Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
All this Hayes business is pointing to our shallow depth on the wings

It's a serious problem actually.

Actual wings on the top 6:

Tangs (2 years left)
ROR (2 years left?)
old Iggy (2 years of top 6 left?)
Landy

Not good. I still believe that we should have signed McGinn for longer than 2 years as an insurance policy.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 50 s
BREAKING: #Sens owner @MelnykEugene confirms that the #Sens have agreed to terms with Clarke MacArthur on a five-year contract extension.

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 22 s
#Sens five-year extension with Clarke MacArthur has an AAV of $4.65M ($4.5, $4.5, $4.75, $4.75, $4.75).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It could be Penguins bad. So be thankful its not.

It could be close if Tangs and/or Iggy start showing their age or we have injuries.

Hishon has to step up and become a decent 2nd line winger. We really need him.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
dat wrister, but seriously - the guy is softer than a fresh gummy bear.

We should get some Haribo packets and just cut open the top and leave it in the cupboard with our prospects for a little while. That way our prospects will get a bit tougher.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It could be close if Tangs and/or Iggy start showing their age or we have injuries.

Hishon has to step up and become a decent 2nd line winger. We really need him.

At this point i'm just hopeful no matter where he plays he can string a solid 10 games together without getting a minor injury.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 50 s
BREAKING: #Sens owner @MelnykEugene confirms that the #Sens have agreed to terms with Clarke MacArthur on a five-year contract extension.

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 22 s
#Sens five-year extension with Clarke MacArthur has an AAV of $4.65M ($4.5, $4.5, $4.75, $4.75, $4.75).

Fair amt for a very solid player, like him alot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's a serious problem actually.

Actual wings on the top 6:

Tangs (2 years left)
ROR (2 years left?)
old Iggy (2 years of top 6 left?)
Landy

Not good. I still believe that we should have signed McGinn for longer than 2 years as an insurance policy.

A lot can happen in that time frame so I'm not too concerned. Two years ago our top six wingers were Landeskog, Hejduk, Mueller, and Jones. Then they acquired McGinn and Downie at the deadline. Now only Landeskog and McGinn remain. Things change pretty quickly in the NHL.

O'Reilly is the only one I'm worried about. No way you can let him go to free agency.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Ok just to change up things a bit
All this Hayes business is pointing to our shallow depth on the wings
so would a deal around Elliot for a fwd prospect work? I was looking at the Rags and they dont have a pure offensive dman in their system

Sounds good to me, if he cant be packaged in a deal for a top pair dman. Trading him does seem like the most logical option though. If he can't be part of a package deal then a forward prospect would be the next best option, or just a pick, IMO.

1) With Barrie in the line up we don't have room for another soft offensive guy. And now that we have Noreau, who's stats are much better than Elliott's and who sounds to be more defensively responsible, there really is no need for Elliott at all. We also have Butcher coming on strong. Even added Gervais to the mix who has similar numbers, but a ton of NHL experience. Plus the 2way guys like Holden, Corbett, EJ, Bigras and Redmond.

2) I would imagine Elliott's trade value is pretty good. He was a 2nd round pick. I would think he would still be worth that. He still has a great offensive skill set. But I thought PA would have had some sort of value too, so who knows.

3) I doubt he passes waivers. Would hate to lose him for nothing. If I am wrong about his trade value then im probably wrong about passing through waivers as well. In this case just send him back to LE and hope he develops enough to be worth trading.

Of course wait until after camp to see if he beats out Noreau. And Barrie has got actually sign first.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
MacArthur is a nice player but I would've let the season play out before locking him up for another 5 years.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ottawa needed some good news for their fans. It's been a depressing time for them lately and they had MacArthur, Ryan, Anderson and Methot as pending UFAs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ottawa needed some good news for their fans. It's been a depressing time for them lately and they had MacArthur, Ryan, Anderson and Methot as pending UFAs.

Watch them lose the more important three now because they don't want to pay them.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Sounds good to me, if he cant be packaged in a deal for a top pair dman. Trading him does seem like the most logical option though. If he can't be part of a package deal then a forward prospect would be the next best option, or just a pick, IMO.

1) With Barrie in the line up we don't have room for another soft offensive guy. And now that we have Noreau, who's stats are much better than Elliott's and who sounds to be more defensively responsible, there really is no need for Elliott at all. We also have Butcher coming on strong. Even added Gervais to the mix who has similar numbers, but a ton of NHL experience. Plus the 2way guys like Holden, Corbett, EJ, Bigras and Redmond.

2) I would imagine Elliott's trade value is pretty good. He was a 2nd round pick. I would think he would still be worth that. He still has a great offensive skill set. But I thought PA would have had some sort of value too, so who knows.

3) I doubt he passes waivers. Would hate to lose him for nothing. If I am wrong about his trade value then im probably wrong about passing through waivers as well. In this case just send him back to LE and hope he develops enough to be worth trading.

Of course wait until after camp to see if he beats out Noreau. And Barrie has got actually sign first.

I was looking through teams that have a lack of offensive d prospects
so far ive got NYR and CGY
Hanowski looks groot

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Watch them lose the more important three now because they don't want to pay them.

I think they're going to lose Ryan. It makes very little sense for him to re-sign unless they're giving him a crazy amount of money he won't get anywhere else.

They should want to lose Anderson. He'll be 34 next season and isn't that good to begin with.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think they're going to lose Ryan. It makes very little sense for him to re-sign unless they're giving him a crazy amount of money he won't get anywhere else.

They should want to lose Anderson. He'll be 34 next season and isn't that good to begin with.

No way! My dream scenario is that OTT is losing badly and he starts to bail on them. It'll be new territory for him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just wish we knew if we were still in it or out of it. If we are out I'd like to move on with life :laugh:

This is starting to drag on at this point.

A little annoying too since as it went on the Avs seemed to be more and more the frontrunners with most of the rumors, until today where it seems like the Rags took that over.

Just hope it comes to an end one way or another today.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
This is starting to drag on at this point.

A little annoying too since as it went on the Avs seemed to be more and more the frontrunners with most of the rumors, until today where it seems like the Rags took that over.

Just hope it comes to an end one way or another today.

Same, the silence is obnoxious. I have no problem with him taking his time. It's a big decision. Just wish they'd set a date and or let teams know who is in and who is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad