Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk signs with Habs (1-year, 2-way deal, 700k AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's hilarious to see "Kovalchuk" pencilled into our lines. I'd go to a game just to see him in a Habs jersey, which was probably a big reason they signed him.

All we need to make this season complete is to reach out to Jaromir Jagr...

Eye candy:

Reactions: jaffy27

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Or maybe it's your perception that is skewed. I've seen this board being overly positive too.

You have to consider your own tendencies too. Maybe you unconsciously tend to get triggered more easily and fixate on those who are negative, which will always be present, no matter how positive the majority is. Also have to consider human psychology as we are much more likely to remember negative events than positive ones because of survival. We're talking five folds here. In other words, it takes five positive comments to equal the impact of one negative comment.

I won't deny the board has been overly negative, especially in the last 4 years, but to say it's been just that over the last 13 years is simply exageration.

I have read hfboards for years and the constant negativity from at least 20 regular posters make me skip it for long period at times. This team needs improvement and in some areas like management huge improvement but to always portray it on the negative side is tiring, useless and I have better things to do most of the time. A contrario, since the mods decided to block tanking discussions, I found that the discussions became more pleasant and constructive than before on average.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So was yours.

You literally just wrote how they're going with ''youth movement'' in a thread about a mid-season signing of a 37yo veteran. The irony is just sad at this point.

Please don’t use quotation marks for words that weren’t posted.

I also don’t understand what your point is. Kovalchuk isn’t taking anyone’s role away other than Weal. He’s a stopgap.

It’s very clear they’ve decided to have the young players play with veterans versus a barren team.

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Of course if we didn't have to touch the roster I'd rather have the 5th than the 15th pick. But in order to get to 5th we need to move good players out, so the net effect may not be positive.
Umm, besides our young players, what good players can we not afford to move? Heck, given the right price I'm even open to moving our young guns.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
History of laziness??......I’ve only heard the opposite, great teammate

Ya, that scoring machine of a team LA, just steam rolling teams with their offense....lol

lol, ok bud,what next he's a dominant 2 way player and teams were lining up to sign him because of his dedication to the game?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What the hell am I supposed to do with my Kulak 17 jersey now?!
jbmPQ3.gif

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I have read hfboards for years and the constant negativity from at least 20 regular posters make me skip it for long period at times. This team needs improvement and in some areas like management huge improvement but to always portray it on the negative side is tiring, useless and I have better things to do most of the time. A contrario, since the mods decided to block tanking discussions, I found that the discussions became more pleasant and constructive than before on average.
Well, to be fair, the Habs haven't really enticed the feeling of hope in nearly three decades. So I can understand the general feeling of negatively. Sure, there were spurts of good times but I would agree with the negative Nancy's that it's mostly hasn't been good times success 93.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
You would be wrong. Most of us simply don't care about the team anymore. Even after loses the PGT is much shorter. We use to have 30+ after a lose and 20+ after a win. We are lucky when we hit 12 for either. Honest discussion has been squashed by your side. So why post if its nothing but an echo chamber. Many have gone to other boards or just won't waste their time pretending to be positive about this team. Why should I watch a team that hasn't won a playoff round in half a decade. Let alone spend time talking about the positives that hardly exist. Welcome to ballard era leafs without the ability to complain about the mismanagement.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Jul 6, 2016
who will be the first player to wear a decimal number?
This might be a good thing

We know that #99 will never be worn again.

NHL should also retire #9 to honour Howe and Richard.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You would be wrong. Most of us simply don't care about the team anymore. Even after loses the PGT is much shorter. We use to have 30+ after a lose and 20+ after a win. We are lucky when we hit 12 for either. Honest discussion has been squashed by your side. So why post if its nothing but an echo chamber. Many have gone to other boards or just won't waste their time pretending to be positive about this team. Why should I watch a team that hasn't won a playoff round in half a decade. Let alone spend time talking about the positives that hardly exist. Welcome to ballard era leafs without the ability to complain about the mismanagement.

Again, that’s a symptom of forums dying and becoming polarized echo chambers, not of the team as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad