Rumor: Ilya Kovalchuk coming to USA to meet with NHL teams (unknown if he still signing with NYR)

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
A team would be stupid to give him that kind of a deal. Don't fall into the Kovalchuk trap!
That’s what I think. I think he is a tremendous goalscorer and an all star but it’s the fact he is not really a good team player that concern me. I’m sure a team will give him a 2-3 years deal because of his reputation.

Reactions: Ippenator

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That’s what I think. I think he is a tremendous goalscorer and an all star but it’s the fact he is not really a good team player that concern me. I’m sure a team will give him a 2-3 years deal because of his reputation.

Reputation doesn't feed you money. By the way, if he goes to Dallas, he's probably going to be in the second or third line, where he won't be able to produce much. Don't sign him, Dallas!

Reactions: Maitz

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
hear me out...

The Russians rigged the US elections. Kovalchuk is in New York to rig the draft lottery in the Rangers favor. Rangers get Dahlin. Rangers get Kovalchuk. Rangers win the cup in 2020

Reactions: missionAvs

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Id take him on the Blackhawks for the lone fact he could drastically improve their power play

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Tampa Bay is his best fit, Russian stars and good young forwards, also a spot for him available on the 1LW with Stamkos and Kucherov; Johnson and Point. I'd sign a three-year deal in Tampa if I were him at a small price, then after that he should chase the big dollars, that is if he wants to win the Stanley Cup. I'd even consider Pittsburgh if I were him.

If he wants money he should just sign with NYR. But I personally think it's smart to get a cup first before selling out.

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
Nill puts all the rubles on the table for some Russian reinforcements, knowing that another disastrous season would spell the end of his tenure in Dallas.

Radulov, Nuke, Kovy in the top six. Gurianov might get a shot at the bottom six.

Anyone know if Voynov is eligible to make an NHL return?

:naughty::laugh::sarcasm:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
A team would be stupid to give him that kind of a deal. Don't fall into the Kovalchuk trap!

Depends on if he'd lower his cap hit. If Kovy can still put up at least 30 goals, he's easily worth 6-7 mill. He'd be a decent target for the Canucks since we have cap space and can still retain on one contract. 12 mill over 2 years in the expectation we can dump him at the deadline either year and I'm happy.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Habs would love him if they draft Svechnikov. Could be a good mentor for the kid.

Feb 24, 2017
Heel turn: Kovalchuk goes to Toronto and reveals himself as the 3rd member of the reincarnated blue World order along with Matthews and Nylander.

Too sweet.
That sounds like wrestling. Wrestlers actually do their own physical stuff. Real or not, they get hurt.

Nylander does not fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->