In all quietness, Brent Burns has already scored 61 points this season

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Haven't red much about him this season, nor followed him .Went to check d-men scoring...
Burns with 61 points this season. Okay, what ever :) . Lately he has been on fire thou ->
7g+19a=26pts in his last 16 games (1.62 ppg)

Has 7, 8 and 12 point lead to Giordano,Rielly,Carlsson

- I GUESS THE NORRIS GOES TO BURNS AGAIN THIS SEASON -

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Yeah 5 straight seasons with at least 60 Points now. Only 7 goals from hitting 200 career goals. Only 8 Points behind Chara for most Points amongst Active defensemen. Will most likely reach the top 30 in all time Points by a defenseman this season.

Burns is the front runner for sure for the Norris Trophy and could be a dark horse candidate for the Hart Trophy since we'll likely see 4 of the top 5 guys in Points at the end of the season miss the playoffs this year!

Reactions: SenzZen

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
Haven't red much about him this season, nor followed him .Went to check d-men scoring...

This statement negate your thread title of "In all quietness, Brent Burns has already scored 61 point this season."

Anybody that follows the NHL and watches highlights has seen that Burns as been atop the d-men scoring from the beginning of the season with Chabot, Reilly and Carlsson.

Nothing quiet about him this season.

Lately he has been on fire thou ->
7g+19a=26pts in his last 16 games (1.62 ppg)

Re nothing quiet about Brent Burns this season.
"Brent Burns has already scored 61 point this season." would have been a great thread title.

Hard to take you seriously when we can see that Brent Burn is having a Norris caliber season and just made history being one of 7 defensemen in history to record 50 assist in 55 games.

Brent Burns is quietly torching the league as a d-men point wise. Yeah, no.

Followers of hockey have seen the noise he's been making all season.
It's not because you were looking the other way, or not looking at all, that what San Jose's #88 has been doing was under the radar.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This statement negate your thread title of "In all quietness, Brent Burns has already scored 61 point this season."

Anybody that follows the NHL and watches highlights has seen that Burns as been atop the d-men scoring from the beginning of the season with Chabot, Reilly and Carlsson.

"Brent Burns has already scored 61 point this season." would have been a great thread title.

Hard to take you seriously when we can see that Brent Burn is having a Norris caliber season and just made history being one of 7 defensemen in history to record 50 assist in 55 games.

It's not because you were looking the other way, or not looking at all, that what San Jose's #88 has been doing was under the radar.

There has not been a single thread about Burns on HF main boards,in a long time. (so, not much chatter)
I get that you are a huge fan but, easy on the negative stuff. m'kay?.

He had a decent season before his current big run, but nothing Norrisesque

PS. I follow hockey more than anyone, so don't come all mouthing like that, when you know nothing about me

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

Don't want to put words in the OP's mouth, but perhaps the "quiet"-ness they were referring to the fact that all year the Norris front runners have been Reilly and Giordano and Hedman and Jones, etc, but Burns hasn't garnered the media attention much until the last few weeks (from my ears).

In Sharks land, none of this has been quiet lol

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

Okay you went on a long rant but I think he was referencing the fact that the board is obsessed with dmen on Canadian hockey clubs and you are more likely to find posts about Gio, Chabot, or Reilly.

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
Haven't red much about him this season, nor followed him.

PS. I follow hockey more than anyone

There are people that follow every games of every NHL teams, day in and day out.
There are people that follow players production league wide for fantasy purpose every day.

If you did follow hockey more than them, you would have know that Brent Burns had been the number one point producer on the San Jose Sharks all season and that his season had been quite a bit better than "decent before his current run".

It's true that I don't know you, but your statements speak for themselves.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
While he still has the occasional brain-fart, this is the best Brent Burns has ever played. Despite that, one could argue, if he even is the best d-man on the Sharks ever since EK65 flipped the switch (Burns probably is, but that it’s not clear cut is kind of ridiculous in a great way).

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It's only cuz Karlsson is taking all the hard matchups.

yada yada points per 60mins at ES points. something something Corsi, Fenwick, and shot attempts HDSCA, and even more obscure stats per man-game per team % points per stage of the game prove that hes barely a #1 Dman.

His PMSFU stats read this relative Fenwick average per corsi divided by TOI and FSXGUIK kinda shows that he;s only being used when the LPSAI diametric evens over a distributed weight cycle, breaking even the most Allemenetic Geophormolligical Alleminumia Representative Tenants (AGART%) is way too low to be a true Norris cantidate.

jk. Dude is amazing.

Oh come on, that’s a terrible advanced stat- you’re better off looking at his basic underlying league level shots, hits, independent talent- better known as BULLSHIT.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
I remember when he was bashed in the beginning of the season as a terrible player. lol

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
He did have a slow start to the season if IIRC so I am actually surprised that he's already over 60 pts.
Always enjoy watching Burns - unfortunately because of time zones I rarely get that opportunity. Would love it if he can keep this up well into his 30s.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I still wouldnt call him the Norris favourite. Hes making noise but if the season ended right now I think Gio would still win it. He'll make it interesting if he can keep this current hot streak going and get a noticeable points lead though. 7 points doesnt make up the difference in defensive play between the 2 in my opinion

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I still wouldnt call him the Norris favourite. Hes making noise but if the season ended right now I think Gio would still win it. He'll make it interesting if he can keep this current hot streak going and get a noticeable points lead though. 7 points doesnt make up the difference in defensive play between the 2 in my opinion
Well it will most likely be more than 7 by April so I have to ask, what is the threshold for point differential it will take for Burns to be better than Giordano this year in your eyes?

Reactions: Kegsey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad