Impact Thread: Pride Of Canada... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
IMFC said last season that they will have new jerseys this year, right? That they kept the same ones for their 25th year anniversary and to start their next 25, they'd have new jerseys. Am I remembering correctly?

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

Diallo seems in good shape. We are getting loaded on CBs:

Fanni, Camacho, Cabrera, Diallo, Raitala (can play fullback) and that rumored tunisian dude

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Anybody know that Chris Wehan dude who posted with San Jose last year?

I'd bet a "vieux deux" that it's a recommandation from Vassili, the new former impact stats guy. According to wikipedia, he was named USL rookie of the year in 2017 with a 8G 12A season. He barely played last year though, despite being with the San José trainwreck. Maybe he was overlooked, who knows. Looks to be an offensive midfielder at the USL level, dunno what he'll look like in the MLS. Hopefully he's another Lovitz find.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Diallo seems in good shape. We are getting loaded on CBs:

Fanni, Camacho, Cabrera, Diallo, Raitala (can play fullback) and that rumored tunisian dude

we were never linked with that dude, it's 100% Vancouver. They just linked to Montreal because it's French. Fanni has left for good. So it's the next 4 names u've said and maybe one of the young righbacks can play at CB.

Pity Martinez is in Atlanta. So now both LAG and ATL are stuck with 4 DPs, I smell an annoucement soon by the league.

Bummer, the league has to stop blocking moves and getting invovled like that. Let clubs run their own shit. We could've had Clarence Seedorf in 2012 if it weren't for the dumb MLS front office.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Says on transfermarkt he's more of a LM/CM type, even played some DM during his monster season two years ago in USL. Seems like the profile Garde is looking for at CM.

I like that they took a flyer on a USL guy, even if it doesn't pan out, there's always the possibility of striking gold and it never hurts to exploit NA in recruitment. As a matter of fact, it's a must.

He looks better than a bunch of guys playing in MLS right now.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Will it be another army boot camp like last year ?
Most likely, but I think the guys will be ready. What's worrisome is the team coming back to train in the cold in a few weeks, the injury probability shoots up when you train in cold temperatures. So I'm curious to see how they manage that.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He definitely has the stats of a number 10. Or at least an attacking CM. He looks good on both feet; He seems too attacking minded to play at DM. I am looking forward to see both Sejdic and this guy. See what happens you decide to scout locally rather than in South America or France? You get players that could breakthrough and make all the other teams look dumb. I think of Christian Ramirez, Edwards,Molino, Ibarra....

Whoever brought this guy over if he blows up , that person deserves a raise.

What we already knew since day 1. Question is will they play?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad