OT: I'll be cheering hard for Marty tonight.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
So the trade, officially, is:

Martin St. Louis
Conditional 2nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan resigns)

for

Ryan Callahan
1st round pick in 2014
2nd round pick in 2014
1st round pick in 2015
Conditional 7nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan resigns)

Holy ****. Even if Callahan doesn't resign, Yzerman basically robbed Sather, especially with the way we draft.

Oh man do I love that trade now. Almost as good was the Penguins choking a 3-1 lead.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So the trade, officially, is:

Martin St. Louis
Conditional 2nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan re-signs with the Lightning)

for

Ryan Callahan
1st round pick in 2014
1st round pick in 2015
Conditional 7nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan re-signs with the Lightning)

Holy ****. Even if Callahan doesn't resign, Yzerman basically robbed Sather, especially with the way we draft.

EDIT: Fixed. Not as much robbery as I thought at first, but still a pretty damn good haul.

A great trade for Tampa. People are forgetting that MSL is going to be 39 next month, and Tampa makes a great trade getting the picks they did for a guy who is on the downside of his career. Great job by Yzerman getting the package he did. With those two picks in the draft- Tampa can even package those to get an even higher pick if they choose to go that route. The future is definitely bright in Tampa.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Oh man do I love that trade now. Almost as good was the Penguins choking a 3-1 lead.

Absolutely agree. I'm not sure which is better in my book, but I'll enjoy both.

4 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. SFY, you're a genius! I wonder who added the "2nd into a 1st with NYR making the ECF" condition...they earned a beer tonight

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Lots of options now, we can use the picks, trade up to get a defenseman, trade the picks for a useful roster player (maybe in a package deal), or trade down for even more picks. This is a great place to be in. Imagine what a Brett Connolly + 2 1st round picks package could get us.

Thanks Marty.

Hawkeye37

Feb 26, 2014
I'm glad everybody was cheering for Marty. He's just eight wins from a cup - way to go!

Be careful what you wish for.

Hawkeye37

Feb 26, 2014
Absolutely. Also I don't want Marty to make the Stanley Cup

People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Mod Edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit QP)

Um, that's the whole point? Many fans are still bitter about the way Marty left, myself included. I was rooting for the Rangers so we would get a better draft pick. Now I would like to see Marty choke and the Rangers get swept. The only thing I regret is that it will have to be by two other teams I hate, Montreal & Boston...

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

(Edit)

What's wrong with that? If Marty's team won the last round, the Lightning got a significant asset back. Now that we don't get anything, and because Marty burned some bridges on his way out, why can't we root against him now?

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
A great trade for Tampa. People are forgetting that MSL is going to be 39 next month, and Tampa makes a great trade getting the picks they did for a guy who is on the downside of his career. Great job by Yzerman getting the package he did. With those two picks in the draft- Tampa can even package those to get an even higher pick if they choose to go that route. The future is definitely bright in Tampa.

I'm not forgetting that. This was a fleecing from day one. The fact that you guys get an additional 1st now just wrecks my mind. :laugh:

I'll be laughing when NYR and MSL get eliminated.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

(Edit)

Im pretty sure "the rest of us" share the same opinion of his and not yours. You must be new, I suggest you read the St. Louis thread a little.

Even if the Rangers lose next round the pick is gonna be 26 or 27 it's gonna be a really late 1st no matter what they do from here out. It seems like a steal from our end but the Rangers care more about making money from playoffs tickets then draft picks, they'll just throw cash at FA's to build their team and hope some later round picks pan out.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

(Edit)

I also rooted for Minnesota, LA, and Montreal to win in this round. Why? Because them eliminating the higher seeds gets Tampa a better pick in the first round. Now that the Rangers have given us their first the worse they do from here on out the better for us. So technically, we still have ducks in this fight only we're now betting on the Rangers to take a dive.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Watching this Rangers/Penguins series had such a distinctive sense of deja vu that I was scared by the end of it.

Dominic Moore getting an assist in Game 7 in Pittsburgh. 3-1 series comeback after dropping both home games. Eery.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

(Edit)

You realize you're targeting 98% of this board right?

When you say "the rest of us," I think you're talking about yourself and that Graffiti guy who's been upset about the jerseys for something like five years.

Most of us have hopes pretty much in line with BF9175. We wanted to squeeze as much as possible out of the trade.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I agree. Now we have their first I hope they get swept in the ECF, and crater next year so we get a high pick in a very strong draft class.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

(Edit)

Is this guy serious? Marty is no longer playing for the Lightning...stop swinging from his jockstrap. I'm the worst kind of fan as well...rooting for my team to get the best spot in the draft possible.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
**** Marty. Hope they get swept in the ECF and he cries for days and that's the last time he's that close to the Cup. Thanks for the 1st rounders, dick

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Say Montreal pulls off the upset tonight, who would you not want to see win a cup more Marty or the Canadians? The 20 year cup drought for Canadian teams is something I don't want to see end anytime soon.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
**** Marty. Hope they get swept in the ECF and he cries for days and that's the last time he's that close to the Cup. Thanks for the 1st rounders, dick

Yep.

I'd rather the Habs win than see him hoist another cup, too. Actually, I just want the West to win it this year. Nobody left in the East I don't dislike for some reason or another.

Go Ducks. Win for Teemu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad