Confirmed with Link: Ilya Sorokin Signed

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My guy!!! f***ing yes!!! Since we drafted him I’ve been crazy for this kid.

hopefully he can get over here soon and get used to life in the US and start getting to know the team.

I hope Varly has a spare bedroom!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
After years of foreplay, it's damn nice to finally get a release. Too bad we're one pump chumps, but I'll take it.

I would also like to give a double middle finger salute to all the haters... f*** you, f*** you, and f*** you! Ari Gold style bitches!
RealWelloffFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
amazing news- cannot wait to see this kid in action. never have i anticipated training camp...for the next season...so much! i pray we get a decent deal done and he tends goal here for the next 10 years

Reactions: Quicklime

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Can you imagine if the Isles (unfortunately) lose in the play-in round BUT win the NHL Draft Lottery?

The look on Bill Daly's face, when he opened the card with the Isles logo on it, would be priceless, lol.

Since Daly doesn't really have any hair on the top of his head to lose, I assume his eyebrows would instantaneously peel off.

And then if Lafreiere and Sorokin split the Calder trophy next year and Daly realizes...If he just let us use our “ringer” vs the Panthers none of this would’ve happened.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Since the team hasn't said anything yet, think they're getting the ELC registered, will sign the 2020-21 (and 2021-22?) contract and THEN announce??

It's the only reason I can think of that the Islanders haven't said a word.

Reactions: PWJunior

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I'm looking at his stats again and good lord this guy was a monster. Every season in his 5 year career with CSKA, he posted under 2.00 GAA. That is disgustingly good. Obviously the KHL has less skilled players, but these numbers are unheard of.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Since the team hasn't said anything yet, think they're getting the ELC registered, will sign the 2020-21 (and 2021-22?) contract and THEN announce??

It's the only reason I can think of that the Islanders haven't said a word.

Was just going to say the same thing

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
So we're giving him 925k for nothing, basically a signing bonus for his next contract, with one less year before UFA.

And we're thrilled. Life in Islanders Country.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Snow tested, Lamoriello approved.

Someone get the guy a Bud Light.
I said this earlier on Twitter. Snow may have not always been very good at his job, but Lou wouldn’t have been able to sign him without Snow drafting him. How fitting that our Ex goalie turned GM drafted us our franchise goalie lol caps off to Garth and Lou for getting him here

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
The Varlamov over Lehner plan sees it's climax. This was the play all along. Love Lehner for what he did in '19, but this was Lou's master plan all along. Varly was brought in to be the Russian presence to ease Sorokin onto the team and to split time next season as Sorokin adjusts, and then hopefully by 21-22 Sorokin takes the reigns full time.

Happy that gamble by Lou paid off in the end. Huge day for the franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad