Rubin, RubioClub Tijuana (MEX)Youth USMNT
Sanvezzo, CamiloQueretaro (MEX)Transfer
Valencia, Jose AdolfoFeirense (POR)Transfer
Yedlin, DeAndreNewcastle United (ENG)Transfer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I like what Urruti has been doing in Dallas, but i'm not so sure how he'll fit here. If I go by what i saw last season, i'm not so sure of IMFC's ability to play with a false 9.

I dont think he's set to be the striker either, I hope not anyways. That Toro Fernandez guy looks more the part to me.

I'm glad for Crepeau, that's where I wanted him to land. He'll get a real shot in Vancouver with MDS.

Btw, Pity Martinez is a great signing for Atl United, I wasnt crazy about the Barco signing, but this is one I get behind. The fans love him at River Plate. Very good player, and still young too, i think he's like 23/24.

Reactions: HabsHater9000

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I like what Urruti has been doing in Dallas, but i'm not so sure how he'll fit here. If I go by what i saw last season, i'm not so sure of IMFC's ability to play with a false 9.

I dont think he's set to be the striker either, I hope not anyways. That Toro Fernandez guy looks more the part to me.

I'm glad for Crepeau, that's where I wanted him to land. He'll get a real shot in Vancouver with MDS.

Btw, Pity Martinez is a great signing for Atl United, I wasnt crazy about the Barco signing, but this is one I get behind. The fans love him at River Plate. Very good player, and still young too, i think he's like 23/24.

I agree. We got a guy who can score, but not a fit.

In a way, Urruti fits purely because he plays exactly like Remi was asking his CFs to play in his system, but he can actually contribute offensively and be a threat on the ball. However, it really does take a target man who's able to play with his back to the net and provide aerial support. Wether it is in the form of an indisputable starter or a guy who can come in when needed and start here and there. It's all about tactical flexibility and this is something the Impact simply don't have and should have.

If we add a guy like Fernandez, it opens so many options. However, Filosa recently reported they have about 2M in total to add that player. And I think Penarol is asking way over that for Fernandez. And I'm thinking part of that money is gone already to Urruti, so now Garde will have to open up space or sell players to increase his budget. Camacho's contract is not helping. We could also let Sagna walk, but they'd need to find a cheaper starting RB then, and Garde seems to love the Sagna/Fanni duo anyway.

Maybe they just look for a #8 and go with the same idea as last year. The problem is, with Urruti, I don't see our ability to attack the middle going from weakness to strength, and we can be easy to counter for teams who clog up in the middle (like ATL did against Portland).

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Things could be so much easier by signing Kamara.
i7OY8TH.png

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
"J'ai aucune idée de ce qui est arrivé sur ce but, Piette à placé une longue balle, elle amortie ensuite sur le ventre d'Akinfenwa et il fait une passe a Silva qui s'échappe tout seul avec Nacho devant la cage de Toronto."

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Looks like they're after one of those players

Anangono, JuanLDU Quito (ECU)Transfer
Cameron, GeoffQueens Park Rangers (ENG)Transfer
Castillo, FabianClub Tijuana (MEX)Transfer
Flores, JuniorBorussia Dortmund (GER)Youth USMNT
Gonzalez, GiancarloBologna (ITA)Transfer
Gonzalez, OmarAtlas (MEX)Transfer
Green, JulianGreuther Furth (GER)Youth USMNT
Johannsson, AronWerder Bremen (GER)Core Senior USMNT
Johnson, FabianBorussia Monchengladbach (GER)Core Senior USMNT
Martins, ObafemiShanghai Greenland Shenhua (CHN)Transfer
Miazga, MattFC Nantes (FRA)Transfer
Najar, AndyAnderlecht (BEL)Transfer
Poku, KwadwoTampa Bay Rowdies (USL)Transfer
Pulisic, ChristianBorussia Dortmund (GER)Youth USMNT
Ream, TimFulham (ENG)Transfer
Rivero, OctavioAtlas (MEX)Transfer
Rochat, AlainLausanne-Sport (SWI)Transfer
Rubin, RubioClub Tijuana (MEX)Youth USMNT
Sanvezzo, CamiloQueretaro (MEX)Transfer
Valencia, Jose AdolfoFeirense (POR)Transfer
Yedlin, DeAndreNewcastle United (ENG)Transfer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

They'll go after a CB or CF.

We could use Rivero or Obafemi.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

This journalist from Bologna was on Marinaro's show just a while ago.

Saputo is taking a lot of heat in Bologna who's in relegation zone. Ultras placed banners outside the stadium calling for management's head, including Di Vaio. Says the problem is that Saputo delegated too much and has no clue what's going on over there. He recently had a press release promising that he'd spend more, probably bad news for us. Apparently, the fan base is not mad because of the lack of investment, but the lack of leadership from Saputo.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
To me it's crazy that they sold their best player and their once promising #9 has been benched for almost 2 years and they went out and got jabronis to replace them.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Does that guy know that our second goalie next season is probably Jason Beaulieu? :laugh:

Is Diop coming back anyway?

Trading away Bush would relieve us from some money though

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
That guy is clearly talking out of his ass. No way IMFC would have traded Crépeau if they planned to trade Bush.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Does that guy know that our second goalie next season is probably Jason Beaulieu? :laugh:

Is Diop coming back anyway?

Trading away Bush would relieve us from some money though

Yeah, not likely. Although we've made those types of deals the last two expansion years. So maybe something's coming.

By the way, Urruti doesn't seem too keen to come here. He's in Argentina right now, but no follow back or mention of the Impact on instagram despite being active.
LVK4nbr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad