OT: Impact Montreal Thread: "Carré rouge" frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I am thinking there's an expansion draft next month, do we have even 11 worth protecting? Homegrown players are exempt not sure about Toye (Genaration Adidas) but in this team I only see as worth protecting the following

Diop
Zbg
Raitala
Waterman
Sejdic
Wanyama
Quioto

This team will most likely add (who aren't worth much to Austin) :

Binks (if he returns to MLS next season)
Maciel (good player but should play more or else it's almost a waste)
Piette(of course)
Kizza (No one knows who he is for now)

100% sure that Shamit won't be returning. We could lose him or Saba in the Expansion Draft. Not the end of the world.

As for tonight's game, I respect Orlando, they didn't change their roster, just added a Good GK and a great coach. Shows that you don't have to cleanup your roster yearly with the right staff behind it. Mueller and Dike are fun to watch. I hope we follow their model; focus on the youth (draft + homegrown) with an experienced DP to lead.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We're in control but very little happening in the final third. Sounds familiar I guess.
Maciel provides decent support. Quioto seems to be playing for the center, but Corrales is having a hard time combining with his mids. I think they will figure it out, Orlando is giving tons of space.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
An AM that can really open up the middle would sure be nice.
A player that can combine with Bojan and the rest of the team can just learn from would be great. That's why I'm for keeping Bojan, he plays the way Henry wants the team to play.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It's not that complicated some times. I've been saying this for months. Montreal is constantly outnumbered at both ends of the field. The attacking players for whatever reason do not come back enough to help out the defense, and the midfielders don't move far up enough the field to help the attack.

Look at how many players opposing teams attack with. Every time it's anywhere from 4-8 and it's usually the middle of the field. With Montreal, it's usually 1 or 2 players on the perimeter with no support except for on the other side of the field. This is what happens when you have two defensive minded midfielders (Potato and Wanyama) and Maciel who I think he's still too young to really know what player he's going to be.

There is ZERO cohesion between the players including between Quioto and Bojan. It's a bunch of individuals rather than a team.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Corrales with weak ass crosses all half. I don’t know why we attack so much from the left side.

And why does Diop not attempt a save?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad