Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk to Capitals for 2020 3rd round pick

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
This came out of no where. It seems kinda steep for a guy with 19 points this year, but whatever.

I wonder where/how he slots in? I'd kinda like a Kovy/Kuzya 3rd line to see how that rolls.

Reactions: philip

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
This has potential, which is probably all you can ask for in a deadline deal. No roster players going the other way so not much risk. Where does he fit? Definitely on the power play. But I’m not seeing a place in our top 6.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I think Panik gets traded. I doubt Hagelin gets moved out of the top 9 and Kovalchuk wasn’t acquired to play 4th line.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Does nothing for this team except disrupt a tight clubhouse. I guarantee Kovy didn't want to leave MTL as he appeared to love it there.

They gave up nothing but I am not a fan.

Reactions: Pomee

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Does nothing for this team except disrupt a tight clubhouse. I guarantee Kovy didn't want to leave MTL as he appeared to love it there.

They gave up nothing but I am not a fan.

I think he'll fit in just fine with Ovi, Orlov, Kuzya, and Samsonov here. I think the real issue will be fit. Who comes off the PP if he's playing PP1? What line is he playing? Don't want to drop down either Vrana or Oshie to the 3rd line but I can't imagine Kovy will be playing 3rd or 4th line minutes here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad