In all quietness, Brent Burns has already scored 61 points this season

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Good thing Burns is playing good defense this year then!

I swear, everyone thinks they know Burns but it doesn’t look like many have actually watched him play this season.

Yup. It gets so tiring hearing the "play him as a winger because that is basically what he is" or "disaster in his own zone" narratives. He has been really good defensively this year but people (who very obviously do not watch much or any of his actual play) hold onto these tired farces like their lives depend on it.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Giordano should win the Norris as best defenceman but knowing how stupid the PWHA is at times, they'll give it to Burns because points :eyeroll:

I doubt that is going to happen this year, although Burns is tracking as a finalist, ie 2nd or 3rd.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Good thing I searched before I made a thread: Burns is on pace for 89 points now which is kind of insane. I hope he can break 90 points, no defender has done that since Bourque did it in 93-94. Hell, no-one has even had 85 points since Leetch had it in 95-96. That trade with Minnesota looks ridiculously lopsided now.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Good thing I searched before I made a thread: Burns is on pace for 89 points now which is kind of insane. I hope he can break 90 points, no defender has done that since Bourque did it in 93-94. Hell, no-one has even had 85 points since Leetch had it in 95-96. That trade with Minnesota looks ridiculously lopsided now.
It was a contract year and I don't think he was going to re-sign in Minny. His 8 year extension a couple years ago wasn't his first long-term contract with the Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad