Confirmed with Link: Ilya Sorokin Signed

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Agreed. I was so pissed the other guys signed right away. Thought Lou was gonna mess up. So happy he came through. Still can’t believe we finally got him. What a wonderful day.

20-21 is gonna be a fun season. If the Isles stay healthy, they are a good team. Good down the middle, good defense and good defensive system, and good goaltending.

If Lou and company can find a sniper we would be dangerous.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Can you imagine if the Isles (unfortunately) lose in the play-in round BUT win the NHL Draft Lottery?

The look on Bill Daly's face, when he opened the card with the Isles logo on it, would be priceless, lol.

Since Daly doesn't really have any hair on the top of his head to lose, I assume his eyebrows would instantaneously peel off.

Reactions: PWJunior

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Never. He’s going to sign an offer sheet and Lou will forget to match.

I know this this was said jokingly but can someone clarify if he is offer sheet proof. I just saw on Cap friendly that he is ineligible to get an offer sheet since he does not have enough time accrued to be a group 2 RFA. If that is true, just another small piece of good news given our cap situation.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Per Staples article:

Sorokin is eligible to immediately sign a contract for 2020-21 and beyond, though there was no indication Monday that was ready to be announced soon after Dan Milstein, Sorokin’s agent, tweeted out the news that his client had signed for 2019-20. With the salary-cap crunch coming for the Islanders and Sorokin unable to play an NHL game before next season, the next contract is unlikely to be a bank-breaker, likely in the $2 million-to-$2.5 million-per-season range on a two- or three-year deal. Sorokin can become an unrestricted free agent in 2023.
But Sorokin is an Islander, at last. The Isles’ future No. 1 goalie just took his first step toward the NHL.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Hard to believe this is finally happening after 5+ years of hoping it would. Hope he lives up to the hype and thrilled we have the kind of coaching staff and team that can give him the best chance of doing so.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad