OT: Impact Montreal Thread: "Carré rouge" frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You guys knew that the game was early!?

I didn't. I opened up the TV to notice that the game was halfway done.

Feels like I didn't miss much anyway

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They've been playing decently, but were under siege the last 10 minutes of the first half, and they paid for it.

Orji left around the 25th with what seemed a hamstring injury.

And Bou makes it 2-0.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
And now again? :laugh:
tenor.gif

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Bleh.... ZBG only guy worth rostering next year....rest is terribad

Binks, Wanyama

Piette has been playing better overall but he's not the best at his position right now
Orji has his moments
Quioto was MVP until his red card
Maciel has his moments

Everyone else can gtfo

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Thats what they get for a hiring a celebrity posing as coach. Hollywood has no business managing a team, a somewhat competent manager would know how to bring out the best in average players. No need for Allegri or an Ancelotti.

I understand why Tottenham let Binks go for free, he has a major flaw that modern CBs need, he lacks pace. Decent but nothing special, a poor man's Harry Maguire.

For the remaining 10 games, I will be surprised if Montreal wins more than 3 games if they keep playing like that. Forget about the playoffs.

speaking of managers Frank de Boer is Holland new manager

from Atlanta to Holland.. props
his first game?
next month vs Mexico's Tata Martino, how ironic

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
f*** Camacho

Single handily killed our season

Never want to see this bum in a IMFC uni ever

In many aspects too... His overpaid contract, his boneheaded plays, etc...

The only positive takeaway from yesterday is that the roster was quite young. Nice to see Yao and Sejdic get minutes. I'll accept honest mistakes like Yao's on Fagundez's goal a lot more often than a punch or an elbow to the face like Camacho and Romell did. He wanted to repair Wanyama's mistake but then he created a hole on the right side of the defense. He'll learn. It's nice to have a big lad for headers for once.

As Fred Lord said, it sucks that Ballou and Choinière are hurt, because the team could surely use fresh legs and they could use the minutes to grow as players.

Again a beautiful setup by Maciel for Lassi. Without Taider, this team is clearly not the same. He has his defaults, but he's still this team's best player by far. Bojan's play is better, but not deserving of an extension.

Raitala is getting beaten every game now both physically, speed-wise and on headers. He's also a subject for change in the off-season in my book.

Am I the only one here who would give a start in the coming weeks to Bush? Not that Diop has been awful, but he deserves a start imo.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
In many aspects too... His overpaid contract, his boneheaded plays, etc...

The only positive takeaway from yesterday is that the roster was quite young. Nice to see Yao and Sejdic get minutes. I'll accept honest mistakes like Yao's on Fagundez's goal a lot more often than a punch or an elbow to the face like Camacho and Romell did. He wanted to repair Wanyama's mistake but then he created a hole on the right side of the defense. He'll learn. It's nice to have a big lad for headers for once.

As Fred Lord said, it sucks that Ballou and Choinière are hurt, because the team could surely use fresh legs and they could use the minutes to grow as players.

Again a beautiful setup by Maciel for Lassi. Without Taider, this team is clearly not the same. He has his defaults, but he's still this team's best player by far. Bojan's play is better, but not deserving of an extension.

Raitala is getting beaten every game now both physically, speed-wise and on headers. He's also a subject for change in the off-season in my book.

Am I the only one here who would give a start in the coming weeks to Bush? Not that Diop has been awful, but he deserves a start imo.

I'm a bit puzzled with how Henry handle things. With Garde, the Academy players got plentiful of starts or play-in. With Henry, nobody gets time. I would like to see Bahiya get some time but he never gets on. Choinière has been hurt forever WTF.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm a bit puzzled with how Henry handle things. With Garde, the Academy players got plentiful of starts or play-in. With Henry, nobody gets time. I would like to see Bahiya get some time but he never gets on. Choinière has been hurt forever WTF.
Henry does seem to have a pretty short list of guys he's comfortable sending out there. Not that there's an embarrassment of riches at his disposal , mind you.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Not at all.
Full stop. Without Diop, New england would've scored 7.

I said it and will say it again till Piette is a starter, Impact will never make the playoffs, doesn't matter if 7 teams or 10 teams get in. Not the biggest problem but Never a solution. He offers nothing. Just rotate the squad.

Same reasons why MDS got trashed 0-6 last night (refused to start Montero again) and Almeyda at SJ sticking with his old Chivas and River buddies from his playing days, they all refuse to adapt. They get whooped so badly that casual watchers will think it's a baseball game looking at the score and Mtl is up next.

Me speculating but I don't think Taider is injured at all, because if he were 'injured' in Philly Henry wouldve taken him out at HT when the game was over. I think he's in Montreal. Nothing wrong, family comes first.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not at all.
Full stop. Without Diop, New england would've scored 7.

I said it and will say it again till Piette is a starter, Impact will never make the playoffs, doesn't matter if 7 teams or 10 teams get in. Not the biggest problem but Never a solution. He offers nothing. Just rotate the squad.

Same reasons why MDS got trashed 0-6 last night (refused to start Montero again) and Almeyda at SJ sticking with his old Chivas and River buddies from his playing days, they all refuse to adapt. They get whooped so badly that casual watchers will think it's a baseball game looking at the score and Mtl is up next.

Me speculating but I don't think Taider is injured at all, because if he were 'injured' in Philly Henry wouldve taken him out at HT when the game was over. I think he's in Montreal. Nothing wrong, family comes first.
TVA reported that Taider got hurt in practice Tuesday

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Bad game, but at least Yao looks like he has some promise to his game. His decision-making was off at times but it's something at least that he can learn and develop with time. There's just a lot of dead weight on this team. A guy like Raitala brings nothing. He's not big, not strong, not particular good at reading the game, not fast and doesn't bring much going forward.

I'm also a little concerned about the lack of transfer news or even rumors. I get that the team doesn't have that much money to throw around, but there are a ton of contracts ending this year and none of them are slam dunk options as re-sign targets. There are also a lot of important players with expiring contracts.

Bojan is for sure gone because he'd be an awful DP, Fanni is gone, I'd imagine Lassi is gone, Okwonkwo should have his option exercised, Urruti is gone, and Quioto I would imagine would stick around, but it will depend on discipline for the rest of the year. He doesn't have a great history in that regard.

A lot of the depth guys can be signed for cheap, but I would have thought there would have been some moves/news to prepare the starting 11 for next year. Not sure we'd be able to fill all of the open spots with impact players even with the shedded salary in one transfer window.

Reactions: ArtPeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille