OT: Impact Montreal Thread: "Carré rouge" frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Didn't watch the game but noticed a red card

:o
What was the reason for changing the foul to a RED? It did not look like endangerment or excessive force, coimpared to all the other tackles people do.

Was it DOGSO? The guy was past Binks with the ball, last line of defence, and got clipped?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
What was the reason for changing the foul to a RED? It did not look like endangerment or excessive force, coimpared to all the other tackles people do.

Was it DOGSO? The guy was past Binks with the ball, last line of defence, and got clipped?

Yes dogso

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He is part of the problem.

Cannot keep his cool. Strange decisions. No leadership.

I would like him to rotate the squad a lot more, but it's tough to criticize since the team always trails and the bench is rather thin.

He needs to get part of the blame, but would Pep Guardiola really carry this team to playoffs? I'm not sure.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I would like him to rotate the squad a lot more, but it's tough to criticize since the team always trails and the bench is rather thin.

He needs to get part of the blame, but would Pep Guardiola really carry this team to playoffs? I'm not sure.

No more Barca scum, please :laugh:

Zidane would make Piette score 10 goals a month ;)

Kidding aside, Henry is not THE biggest problem, but he is definitely part of it. Can he grow as a manager? Hopefully for him. Will Saputo have the patience to let him grow into his role? We all know that answer.

i'm willing to give Henry and Renard a pass until we get rid of all the dead weight that we're carrying (Camacho, Bush, Urruti, Bojan)

I agree. As much as I dislike Henry as a manager, he came into a shitty situation. Him and Renard need time to rebuild.

Reactions: QuebecPride

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
i'm willing to give Henry and Renard a pass until we get rid of all the dead weight that we're carrying (Camacho, Bush, Urruti, Bojan)

Exactly. I think Renard extended almost everybody during winter transfer to give them a fair look. After this season, I expect Renard to get rid of many players and bring in his type of players.

Is Wanyama the only "Henry" recruit we have thus far?

Binks, Waerman, Quioto, Saba, Maciel, Yao, Gilraldo, Kizza are the only real recruits of this new regime.

Reactions: Michelangelo

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Binks was already on a yellow

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Exactly. I think Renard extended almost everybody during winter transfer to give them a fair look. After this season, I expect Renard to get rid of many players and bring in his type of players.

Is Wanyama the only "Henry" recruit we have thus far?

Binks, Waerman, Quioto, Saba, Maciel, Yao, Gilraldo, Kizza are the only real recruits of this new regime.

Yao was signed last year (June 4th 2019)

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
So we go on a 4 game losing streak where we don’t score, get scored on a bunch and get red carded everytime and the backup keeper gets the boot?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Agreed, but they changed it upon video review to a straight Red. My question was: did anyone know why?
I didn't catch that, I was too busy laughing my ass off lol

They probably judged the red bull player had a full look at the net wasn't it for Binksy's foul.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Have they ever made a selection in the 3rd round? But like others have said we'll take it just for the cap dump

Krolicki I think? Salazar? Porter was in the supplemental draft, so that's even deeper IIRC.

I'm sure there were other picks, but the Impact usually doesn't care about the Superdraft. Besides the 1st rounders (Wenger, Blake Smith, Depuy, etc.) most of the picks were pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad