Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm a bit surprised there are so many RFAs not signed by now. I figured once camp neared, most of them would sign.

Krug
R. Smith

Dillon
Eakin
Johansen
Schwartz
Ellis

They can't sign until either Boychuk+is sent away to make room to sign them or they'll have to wait until Savard's LTIR kicks in.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well Boston can't sign their guys til they make a trade, the jackets and johansen won't stop acting like spoiled children any time soon, and Ellis is just too hard to put a fair number on for a team that don't need him.

Surprised Schwartz and Dillon didn't get solved before camp though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
You can exceed the cap by 10% in the off-season, so it shouldn't be an issue for Boston to sign them.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1 min
No progress, no talks (so far) today between #CBJ and Ryan Johansen's agent, Kurt Overhardt. #JoeyWatch #day3

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 41 s
But after discussing long-term deals earlier this week, both sides seem to agree that a two-year deal makes the most sense. #JoeyWatch #day3

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've been wondering this to, only been one tweet.

And it was from a relatively small rumor site out of Quebec it looks like. Doesn't seem likely to happen at this point but who knows.

This was the google translated tweet and comment from their website that they reference sportsnet, but I couldn't find it there. Maybe it was mentioned on the radio.

Steeve RDT @RDThockey · Sep 16
Le vétéran défenseur Derek Morris pourrait être invité par les #Oilers ou #Avalanche en tant que joueur autonome http://*******/RumeursLNH
Veteran defenseman Derek Morris could be invited by #Oilers #Avalanche or as a free agent http://*******/RumeursLNH

The name of the 36-year veteran defenseman Derek Morris [ stats ] circulates in the entourage of the Oilers and Avalanche. [ SportsNet ]

http://www.rumeursdetransactions.com/7433-rumeurs-infos-lnh-mardi-16-septembre-2014

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The Avalanche said they had one player on a PTO at this camp. Is it Morris or someone else?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
they offered krug some joke offer that i posted here some time ago. like 1.25 mil for 1yr or something.

Yea, how do you offer a 40 point defenseman (who also put up 10 points in 12 playoff games) a one year $1.25M deal, and then hold him out of camp while you play games with the cap?

I really don't understand why the PA and his agent aren't making a big fuss about this.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yea, how do you offer a 40 point defenseman (who also put up 10 points in 12 playoff games) a one year $1.25M deal, and then hold him out of camp while you play games with the cap?

I really don't understand why the PA and his agent aren't making a big fuss about this.

Probably because they have a hard number they want and won't entertain Boston until they meet it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Also wouldn't be surprised if they have the framework for a deal that's satisfactory mostly worked out for when the cap space opens up, and krug doesn't want to put himself in the firing line the way rj has for something he's going to get anyway.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Also wouldn't be surprised if they have the framework for a deal that's satisfactory mostly worked out for when the cap space opens up, and krug doesn't want to put himself in the firing line the way rj has for something he's going to get anyway.

very much possible. would explain why things are so quiet, too. same with smith.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Morris would be a good try out. Though I have high hopes for Redmond, the RHD position on Colorado's third pairing is the biggest question mark in the unit.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Colorado should try to get Leddy is he's available.

I say this forgetting they're a division rival.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Colorado should try to get Leddy is he's available.

I say this forgetting they're a division rival.

Leddy isn't as impressive as people like to think. We also have no need for a 2nd/3rd pairing left handed PMD. 1st pairing LHD or nothing.

And I don't see a PTO hurting, just really odd to use a PTO on a recent draft pick playing AHL/ECHL hockey. Isn't that more of an ATO?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Leddy isn't as impressive as people like to think. We also have no need for a 2nd/3rd pairing left handed PMD. 1st pairing LHD or nothing.

And I don't see a PTO hurting, just really odd to use a PTO on a recent draft pick playing AHL/ECHL hockey. Isn't that more of an ATO?

Well what's the difference?

About 5 bank accounts, 3 ounces and 2 vehicles.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Our ATOs are junior players. I don't know what the exact line of distinction is when it becomes a PTO. I also read something in the CBA where ATO can be unpaid.

Ryan looked decent, nothing amazing but almost a shame he's not sticking around. I assume? Maybe he can get a AHL contract.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I assume that if Morris was going to come here on a PTO he'd be here already. Actual camp is pretty much over. How often to PTOs join up in the middle of pre-season when the coach already has ideas on what the team is going to look like?

I doubt he'll be joining at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad