OT: Impact Montreal Thread: "Carré rouge" frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Bad game, but at least Yao looks like he has some promise to his game. His decision-making was off at times but it's something at least that he can learn and develop with time. There's just a lot of dead weight on this team. A guy like Raitala brings nothing. He's not big, not strong, not particular good at reading the game, not fast and doesn't bring much going forward.

I'm also a little concerned about the lack of transfer news or even rumors. I get that the team doesn't have that much money to throw around, but there are a ton of contracts ending this year and none of them are slam dunk options as re-sign targets. There are also a lot of important players with expiring contracts.

Bojan is for sure gone because he'd be an awful DP, Fanni is gone, I'd imagine Lassi is gone, Okwonkwo should have his option exercised, Urruti is gone, and Quioto I would imagine would stick around, but it will depend on discipline for the rest of the year. He doesn't have a great history in that regard.

A lot of the depth guys can be signed for cheap, but I would have thought there would have been some moves/news to prepare the starting 11 for next year. Not sure we'd be able to fill all of the open spots with impact players even with the shedded salary in one transfer window.

Summer is usually the big time for transfers, but with Covid it was pretty quiet. The impact doesn't have much room on the cap apparently so that's why you don't see many moves. The media keeps saying that's the reason. We don't have any proof unfortunately. I wish there was a capfriendly equivalent for MLS, the player salaries are revealed once or twice a year, but they're not exact either and they don't tell us how much TAM/GAM was used for each player.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
4 losses in a row.
1511295459-henrynouvelle-zanetti.png

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Another player with resale value would be nice, but it won’t matter if we sell him to Bologna for nothing. Have to branch out that side of the soccer business as well.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Another player with resale value would be nice, but it won’t matter if we sell him to Bologna for nothing. Have to branch out that side of the soccer business as well.

MLS always get a part of the sale so that sucks when we expect to make big bucks

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Drogba was a very fun ride, especially when he first came here. His second year was a lot less eventful.

But it's so nice to see that stadium full.

Oh it was eventful as well, just not in a good way :laugh:

He tried to go coach Chelsea instead of respecting his MLS contract. Came in really late into the season and started working out in Phoenix because it was more dry.

Then he was not producing as much, and Biello made the ballsy move to put him on the bench of Mancosu who came in hot from Italia.

His last game in Montreal during the playoffs, he only played 10 minutes in the Stade Olympique and they didn't do anything during the game to celebrate his stay in MTL. They gave him a portrait after the game when everybody was gone.

It was a roller coaster from the beginning to the end, but it was a hell of a ride.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The game is in a few hours. How interested are you on a scale of 1 to 10? Is it lower than 1?

:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad