q.svg
: $152,770

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $676,553
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $710,381

this is what capfriendly has (it already updated for kovy trade)

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Offense really isn't the problem with the team right now. This is a meh move at best.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The last 5-7 games Kovalchuk hasn't been as get up and go, but he still tried and cared. He was our most physical forward (yeah our forwards are soft as sh*t) and he still has that lethal shot. Skating is good as he kept up with the speedy forwards both problem.

Given the skill and depth Washington has he will be able to fit nicely on the 3rd line and wont need the top 6 to produce.

He shouldn't screw up really anything for the Capitals from the outside look.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Never a bad idea to add elite level scoring talent as depth. Not expecting him to set the world on fire but wouldn’t be surprised if he randomly shows up big in a playoff game or two. The bottom 6 was weak in that respect.

now obviously, there are cons but I think this can help

Reactions: Calicaps

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I told many of you this would be the rift move

mark my words:

he WILL score a big goal or 2 in the playoffs. He just will.

and I LIVE they GMBM admitted he erred in not grabbing him before.

LOVE THIS
Agreed. Dude still has 22 points in 39 games and he's "struggling" according to some. He looked great against the Devils when he was motivated as hell.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Washington is likely to plug Kovalchuk in on the right side of its third line with Lars Eller and Carl Hagelin, while shifting Richard Panik to the left side of the fourth line. Panik has played most of the season on his off-side and will likely be more effective playing as a portside winger. That would leave Brendan Leipsic - who is without a goal since Nov. 27 - as the odd man out at the moment

From Vogel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad