Waived: Ilya Samsonov - Recalled by the Leafs 1/10/24

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
No we have tons of LTIR room. Cap space won't matter anymore for us right now unless we make a trade.
Not sure myself. This is what I got from capfriendly.com just before post

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111-115228_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111-115228_Samsung Internet.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 2

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Are people sure this recall doesn't have more to do with Hildeby getting games and less about Samsonov being ready to play.
Don't believe Samsonov is ready, and why let him sit on the bench? If Jones lets in 4 goals in the first 6 shots, what can Keefe do? Or, god forbid that Jones has a "concussion protocol" moment.
Should let Hidleby play one of the b2b. This move makes no sense at all unless MLSE still follows their pre-season plan and Samsonov is still the #1 guy.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Not sure myself. This is what I got from capfriendly.com just before post
So we have $14.4m in LTIR and only using $13.6m so that gives us $800k, we're also carrying Reaves and Woll on IR, if they were to move their $1.1m to LTIR we would have $3m in room. If they are healthy then someone needs to be sent down. So say two $800k contracts in Holmberg and Laggesson, so we'd have $2.4m in total LTIR room with a 23 man roster. Only an issue if Klingberg or Murray need to be activated during the season, or we make a trade or waiver claim. There is no other way to exceed our LTIR poll right now.

1704992333410.png

Reactions: LeafalCrusader

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Samsonov doesn't need to go through waivers, unless he is on the roster for 10 games, or 30 days... so he can be sent back down again after Saturday's game, and Hildeby can be brought back up.
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't quite sure how that would work.

Part of it perhaps but they would have brought someone else up to backup (the tall Italian kid) and let Samsonov have more time.

Can't imagine the plan was ever to let him play for the Marlies.
Yes, they could have also done that.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Fair enough. I just don't wish to see Jones run ragged until Woll is ready to return and have that lead to injury or diminishing returns over the longer run for the team's current starter.
No chance we run him ragged his best years were when he played 65,65,60,62 per. Season. When they cutdown the number of games his stats got worse. Isn’t that how we interpet stats?

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
No chance we run him ragged his best years were when he played 65,65,60,62 per. Season. When they cutdown the number of games his stats got worse. Isn’t that how we interpet stats?
That most recent season of a heavy workload still occurred about five years ago though. I'm probably just weary of the team possibly having one healthy goalie that can be relied upon at the moment and don't want to have a repeat of that situation with only Woll when he returns.

Reactions: ACC1224

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He should never in a million years start a game again until he goes back down to the Marlies and gets his act together. Any other scenario is crazy.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad