Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
For those who dont understand Spanish i'm paraphrasing few quotes from the Nacho interview:

On a future departure from IMFC: "I want to win MLS cup before coming back to Argentina. The team still has an option but if all goes well I should be back in 2020."

Why hasnt IMFC had more success?
"After the 2015 CCL, the team was taken apart. Let's hope we can put together a good team this year."

On Urruti: "I've met him in Buenos Aires. He wanted to ask me things about Montreal. I hope we can get together as a great attacking duo, and let's see which other reinforcements come."

What will it take this season?
"we have to start the season on a better note. We were missing points at the end of the season because of our bad start."

Last edited:

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Chris exhausted Duvall was useless for all I care. Glad we got something in return even if it's minimal plus it opens up some cap space.

Reactions: ShaMu

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I guess this means Sagna is the long-ish term RB. I actually liked Duvall as a depth option but I don't expect he'll be missed all that much.

They gotta pay Mr.Urruti. So they will get rid of every expensive bench options. Anyway 3Rd round isnt worth much at all. Would have been the same to just waive the guy. I still think it is fine to keep Sagna but with a rookie as his backup.

I'm confused, though. Last Sunday there was a mini-window for trades. So how come there was a trade today?

The mini trade was right after the final and right before the Expansion draft. After the Expansion draft, the window opened again for trades and free agents.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
@JunglePete must be happy with that 3rd round pick!

4428g.gif

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Lmao

Is Mallace still even in the MLS?

Did Diallo play a competitive game last season? If it doesn't work with him we're in deep trouble because Camacho is good 1 game and terrible 3 games.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Lmao

Is Mallace still even in the MLS?

Did Diallo play a competitive game last season? If it doesn't work with him we're in deep trouble because Camacho is good 1 game and terrible 3 games.

Mallace was playing for LAFC last season, I remember seeing news about him last week. I think they let him walk as a Free Agent

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
This signing makes no sense. IMFC had arguably the best goalkeeper coach in the whole league, and like you said, he was already 2nd in command.

Joey is "losing millions every year" but he still wants to hire people he doesnt need because they're Remi's friends? Let's see the resume of Vertcroute, i'm sure it'll explain everything: Lets' see... hmm, he's never been a goalie coach... but he's French! and he's been with OL! HIRED!

Personally, I could see Bats retiring in a few years and leaving Vercoutre, amongst other things, as a legacy of his passage in Montréal.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I guess this means Sagna is the long-ish term RB. I actually liked Duvall as a depth option but I don't expect he'll be missed all that much.

To me he's a dime a dozen player. What I liked the most about him was that he was a cheap NA player. I think it's a testimony to how much the league improved. Three years ago he was a starting level Right Back for the Red Bulls and now he's barely replacement level.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Personally, I could see Bats retiring in a few years and leaving Vercoutre, amongst other things, as a legacy of his passage in Montréal.

If you're right, it would make it a good investment.

I'd just like to see IMFC actually prepare these things in advance, have someone waiting in the wings to be promoted, say, from the academy, or from a reserve team(!). I'd like them to take their own institutions more seriously, basically. It would benefit the team and the community.

I'm anxious to see what Leduc's madate will really be like.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
To me he's a dime a dozen player. What I liked the most about him was that he was a cheap NA player. I think it's a testimony to how much the league improved. Three years ago he was a starting level Right Back for the Red Bulls and now he's barely replacement level.
I would also say that his fitness is below average. He can barely finish the games and pile up the starts. That was an issue since day 1 we got him and it remained that way.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Bats will most likely replace Flachez in the daily operations, but I believe he was already pretty involved in everything. He was way more than a goalie coach last season, so the promotion is not surprising at all. I don't think things will change with Vercoutre as goalie coach. Bats built something last year with his goalies and Vercoutre will most likely just follow the plan. He's also just removed from the game at a high level and can bring his own insight from a different perspective.

I just hope it doesn't clash with Bush, because Bats was a natural authority over him and now he has a guy who could replace him as his superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad