Rumor: Ilya Kovalchuk coming to USA to meet with NHL teams (unknown if he still signing with NYR)

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Maybe he should come back and play where it all started?
Laine and Kovy in the same pp! ;)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I know it won't happen but NJ has the most short term cap space while being in a position to win the coming years.
Tavares+Kovy would have been something to see along with what they have.

To me Rangers make the most sense. In Vegas they probably don't want him.

Depends on what Neal wants though vs what term Kovalchuk would be asking. If he's looking at 4-5m for less than 4 years and brings Gusev over with him, it's definitely something to consider.

Also probably contingent on him willing to wait until Neal and Perron's answer July 1st.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The guy obviously just want to cash in here again. He signed a monstruous contract with Nj and left before the terms. To me he is a selfish player playing for Ilya Kovalchuck

I still see a one-year deal made, though. Not two or three, because he'll probably run away, and the team will be stuck with his 35+ contract.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Constantly hanging out with Radulov over the last two weeks and posted a picture of the two saying “scout from dallas has arrived”, so I wonder if that will help Dallas’ chances of landing Kovy.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Constantly hanging out with Radulov over the last two weeks and posted a picture of the two saying “scout from dallas has arrived”, so I wonder if that will help Dallas’ chances of landing Kovy.

I will laugh, if the Stars don't make the playoffs with those two Russians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad