IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT HFBOARDS - Please read!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not to jinx it but it seems to be functioning okay now.

The Great Schlemko is going to be all over you like a wet blanket, if the gremlins come back -- he believes in jinxes big time. Let's just assume you didn't say anything, lol.

Reactions: groovejuice

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The Great Schlemko is going to be all over you like a wet blanket, if the gremlins come back -- he believes in jinxes big time. Let's just assume you didn't say anything, lol.
Well I don't believe in jinxes much but I find that it's only important that one's adversaries believe in them in order for them to work.

I do believe wholeheartedly, however, in the concept of performance in so-called "clutch" situations. Some fancy stats people contend that the idea of "clutch" is a myth but anyone who's watched regular season Pacioretty and post-season Pacioretty knows the truth.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
For the record, I'm still having the very same issues with lagging. Logging in to HF sucks up close to 300 megs of Ram instantly, which is pretty much the same as FB. Both have Google customized ads. It's my speculation that it's possibly the culprit.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I wonder if the browser has anything to do with it. Google Chrome is resource heavy I think, I use Opera and it runs flawlessly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mods and admins, can you please do something about the glitches and lags? It's a longstanding issue, it needs to be prioritized.

We can't afford another draft day wipe out, which is sure to happen. You already know what's coming, is there any way to do something in anticipation?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Avatars should be disabled for the draft.

Great idea.

If the Mods and Admins can't do what it takes to fix the issues, how about providing a scaled down version of the site where useless or purely esthetic gizmos are disabled during those days where there will be high traffic? Say 24 hours preceding draft day, on draft day and 24 hours post draft day. Three days of posting hell.

Better a less fancy backdrop but the ability to post seamlessly. How about it?

Reactions: Chris Cutter

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just letting everyone know work was being done on the site today & it was causing some issues.

For myself I couldn't reply at all, create a conversation, edit anything or access notifications for about 5 hours.

Some people had problems staying logged in.

If you're having issues completely clear your cache/browsing history for HF and re-start your browser.

It worked for me.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Just letting everyone know work was being done on the site today & it was causing some issues.

For myself I couldn't reply at all, create a conversation, edit anything or access notifications for about 5 hours.

If you're having issues completely clear your cache/browsing history for HF and re-start your browser.

It worked for me.
Hopefully it stays good for draft day

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Is it normal it logs me out when I leave the page? I have to log in everytime I come back even if I check the 'remember me' thing. Only started happening today.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Is it normal it logs me out when I leave the page? I have to log in everytime I come back even if I check the 'remember me' thing. Only started happening today.
Me as well.

Try this

It worked for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad