OT: Impact Montreal Thread: "Carré rouge" frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
CCL confirmed for a return December 15-22. Team is also staying in New Jersey this week to "train" for the game against DC. I guess I prefer that to having them become complacent at home and itching for a long-term return.

Going to be rough though. Even if they botch the game on Sunday, they might not be able to get back home. They'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks and then again before their CCL game. Leaving wouldn't give them much time to practice/keep in shape so they're probably looking at staying in the states until the end of the year. Not ideal.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Am I the only one that thinks that in a non-covid context, that we would manage to pull off at least a draw or a win had we played yesterday's game at home in front of fans? I understand that they should be producing results no matter the situation but I do think a Stade Saputo game with our crowd would have lifted this team on numerous occasions this year (and we would be in 4th or 5th position instead of 9th). This season is a write off given the pandemic and is a season to really evaluate our roster. Especially since Renard brought back the majority of our players from last year to have a closer look at them. I do not want to restart next year with a new coach. I do want to see more moves by Renard which he will do in the offseason.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
CCL confirmed for a return December 15-22. Team is also staying in New Jersey this week to "train" for the game against DC. I guess I prefer that to having them become complacent at home and itching for a long-term return.

Going to be rough though. Even if they botch the game on Sunday, they might not be able to get back home. They'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks and then again before their CCL game. Leaving wouldn't give them much time to practice/keep in shape so they're probably looking at staying in the states until the end of the year. Not ideal.

May never happen but if I am Henry, I send half of the squad back to Montreal tomorrow and play my B squad against DC United. They could manage an upset, so even if they qualify for playoffs they start November 20 so at least the tired ones would have spent some time at home with their family. You also wanna start the CL in good spirits because you are trailing by an away goal.
A lineup as such vs DC united

Bojan-Toye-Shome
Sejdic
Maciel-Saba
Kizza?-Waterman-Fanni-Bayia
Pantemis

Bench ; Orji, Giraldo, Ballou, Corrales, Yao

This team can beat DC United. Its a win win even if they lose.

Send Quioto, Wanyama, Diop, ZBG, Binks, Raitala and more back to MTL. They are too tired and it shows on the field, they all got VERY bad. If he plays them against DC united, DC will win easy. But once again chances are next to none because who is coaching.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Henry said it last time they shouldn't have gone back to Montreal because having to go through the quarantine phase prevents them from getting practices in.

It makes sense they decided to stay in the States and get to train more consistently to prepare for their final match.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I hope Sejdic and Waterman were on the bench simply for rotation purposes. These are the only players that showed progress this season and are projected to be with the club for the coming years (lots can change in soccer I know).

What they are doing now isnt working. Play your kids who should be here next season.

—Quioto—Toye—
———Bojan———
Maciel——Sejdic
—--Wanyama——
Raitala-Binks-Waterman-ZBG

Pantemis/Diop

Piette sub in early if we are in the lead. Urruti, Balou for change in offensive dynamic.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I hope Sejdic and Waterman were on the bench simply for rotation purposes. These are the only players that showed progress this season and are projected to be with the club for the coming years (lots can change in soccer I know).

What they are doing now isnt working. Play your kids who should be here next season.

—Quioto—Toye—
———Bojan———
Maciel——Sejdic
—--Wanyama——
Raitala-Binks-Waterman-ZBG

Pantemis/Diop

Piette sub in early if we are in the lead. Urruti, Balou for change in offensive dynamic.
Yup, that's my 11 as well. This is about as good as we can do right now.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#MyIMFCMood

upload_2020-11-3_16-44-28.png

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Even if we do not sign him, it's good news that we are looking for Corrales' replacement.

I have known about Asamoah since he was apart of Udinese golden generation 10 years ago with Alexis Sanchez, Cuardrado, Di Natale, Zapata, Handanovic and more when I was following actively Serie A. While there, he was a DM/CM then he moved to Juventus where he was used as a plug at LB because they had no one else.

All this to say, if he comes here, he will be Wanyama's replacement not Corrales', me thinks. Probably because you can get Asamoah at 1.5m TAM money rather than a DP Spot Wanyama at 3m. There is no question that Victor is the better player in 2020 but Asamoah is much more mobile with better legs.

Reactions: JtotheC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad