Impact Thread: Pride Of Canada... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Novillo is more like Piatti than Silva is. Although, playing on the right side might change his style a bit.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Are you saying that Novillo is our new Mapp @QuebecPride

Haven't seen enough of him yet to see if he can lead the ball with pace like Mapp did. But 1v1s it's indeed similar. Honestly I was a bit disappointed by his play on transitions, but it might also be because he doesn't have a Taider on the right side. I like Azira, he allows Sagna to take more chances , but he's not at his best offensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Haven't seen enough of him yet to see if he can lead the ball with pace like Mapp did. But 1v1s it's indeed similar. Honestly I was a bit disappointed by his play on transitions, but it might also be because he doesn't a Taider on the right side. I like Azira, he allows Sagna to take more chances offensively, but he's not at his best offensively.
An upgrade on Azira HAS to be next summer's top priority for Garde. Taïder with his IQ is made to be a regista, but we need that threw-ball distributor for our 3 forwards.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
How hard can it be for both Garde and Taïder to convince Benzia to come here?

Apparently he wants to go to the MLS or China. It's not going very well for him in Turkey right now. He's someone we could build around.

Yassine Benzia - Player Profile 18/19

Can't even sign Fanni and you want Benzia? He sucks, he's been overrated all his life, injury prone, very weak mentally which is the most important aspect. However, he's very technical and got good dribbling skills. 416 should get him. He would be a good VV replacement.

Did Marco play last night for Philly? Did they test the 442 with Novillo and Urruti up front?

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
They should give Mathieu more minutes at Azira/Krolicki's spot, he could ad something more going forward. Playing him on the wing instead of David is pure nonsense, imo.

Reactions: Dominator13

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Rumors linking Diego Forlan to CPL with Winnipeg.

I wouldnt mind a few signings like this to help foment curiosity.
Landon Donovan and DeRo are playing arena soccer right now...

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Can't even sign Fanni and you want Benzia? He sucks, he's been overrated all his life, injury prone, very weak mentally which is the most important aspect. However, he's very technical and got good dribbling skills. 416 should get him. He would be a good VV replacement.

Did Marco play last night for Philly? Did they test the 442 with Novillo and Urruti up front?

Ya the new DP was playing for Philly, didn't do much honestly. And no it was a 433.

M. Choinière (Bayiha) - Urruti (Jackson) - Novillo (D. Choinière)

Taïder (Shome) - Piette - Azira (Krolicki)

Lovitz - Diallo - Cabrera - Sagna (Brault-Guillard)

Diop

I really liked Jones for Philly, he came in late in front of the defense but he changed the game completely. Accam was a constant menace as well with his speed. The Union has apparently 7 forwards that are fighting for a spot, fingers crossed they decide to trade Burke, as he would be a perfect add for IMFC: Cheap, great target man for headers/holding up the ball, has proven he can score. I believe he also has a green card.

FYI, next game is Wednesday vs. Tampa @ 7PM and then next Saturday vs. DC United @ 7PM.

Also, weird fun fact, the Rowdies also have a ghanean midfielder called Dominic Oduro

18 - Dominic Oduro

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Ya the new DP was playing for Philly, didn't do much honestly. And no it was a 433.

M. Choinière (Bayiha) - Urruti (Jackson) - Novillo (D. Choinière)

Taïder (Shome) - Piette - Azira (Krolicki)

Lovitz - Diallo - Cabrera - Sagna (Brault-Guillard)

Diop

I really liked Jones for Philly, he came in late in front of the defense but he changed the game completely. Accam was a constant menace as well with his speed. The Union has apparently 7 forwards that are fighting for a spot, fingers crossed they decide to trade Burke, as he would be a perfect add for IMFC: Cheap, great target man for headers/holding up the ball, has proven he can score. I believe he also has a green card.

FYI, next game is Wednesday vs. Tampa @ 7PM and then next Saturday vs. DC United @ 7PM.

Also, weird fun fact, the Rowdies also have a ghanean midfielder called Dominic Oduro

18 - Dominic Oduro

Yeah there is a second Dominic Oduro lol. It creates so much confusion every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad