Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
A similar deal to the wings offer would be Bleackley + Holden. Holden has more value than Kindl, but Bleackley has less than Larkin. I wouldn't do that deal personally.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
A similar deal to the wings offer would be Bleackley + Holden. Holden has more value than Kindl, but Bleackley has less than Larkin. I wouldn't do that deal personally.

I'd probably do it if Barrie somehow could switch over to LHD and if we can get them to take Wilson.

So it is probably not happening :(. Really sucks that all those guys are RHD.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd probably do it if Barrie somehow could switch over to LHD and if we can get them to take Wilson.

So it is probably not happening :(. Really sucks that all those guys are RHD.

Reunite the Barrie-Myers pairing! They did spend some time together in juniors... Not a huge amount, but some time.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bruins are looking at Stewart as their Iginla replacement. The same Stewart who at one point we thought could be a poor man's version of Iginla. Nice.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Bruins are looking at Stewart as their Iginla replacement. The same Stewart who at one point we thought could be a poor man's version of Iginla. Nice.

I'd still take Stewart on my team. Hell of a shot. Need to surround him with some god defensive players though.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'd still take Stewart on my team. Hell of a shot. Need to surround him with some god defensive players though.

We already have 23 players drifting around doing nothing, why do we need another?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just please please no selling our future to get an instant gratification fix now. As much as another team's project or headache could be an upgrade on our mediocrity or garbage doesn't mean it's worth the price. I pray something like that doesn't happen. It's just selling the problem down the road.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Just please please no selling our future to get an instant gratification fix now. As much as another team's project or headache could be an upgrade on our mediocrity or garbage doesn't mean it's worth the price. I pray something like that doesn't happen. It's just selling the problem down the road.

If they are going to do a future deal it better be similar to the EJ deal. Though with the recent deals, it's likely we trade McGinn for an over the hill former great, or Quebecois-player.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
With the way this team is headed, a shake-up trade won't be far behind...and my money is on O'Reilly.

And those who know me around here know that I won't be pleased when/if it happens.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I think if we knew there was a decent chance we'd get the Stewart that played like a beast, asserted himself physically, and utilized his great shot it might make sense right now. Unfortunately, I'm too worried we'll get the inconsistent floater in the offensive zone, that's not that good defensively, and who only really showed chemsitry with the guy that left for St Louis.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
With the way this team is headed, a shake-up trade won't be far behind...and my money is on O'Reilly.

And those who know me around here know that I won't be pleased when/if it happens.

And for those who are seeing how poorly he's playing they will be happy if it happens. I like ROR, but it looks right now as if the guy could give two craps about playing for us. I mean, what more does Roy have to do for him? Sakic and Roy give him as much money as Duchene, Roy puts him back at his preferred position and reunites him with his buddy Landeskog, and he looks like he doesn't care one bit.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I'm really starting to wonder whether the Avs made the right decision picking O'Reilly over Stastny. I'm also starting to wonder whether or not the Avs are making the right decision having MacKinnon as a permanent C for the future. IMO he is better suited as a winger, and needs to stay there. His success last season came as a RW, keep him there

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Trade O'Reilly before the rest of the league realizes he can't produce without Duchene? :sarcasm:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

Doubtful. Roy loves him.

That said, if he brought a guy like Yandle, I'm all for it. The forwards on this team are wasted with this defence core.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Yes, I agree with this.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Only move ROR for
- a younger or at least just entering midage top 3 caliber defenseman
- a solid mid range or better 2015 1st +
- a ridiculously good package of near ready prospects

Any other trades need to be for the future. Prospects, draft picks, etc as I do not see much that the Avs could send out that would bring back much immediate impact. (except McGinn and Barrie, but I would not trade either at this point)

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah, and he'd probably take it.

I don't believe we'll see anything major though, re: trades.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
And for those who are seeing how poorly he's playing they will be happy if it happens. I like ROR, but it looks right now as if the guy could give two craps about playing for us. I mean, what more does Roy have to do for him? Sakic and Roy give him as much money as Duchene, Roy puts him back at his preferred position and reunites him with his buddy Landeskog, and he looks like he doesn't care one bit.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I'm really starting to wonder whether the Avs made the right decision picking O'Reilly over Stastny. I'm also starting to wonder whether or not the Avs are making the right decision having MacKinnon as a permanent C for the future. IMO he is better suited as a winger, and needs to stay there. His success last season came as a RW, keep him there

I think that Staz was going to leave regardless. He had to suffer through Tony Granato and Joe Sacco, and Francois Giguerre and Eric Lacroix, I really can't blame him for bolting.

If he wanted to stay though, Landy-Staz-Mack and Tangs/McGinn-Dutchy-Iggy looks a lot better than our current top-6. At least when Staz was ghosting it up he was still being good defensively and winning draws, when ROR ghosts it up he just kinda floats around until he gets behind the net, then he thinks he's some kind of Gretzky or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad