I'm Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part VIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Dreger's trying to explain the lost salary protection thing, but I'm not getting it, can someone explain it to me like I'm 5?

This is how I understand it. Could be wrong.

With an immediate 50% split the players would be collecting their current contracts (based on 57%) all year and then have to give back 7% at the end via escrow. So essentially a 12% salary cut.

The NHL is saying they will pay those lost $ back to players over a period of years. Rather than letting them just keep 57% for this season.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One thing I want to see in the new CBA is protection that this garbage doesn't happen again. Something where they can agree to a 1 year additional deal while they work on the new CBA. No more lockouts, for crying out loud. I don't know if that provision can be made, but it'd be nice. Learn from mistakes, don't repeat them.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Will be interesting to see if the PA is feeling like they're being forced into a corner with such huge movement from the NHL-I don't think they were expecting it-I think their bluff is being called.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Finally a reasonable offer, maybe. But I bet that one side is going to get greedy and try to tip the scales past 50/50.

Sep 19, 2008
The lockout is gonna end very soon! There'll be hockey!

Even if NHLPA doesn't accept this deal which is similarly structured to the NHLPA's first offer, this is a huge step in a positive direction

I get this sense that there will be hockey this season, get it done!

KingKopitar11*

What is Fehr saying how does it look. Updates. I'm in class. Thanks

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Sounds like a fair deal. Get together tonight and finalize the details. Act like a professional organization for once.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Interesting that the proposal was based on a full 82 game season, puts pressure on PA to come close. I dont know how bad it will be though if the early November start does not happen. Sounds like the deal falls apart then.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
One thing I want to see in the new CBA is protection that this garbage doesn't happen again. Something where they can agree to a 1 year additional deal while they work on the new CBA. No more lockouts, for crying out loud. I don't know if that provision can be made, but it'd be nice. Learn from mistakes, don't repeat them.

This is why I suggested the hiring or negotiators so that the union can have people working on a new deal as soon as possible. There's no reason why this deal shouldn't have been worked on while the players played.

Players don't check their e-mail during the season?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

The last CBA had the provission of extending the deal. The NHLPA twice extended it by a year but didn't agree to renegotiate until after the playoffs regardless

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
There will be an absolutely massive PR backlash if NHLPA rejects this proposal.

I'm fairly certain that players are going to put some serious pressure on Fehr & co, they don't want to miss the season.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
I hope there is a vote and the players accept this deal(or at least make a very similar counter-offer).....would look bad on them if they didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad