Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen 2 t
Ryan Johansen and Brenden Dillon expected to skate with @WHLGiants tomorrow.

Johansen and Benson as our 1-2 punch? With Dillon and Geertsen as our shutdown pair? Memorial Cup here we come.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Am I the only still a little disappointed we went for Stuart rather than garrison? I know garrison still has years on his deal so would've likely taken a UFA dman next year off of the table, but I still think he would be a good partner for EJ with Patrick to help him rediscover his mojo. Good size, strength and defensive ability, can get the puck out of the zone, and has a rocket that our pp hasn't had since Blake. And that price for a solid EJ partner is a much better bargain than we'll find in FA.

Garrison/Garrison/Garrison/Bigras - EJ
Hejda/Holden/Siemens/Siemens - Barrie
Holden/Siemens/Bigras/Gaertsen - Redmond/Elliott
Siemens/Bigras/Gaertsen-or-Holden/???

Would be our progression over this and the following three seasons on the left side.

With Bleackley looking like iginla's eventual replacement, and the trio of Hishon, Bourke and Smith to replace Tanguay, the third line and the O'Reilly question would be the only spots where we weren't set for the next ~5 years. And with McGinn already here and Malkin probably still around the third line could well be mostly set as well.

Last edited:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Am I the only still a little disappointed we went for Stuart rather than garrison? I know garrison still has years on his deal so would've likely taken a UFA dman next year off of the table, but I still think he would be a good partner for EJ with Patrick to help him rediscover his mojo. Good size, strength and defensive ability, can get the puck out of the zone, and has a rocket that our pp hasn't had since Blake. And that price for a solid EJ partner is a much better bargain than we'll find in FA.

Garrison/Garrison/Garrison/Bigras - EJ
Hejda/Holden/Siemens/Siemens - Barrie
Holden/Siemens/Bigras/Gaertsen - Redmond/Elliott

Would be our progression over this and the following three seasons on the left side.

With Bleackley looking like iginla's eventual replacement, and the trio of Hishon, Bourke and Smith to replace Tanguay, the third line and the O'Reilly question would be the only spots where we weren't set for the next ~5 years. And with McGinn already here and Malkin probably still around the third line could well be mostly set as well.

Well sure, but maybe Garrison didnt want to come here, didnt he have a NMC or whatever? I mean he went back to the Florida area, so it seems like we didnt really have a chance.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think he did, but I dunno how much we didn't have a chance and how much we just didn't pursue it because they wanted the cap flexibility next season to go for someone really good, like hoff or sekera.

Not blaming patty and joe even if we don't sign one of those two next summer, just day dreaming about what realistically could've happened and how nicely it would've set everything up for us.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think he did, but I dunno how much we didn't have a chance and how much we just didn't pursue it because they wanted the cap flexibility next season to go for someone really good, like hoff or sekera.

Not blaming patty and joe just day dreaming about what realistically could've happened and how nicely it would've set everything up for us.

I dont know much about Garrison overall game, I just know he can score goals.
Ideally one of Bigras or Siemens is brought in as a 7th guy next year and we can
add a long term UFA d man . Ideally It seems like we are striking out on these
d men, so im not gonna hold my breath we land anyone good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, plus we were hot for orpik which worries me if we miss on the good UFA LHDs, and why I would've preferred a lower risk and lower reward route like picking up garrison.

I didn't see much of him last year but in years past he was a good defensive dman who wasn't great on the puck, but was fine getting it out of the zone and had that great bomb if someone teed him up, Campbell was really great at this, finding him time and again on the pp. He'd be a Hejda like solution only with that much superior shot, and I'd have been more than fine with three more years of what Hejda gave us last season before getting hurt + a heavy as **** shot for Barrie to feed on the pp.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it's pretty shameful what they're doing to Krug. They're basically holding him out of training camp themselves, because they don't want to deal a bottom 4 defenseman they're gonna let walk next summer anyway.

Just trade Boychuk already and let the kid get himself ready in camp.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I think it's pretty shameful what they're doing to Krug. They're basically holding him out of training camp themselves, because they don't want to deal a bottom 4 defenseman they're gonna let walk next summer anyway.

And Reilly Smith. They both miss camp because the Bruins just don't have any space. It's crazy that Smith and Krug are not going to get to practice with their teammates until just before opening night or after.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

I heard that its possible EDM wants Joe Morrow and are willing to take on Kelly's contract so this way they get to keep Boychuk.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
And Reilly Smith. They both miss camp because the Bruins just don't have any space. It's crazy that Smith and Krug are not going to get to practice with their teammates until just before opening night or after.

Missing that much time could greatly affect their seasons, and therefore the next contract they sign. Especially if it's short term. I'm surprised they haven't asked to be traded, or had the PA step in for them.

On a side note. Boychuk would look awfully good on this team next to Holden. Him and Stuart would add a whole hell of a lot of toughness to the back end, not to mention that cannon of a shot. Opposing forwards would have a lot on their minds aside from scoring with those two on separate pairings.

Hejda - EJ
Stuart - Barrie
Holden - Boychuk

Watching his playoff highlights, and it's hard not to imagine he's the prototypical guy Roy and Foote would love to add to make this team harder to play against in the post season.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I heard that its possible EDM wants Joe Morrow and are willing to take on Kelly's contract so this way they get to keep Boychuk.

Morrow would defintely be ok with that. Kid is ready to play in the show but cant make it because of the b's defense. Edmonton kid too (well Sherwood Park)

m0ngr31

Missing that much time could greatly affect their seasons, and therefore the next contract they sign. Especially if it's short term. I'm surprised they haven't asked to be traded, or had the PA step in for them.

On a side note. Boychuk would look awfully good on this team next to Holden. Him and Stuart would add a whole hell of a lot of toughness to the back end, not to mention that cannon of a shot. Opposing forwards would have a lot on their minds aside from scoring with those two on separate pairings.

Hejda - EJ
Stuart - Barrie
Holden - Boychuk

Watching his playoff highlights, and it's hard not to imagine he's the prototypical guy Roy and Foote would love to add to make this team harder to play against in the post season.

Yeah, we don't have anyone with that kind of shot or physicality. Would love to add him if we could fit him in under the cap. If we could bury Wilson in the AHL and didn't have Zanon's buyout, we could do it :cry:

Why didn't they use a compliance buyout on him anyways? Seems kinda stupid for him to still be affecting our cap situation when it could have been done all at once...

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Yeah, we don't have anyone with that kind of shot or physicality. Would love to add him if we could fit him in under the cap. If we could bury Wilson in the AHL and didn't have Zanon's buyout, we could do it :cry:

Why didn't they use a compliance buyout on him anyways? Seems kinda stupid for him to still be affecting our cap situation when it could have been done all at once...

Depth, hoping he turns it around mostly.

m0ngr31

No, I was referring to Zanon. I don't have anything against Wilson personally, just wish he could stay healthy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm a bit surprised there are so many RFAs not signed by now. I figured once camp neared, most of them would sign.

Krug
R. Smith
Dillon
Eakin
Johansen
Schwartz
Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks