Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I honestly don't see who they'll send down. We'll lose Elliott to the waivers if we send him down and I'd feel bad for Hishon too.
Hishon has a slim chance of making it anyway with 14 forwards on one-way contracts. He was going to start the year in LE, no matter what. Elliott could still pass through waivers, as there are a lot of players put on waivers right before the season starts and teams have set rosters.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's a fact Briere has a NMC, so therefore by definition he needs to waive it to get moved, no? Also I think he said so in an article.

More competition is good, if we sign this kid and he beats out Briere then we are the better for it. But it's also true Roy has said Briere will have a role including PP time so the likelihood that plan comes to fruition is high.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Considering Briere will be gone next year (most likely) and that we have a bunch of old guys who are bound to get injured. Hayes seems pretty reasonable. And Colorado would be a good fit for him.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Buying out Zanon with a standard buyout is starting to look really stupid. The Avs were never going to use both compliance buyouts. Why the hell did they not buy out Zanon with the compliance buyout just in case... It could be really important if the team has a solid year and worthy of buying at the deadline.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I just figured out why Hayes is interested in Colorado, he was teammates with Paul Carey when they won a national championship together. :sarcasm:

Did anyone see in Dater's latest mailbag column he said the Avs offered Stastny "close to" his 6.6 salary? Either he thinks 6yr/35m is "close to" or is he saying what he reported in the podcast was incorrect?

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
ROR + Hishon to Calgary
Monahan + 1 round pick 2015 Calgary to Colorado

You won't see too many potential lottery picks for the 2015 draft changing hands. It's way too risky.

If that pick wins the McDavid lottery, 2 years of ROR wouldn't look very good all of a sudden.

Last edited:

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
ROR + Hishon to Calgary
Monahan + 1 round pick 2015 Calgary to Colorado

That's a good return even if Calgary is a playoff team. Any 1st next year could be a top player down the line. Plus Monahan is already a very good player at 18.

Calgary says no chance.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
We're getting to the point where it seems like you want to just argue over everything and I don't have the energy for that. Briere will start on the 3rd line not the 4th. Roy knows this, Briere knows this, and Hayes knows this. To use your words, I pretty much guarantee it. :p:

Lol. Says the guy who is contradicting himself, ignoring any valid point and seems to always dodge questions.

Ill ask again. Which is it, will Briere be on the 3rd line and not allow for someone like Hayes to compete for the spot or will he be on the 4th line if someone is better?

Promising a guy like Briere that he will start at any particular position is just plain stupid. Think whatever you want. But there is no way they did that.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
This. Bordy won't be sent down in the minors. Roy likes to have a tough guy in the lineup and Bordy is NHL material (if not with the AVS then with another team). Most guys doing his "job" are much worse than him at actually playing hockey.

I honestly don't see who they'll send down. We'll lose Elliott to the waivers if we send him down and I'd feel bad for Hishon too.

Also, there was no point to sign Noreau and Winchester if we send them to LE, so they'll most likely start the season with the big boys.

That's kind of a problem actually. I see a lot of healthy scratch candidates this year.

That's a great problem to have.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If we manage to add Hayes I'd like to see:

O'Reilly-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Tanguay
McGinn-Briere-Hayes
Bordeleau/McLeod-Mitchell-Talbot

The third line goes up against weaker lines to cause some havoc, the fourth has some semblance of a legit checking line.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

O'Reilly-Duchene-Iginla
McGinn-Briere-Hayes

The third line goes up against weaker lines to cause some havoc, the fourth has some semblance of a legit checking line.

If we get Hayes in I wouldn't put Briere in the top 9.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

O'Reilly-Duchene-Iginla
McGinn-Briere-Hayes

Winchester should be in the lineup over either Bordeleau and McLeod. He's a much better player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hayes won't be a 3rd liner right away. The kid is still pretty raw. The teams competing for him may promise a NHL spot on a 4th line/extra forward, but he will have to earn a top 9 spot.

I know it is tempting to throw him up there, but it won't happen on any team unless he just has a monster camp... which is unlikely. He will have his struggles early and really should be in the AHL to start next year (I know he won't be though).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Mitchell gets a 3rd line spot before Briere unless Briere starts scoring at a playoff pace.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lol. Says the guy who is contradicting himself, ignoring any valid point and seems to always dodge questions.

Ill ask again. Which is it, will Briere be on the 3rd line and not allow for someone like Hayes to compete for the spot or will he be on the 4th line if someone is better?

Promising a guy like Briere that he will start at any particular position is just plain stupid. Think whatever you want. But there is no way they did that.

What valid point? You haven't made any. I'm pretty much done with you, as you're taking this in a very childish direction.

You clearly are the type that will just argue all the tiny details hoping it distracts long enough so no one realizes you're making a terrible argument.

Telling a vet looking for a bigger role that they'll have a bigger role on your team happens all the time. If you think this doesn't happen, you're 100% wrong, and are being very naive. This surely happened to some extent with Briere because he had to waive his NMC, and why would he do so unless it was a better opportunity.

It was clear as day what I said, and I didn't contradict myself. Hayes is reportedly looking for a good shot to crack the top 6, or maybe possible top 9. It's not clear because there hasn't been anything definitive come out to my knowledge.

Briere will start on the 3rd line. This is obvious to anyone with common sense. It's also what Roy himself said. What happens as the season goes on is more in flux. This also is common sense. If Briere sucks and someone is better than him, he'll be on the 4th line. If Hayes is here, that could be him.

The problem with that is he may not be here, because he may want a better opportunity where the top 9 isn't set right from day 1. It's not clear if Hayes wants an opportunity to make the top 6 or top 9 straight out of camp, or if he's willing to be patient and work his way up as the year goes on, or maybe even next year. If he's willing to be patient, then the Avs make sense, but the speculation is that he'd rather not be that patient and would like an opportunity to make the top 6/top 9 out of camp.

Something he's not going to get assurance of with the Avs because their top 9 is full of vets and guys that will not be bumped down in favor of him straight out of camp. He'll have to prove he's better than them during the season.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Buying out Zanon with a standard buyout is starting to look really stupid. The Avs were never going to use both compliance buyouts. Why the hell did they not buy out Zanon with the compliance buyout just in case... It could be really important if the team has a solid year and worthy of buying at the deadline.

Were not that close to the cap that we need the extra $700K

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think you guys are underrating Briere. I think he's going to be the first injury replacement for the top 6.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not trying to underrate Briere. I'm just valuing Mitchell the same way Roy seems to.

why-done-we-have-both.jpg

Both Briere and Mitchell will be on the 3rd line... McGinn will be the first top 6 replacement. The 4th line is really on the only line unsettled.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Mitchell gets a 3rd line spot before Briere unless Briere starts scoring at a playoff pace.

They don't have to battle each other for the 3rd line, they'll both be on it with McGinn. Roy has said this himself.

The question is does Mitchell or Briere play center, and most think Mitchell makes more sense because he's better defensively.

I think you guys are underrating Briere. I think he's going to be the first injury replacement for the top 6.

I think so too, though I think it depends on who gets injured. If it's either of the centers or Tanguay/O'Reilly, Briere will move up to the 2nd line. Tangs will move up with Iggy if it's O'Reilly.

I think if it's Iggy or Landy though, McGinn will move up.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
What valid point? You haven't made any. I'm pretty much done with you, as you're taking this in a very childish direction.

You clearly are the type that will just argue all the tiny details hoping it distracts long enough so no one realizes you're making a terrible argument.

Telling a vet looking for a bigger role that they'll have a bigger role on your team happens all the time. If you think this doesn't happen, you're 100% wrong, and are being very naive. This surely happened to some extent with Briere because he had to waive his NMC, and why would he do so unless it was a better opportunity.

It was clear as day what I said, and I didn't contradict myself. Hayes is reportedly looking for a good shot to crack the top 6, or maybe possible top 9. It's not clear because there hasn't been anything definitive come out to my knowledge.

Briere will start on the 3rd line. This is obvious to anyone with common sense. It's also what Roy himself said. What happens as the season goes on is more in flux. This also is common sense. If Briere sucks and someone is better than him, he'll be on the 4th line. If Hayes is here, that could be him.

The problem with that is he may not be here, because he may want a better opportunity where the top 9 isn't set right from day 1. It's not clear if Hayes wants an opportunity to make the top 6 or top 9 straight out of camp, or if he's willing to be patient and work his way up as the year goes on, or maybe even next year. If he's willing to be patient, then the Avs make sense, but the speculation is that he'd rather not be that patient and would like an opportunity to make the top 6/top 9 out of camp.

Something he's not going to get assurance of with the Avs because their top 9 is full of vets and guys that will not be bumped down in favor of him straight out of camp. He'll have to prove he's better than them during the season.

Lol. Right on cue. Typical, acuse someone of doing the thing you are doing before they say it to you. You made this childish a long time ago. And you have done nothing but run yourself in circles trying to continue to argue the small little details in hopes of blah blah blah.

FYI, you really should not talk about common sense. Anyone who has played competitive sports. He'll, anyone who has followed it for just a few years, knows that hardly anything is set in the offseason. Especially not the middle/bottom of he lineup. But keep hanging your hat on the idea that Briere waiving his no trade clause proves that we made playing time promises. It can't possibly mean anything else, huh? No way does he waive it for any other reason. I mean, he was obviously so happy in Montreal. We probably even promised him Duchene's spot. Why else would he come here.

And on that note, once again, how do you know why Briere waived his no trade clause? Why do you keep dodging this? You keep stating this as fact, yet completely ignore the question.

And once again, how do you know what Hayes is looking for? How do you know he is looking for a place he can jump into the top 6 or 9 immediately? Why do you keep ignoring this question.

The tiny details? You mean the details that started off saying that we don't have an open spot in the top 9 and Hayes does not have a healthy shot at cracking our top 9 compared to 'if someone is better he (Briere) will he on the 4th line'. The entire argument was that Hayes would not be able to crack the top 9 here. Then you finally say Briere will be on the 4th if there is someone better. That is completely back tracking and going against the entire premise of your argument that Hayes would not be able to make our top 9. And now you are back tracking again to make it about the start of camp instead of just being able to crack the top 9 in general.

So now camp means nothing? No matter what happens in camp the only way for someone to move up the depth chart is by doing it during he season? Ok, if you say so. I guess camp is nothing but a glorified tea party, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad