure we can resign him after...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Avs were playing a lot better last year in front of the goalies than they are this year. Actual goalie play Berra has been excellent. I'm talking whole year sort of thing. Not the first few games. I know I know JSG got injured. The statement was that goalie play has slipped... Other than Pickard, it hasn't.

They were playing better, but I don't think Berra's really been exceptional. He's just been good.

Jiggy was undefeated in his first five games around this time last year. Only giving up five goals total, and had two shutouts. He was stopping everything, and we know this team, there's only so well they can play defensively.

It's not a critique on Berra, but more a nod to how well Jiggy was playing. You could tell he was really motivated to impress his idol in what might have been his last season.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't remember where I read that but Yandle is linked to the city of Boston. He is UFA in 2 years (like ROR)...Don't sure we can resign him after...

Yeah that's because he's from Massachusetts and everyone only goes home.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Oh boy. 10 pages thread on the mainboard.
There were maybe 4-5 somewhat reasonable offers and 90 "great" ones :laugh:.

I just hope Roy stands pat unless we get a really good return on ROR.

Paul Martin or Dion Phaneuf? Ugh...

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'd still love to see an O'Reilly-Simmonds swap that we discussed in the summer. Then go and get his best friend for cheap from Buffalo. Then the Avs will just punch their way to the Cup.

Simmonds-Duchene-Stewart
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Iginla
McGinn-Mitchell-Tanguay
Everberg-Winchester-Bordeleau

That size and toughness.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd still love to see an O'Reilly-Simmonds swap that we discussed in the summer. Then go and get his best friend for cheap from Buffalo. Then the Avs will just punch their way to the Cup.

Simmonds-Duchene-Stewart
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Iginla
McGinn-Mitchell-Tanguay
Everberg-Winchester-Bordeleau

That size and toughness.

Never gonna happen. Philly already has a potentially-better version of O'Reilly in Couturier, and if I'm not mistaken Laughton is supposed to be a hell of a two-way player in his own right.

If Philly trades Simmonds (which they absolutely shouldn't) it'll be for a d-man.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Philly is a great example of why the Avs haven't pulled the trigger on all these defenders that were available. Philly got half of them and they still need defense. They must have 7 top 4 defenseman on that team. They still suck.

The Kulikov one stings. He would have made a difference for us.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Never gonna happen. Philly already has a potentially-better version of O'Reilly in Couturier, and if I'm not mistaken Laughton is supposed to be a hell of a two-way player in his own right.

If Philly trades Simmonds (which they absolutely shouldn't) it'll be for a d-man.
Yeah, Simmonds could probably bring in a defenceman who scored 10 goals last season, plays PP, PK, and averages almost 22 minutes of ice time...

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Philly is a great example of why the Avs haven't pulled the trigger on all these defenders that were available. Philly got half of them and they still need defense. They must have 7 top 4 defenseman on that team. They still suck.

The Kulikov one stings. He would have made a difference for us.

Um...what? :laugh: 7 top-4 d-men? Apart from Streit and Coburn (and Streit is kinda/sorta a toss-up at his age) they have none. Maybe Timonen.

And I'm beginning to wonder about just how Kulikov really is.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Um...what? :laugh: 7 top-4 d-men? Apart from Streit and Coburn (and Streit is kinda/sorta a toss-up at his age) they have none. Maybe Timonen.

And I'm beginning to wonder about just how Kulikov really is.

When they traded for these guys they were all top 4 defenseman.

When they acquired MacD, Schenn, Streit they were all supposed to be top 4 guys. My point was just that lots criticize the Avs for not pulling the trigger, but these are the questionable moves that are happening. Philly goes out and makes those deals and so far, they really haven't paid off at all. So it may not be the worst thing. Patience is probably the way to go.

I wouldn't be jumping all over Myers or Gormley unless you can buy low.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
When they traded for these guys they were all top 4 defenseman.

When they acquired MacD, Schenn, Streit they were all supposed to be top 4 guys. My point was just that lots criticize the Avs for not pulling the trigger, but these are the questionable moves that are happening. Philly goes out and makes those deals and so far, they really haven't paid off at all. So it may not be the worst thing. Patience is probably the way to go.

I wouldn't be jumping all over Myers or Gormley unless you can buy low.

Ah, I see your point now. Agreed.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Simmonds would be good with Avs. They don't have anyone that can run a PP like Giroux.

Avs don't use a screening player well on the PP at all. They don't shoot for deflections and they don't even shoot much at all, so there aren't rebounds to fish for.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think Simmonds would be good with Avs. They don't have anyone that can run a PP like Giroux.

Avs don't use a screening player well on the PP at all. They don't shoot for deflections and they don't even shoot much at all, so there aren't rebounds to fish for.

Yeah, that's been frustrating. They seemingly aren't moving the puck around as much and certainly aren't releasing it fast enough. It feels like everyone's taking forever to wind up for a shot.

Simmonds would be awesome regardless, but Philly ain't trading him unless they can package him for D help. Of course they traded away key players in Carter and Richards and didn't get a defenseman and then decided to sign the Corpse of Vincent Lecavalier, so who knows what they'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad