Impact Thread: Pride Of Canada... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I thought Urruti was pretty good in Dallas. I wish him the best in Montreal. I'm sure he'll love the city.
Hopefully they use him well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought Urruti was pretty good in Dallas. I wish him the best in Montreal. Hopefully they use him well.

I have no worries for this guy. I get the sense people are not convinced with him (maybe I'm reading it wrong). I think he will fit right in.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I have no worries for this guy. I get the sense people are not convinced with him (maybe I'm reading it wrong). I think he will fit right in.

For me, there's a potential problem in how badly IMFC played last season when they were playing with a false 9 (Vargas and Nacho). I think Urruti has good movement, but IMFC will have to be more intelligent with the ball. I think theyd need to add a creative midfielder instead of Azira/Krolicki to make it work. As much as I like the qualities Azira offers, he's just not that kind of player, imo.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
For me, there's a potential problem in how badly IMFC played last season when they were playing with a false 9 (Vargas and Nacho). I think Urruti has good movement, but IMFC will have to be more intelligent with the ball. I think theyd need to add a creative midfielder instead of Azira/Krolicki to make it work. As much as I like the qualities Azira offers, he's just not that kind of player, imo.

Remi asked the same to Amarikwa, AJH and Mancosu in the 4-3-3 though, except they couldn't score to save their lives and Mancosu and AJH couldn't do shit with the ball...Amarikwa at least could hold it and win some duels.

Urruti is way more efficient than those three. The only problem with Urruti is that he's not necessarily a great presence in the box and hasn't shown consistency in scoring. Although he can finish and has a great strike from distance, the Impact is missing that ability to finish in the box when the ball is centered from the flanks. Team is still kinda weak down the middle, so if we have a hard time penetrating the core of the D, other teams can take advantage of us and just clog the middle. That's always been the issue with the Impact, keeping possession and creating down the middle.

And I agree, we absolutely need a maestro type of #8 or #10. Urruti being capable of finishing and actually attracting defenders towards him will most likely improve things at least. Novillo is also more of a striker than playmaker, so he might benefit if he secures the starting job.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Apparently Vargas and AJH might go, so that will liberate some cap salary and TAM. So that's something at least...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He might not be the ideal striker but Urruti is athletic and he can make plays, that's already a massive improvement. Who knows, he might find an additional step in his game in Montreal, he's 27 so there's still some potential room to grow.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Expected? Not really. But having that slot available gives me a sense of hope of someone who can have a bigger impact on the team can be brought in, however delusional that hope is.
Not delusional at all, if they didnt have plans or intentions of bringing a new DP they would have given Urruti the 3rd spot rather than wasting more than half a million of TAM money. They are waiting for the summer to see how well or bad the team plays so they consider adding a new designated player. Some people confuse not having money with spending money carefully, its not the same at all, with this team the latter applies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Dario Benedetto is set to join LA Galaxy from Boca. He will reunite with GBS.

He had a torn ACL last year which slowed him down. Safe to say he is not going to score another hattrick against us.

.MLS is slowly getting Argentine national team players.

For the Bayern watchers/new Watchers what are the chances of seeing Davies play today ? I dont feel like wasting MBs and possibly GBs for nothing.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Not delusional at all, if they didnt have plans or intentions of bringing a new DP they would have given Urruti the 3rd spot rather than wasting more than half a million of TAM money. They are waiting for the summer to see how well or bad the team plays so they consider adding a new designated player. Some people confuse not having money with spending money carefully, its not the same at all, with this team the latter applies.

I love your positivity and sincerely hope you are right.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
About Amar Sejdic

I don’t know why, but I pictured him being 18-19. He’s actually turning 23 this year. I think he may definitely be battling for some playtime from the start

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Dario Benedetto is set to join LA Galaxy from Boca. He will reunite with GBS.

He had a torn ACL last year which slowed him down. Safe to say he is not going to score another hattrick against us.

.MLS is slowly getting Argentine national team players.

For the Bayern watchers/new Watchers what are the chances of seeing Davies play today ? I dont feel like wasting MBs and possibly GBs for nothing.

Benedetto is probably the best striker in all the Americas (Read here, playing in the Americas, not from the Americas). I struggle to see how LA will be able to bring him in as a non-DP. Unless Garber creates a 4th/5th slot for them once again...

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
About Amar Sejdic

I don’t know why, but I pictured him being 18-19. He’s actually turning 23 this year. I think he may definitely be battling for some playtime from the start

It's the problem i keep pointing out about the NCAA players, they're too poorly developed positionally for their advanced age.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Remi asked the same to Amarikwa, AJH and Mancosu in the 4-3-3 though, except they couldn't score to save their lives and Mancosu and AJH couldn't do **** with the ball...Amarikwa at least could hold it and win some duels.

Urruti is way more efficient than those three. The only problem with Urruti is that he's not necessarily a great presence in the box and hasn't shown consistency in scoring. Although he can finish and has a great strike from distance, the Impact is missing that ability to finish in the box when the ball is centered from the flanks. Team is still kinda weak down the middle, so if we have a hard time penetrating the core of the D, other teams can take advantage of us and just clog the middle. That's always been the issue with the Impact, keeping possession and creating down the middle.

And I agree, we absolutely need a maestro type of #8 or #10. Urruti being capable of finishing and actually attracting defenders towards him will most likely improve things at least. Novillo is also more of a striker than playmaker, so he might benefit if he secures the starting job.

I agree with what you're saying except the part where you say Remi had AJH, Mancosu and Amarikwa play as a false 9. I really dont see it. Maybe Amarikwa a little but its more because of his limited capacities instead of his qualties, the guy shouldnt even be a forward.

What you're talking about is the basis for opening space, but when we played Nacho as a false 9, he was attracting D's, but then he's making space for who or what? there was no real purpose and no penetration by anyone excpet Taider sometimes. You'll need more than that.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Btw, just a heads up, Davies will most likely get his first minutes this afternoon against Hoffenheim. Both Robben and Ribéry are injured so it makes it most likely. Anyone with Sportsnet can watch it on TV apparently. Kickoff round 2:30 PM.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Btw, just a heads up, Davies will most likely get his first minutes this afternoon against Hoffenheim. Both Robben and Ribéry are injured so it makes it most likely. Anyone with Sportsnet can watch it on TV apparently. Kickoff round 2:30 PM.

Can’t wait to follow that match on one my numerous apps.

With Robbery out, there are chances.

But Hoffenhein is upper-middle of the pack and Bayern still has chances at winning the league (trailing 6pts behind Dortmund). Plus, it’s an away game. So a lot at stake, Bayern will most probably play defensively.

I still predict Davies going in after 70 mins played

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Benedetto is probably the best striker in all the Americas (Read here, playing in the Americas, not from the Americas). I struggle to see how LA will be able to bring him in as a non-DP. Unless Garber creates a 4th/5th slot for them once again...

You take Benedetto over Gignac?

He's the best striker out of South America for sure and most likely just behind Gignac (imo) if you include Mexico but I don't see how he could be better than Martinez, Ibra, Rooney, Giovinco even BWP. He's in the same level as DQ, Jozy, Ruidiaz.

I'm sure they can arrange a TAM-level for a year and DP for next year when one of their DP leave. He had a lot of succcess under GBS and that alone can motivate him for taking less money.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I agree with what you're saying except the part where you say Remi had AJH, Mancosu and Amarikwa play as a false 9. I really dont see it. Maybe Amarikwa a little but its more because of his limited capacities instead of his qualties, the guy shouldnt even be a forward.

What you're talking about is the basis for opening space, but when we played Nacho as a false 9, he was attracting D's, but then he's making space for who or what? there was no real purpose and no penetration by anyone excpet Taider sometimes. You'll need more than that.

No I disagree with you, our CFs were definitely asked to play further back. Even if Mancosu and AJH like to play more deep, that's what they had to do last season. That's what Garde meant when he said he appreciated Mancosu's sacrifice and how he reminded him of Cavani when asked about what he thinks about him. There's a difference between what they were asked to do and the type of players they are. They didn't go out to get Amarikwa and Urruti randomly...that's the type of contribution away from the ball they were looking for. Urruti is able to give you that and also bring offense, so he is a fit. It's the same idea of last year, except we have a more talented player upfront.

And you can't really use Nacho as an example of how the false 9 failed us since a)The sample size is too small b)Of course it wasn't effective...Without Nacho on the flanks it's useless C)We played half the year in a formation that asks for the CF to play that role and we almost made the playoffs while having 3 CFs who scored a grand total of 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad