OT: I'll be cheering hard for Marty tonight.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
They are indeed. Frankly, if I had to rate the rosters in the Pacific Division, I would probably have San Jose tops, followed by Los Angeles then Anaheim, but I never had any doubts this entire season that the Kings would be the team that would prevail from that division once the playoffs began. Lo and behold, they found a way through.

Glad the Lightning don't have to deal with that team on this side of the NHL. Maybe we'll all be lucky to see them in a year or two. That would be nice. About the only solitary negative about rooting for the Kings was that it would mean, in the space of three seasons, that LA had jumped from zero Cups to one more Cup than the Lightning have won. Whatever. Still better than Marty having more Cups than the Lightning.

I would have to disagree. I could see if it was a situation like 2004 where Ottawa was Tampa's kryptonite and we just got lucky that we didn't play them, but LA beat SJ in a series. I think that proves who has the better team.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
no snark intended...did you read the part where I said tha I would take LA in the divisional rounds of the playoffs over the Sharks and Ducks? I picked the Kings to beat the Sharks in the first round and I was sitting on that pick, basically, ever since it became a likely first round matchup. I'd also had LA beating Anaheim in the second round, too. I was calling for a Kings/'Hawks WCF rematch a long time before it actually happened.

I was basically following up on DFC's point about teams being built for the playoffs, and LA being the chief example of this in the NHL today. Where even if I didn't think they had the best roster in their division, they would be my pick to prevail from their division in the divisional rounds of the playoffs. I thought I was very clear about that, and apologies if I wasn't.

SC2008

Oct 14, 2006
Yea, feel for bolt fans. Good chance you're in the finals if Marty stayed.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would have to disagree. I could see if it was a situation like 2004 where Ottawa was Tampa's kryptonite and we just got lucky that we didn't play them, but LA beat SJ in a series. I think that proves who has the better team.

Winning one series does not make you a better team. SMDH.

I have no words for that. Seriously? You can run into hot goalies this guy tweaks something that guy things like that did happen. They are very close hell the NHL proved this year all these teams ARE VERY CLOSE a bounce here and there changes all of it?

I just look back and if anyone tells me on the years detroit didnt get a cup but won more points regular season than anyone else but got swept by example example I would want to beat them with a rubber hose. Detroit struggled offensively and goalies played the best they have ever played. That is what happened.

You can be off a case in point is being down 3-0 to san jose and find your rhythm which seems to have happened. I still think any of the other teams could have won anaheim chicago st louis san jose boston etc..

To say they won a 7 game series and are better team? Is luck involved is goaltending involved I have seen goalies stop 55 shots to 18. So I would say whatever.

The NHL right now is very close and one mistake or some hot shooting or goaltending can obviously take you pretty far.

I do think San Jose makes some changes I pray for them they don't go the canuck route and screw it all up etc..

LA is not very deep they dont have any high end prospects I do not see how they could keep gabby and sign the d guys they need etc.. Very tight so their window was very small yep will have some core but they really need 2 more d guys proven and 2 fast speedsters who can score. We will see how long they can keep that.

I do not consider them great myself. Lucky? Very good goaltending? A team that will sacrifice and than some? Absolutely yet they can be beat. Even if they take care of what I said. They are very shallow depth wise as they get older more guys will go down. Major players go down? Thrown away year? I tend to believe so myself they got some things to work on.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Why does MSL play goal now? What a ridiculous post.

If it wasn't sarcasm, then it was a guy showing support. Which should be appreciated. Everyone says Marty screwed us, this guy says the same thing, and you call it ridiculous.

If it was sarcasm, then **** him. But, if it wasn't, why be so negative to a friendly gesture?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
no snark intended...did you read the part where I said tha I would take LA in the divisional rounds of the playoffs over the Sharks and Ducks? I picked the Kings to beat the Sharks in the first round and I was sitting on that pick, basically, ever since it became a likely first round matchup. I'd also had LA beating Anaheim in the second round, too. I was calling for a Kings/'Hawks WCF rematch a long time before it actually happened.

I was basically following up on DFC's point about teams being built for the playoffs, and LA being the chief example of this in the NHL today. Where even if I didn't think they had the best roster in their division, they would be my pick to prevail from their division in the divisional rounds of the playoffs. I thought I was very clear about that, and apologies if I wasn't.

I read your whole post, just didn't really make sense my first read through. If you think San Jose has the better roster, how could you also pick them to lose to an "inferior" team? I get what you're saying now, but I still don't agree about who has the stronger roster.

Winning one series does not make you a better team. SMDH.

I have no words for that. Seriously? You can run into hot goalies this guy tweaks something that guy things like that did happen. They are very close hell the NHL proved this year all these teams ARE VERY CLOSE a bounce here and there changes all of it?

I just look back and if anyone tells me on the years detroit didnt get a cup but won more points regular season than anyone else but got swept by example example I would want to beat them with a rubber hose. Detroit struggled offensively and goalies played the best they have ever played. That is what happened.

You can be off a case in point is being down 3-0 to san jose and find your rhythm which seems to have happened. I still think any of the other teams could have won anaheim chicago st louis san jose boston etc..

To say they won a 7 game series and are better team? Is luck involved is goaltending involved I have seen goalies stop 55 shots to 18. So I would say whatever.

The NHL right now is very close and one mistake or some hot shooting or goaltending can obviously take you pretty far.

I do think San Jose makes some changes I pray for them they don't go the canuck route and screw it all up etc..

LA is not very deep they dont have any high end prospects I do not see how they could keep gabby and sign the d guys they need etc.. Very tight so their window was very small yep will have some core but they really need 2 more d guys proven and 2 fast speedsters who can score. We will see how long they can keep that.

I do not consider them great myself. Lucky? Very good goaltending? A team that will sacrifice and than some? Absolutely yet they can be beat. Even if they take care of what I said. They are very shallow depth wise as they get older more guys will go down. Major players go down? Thrown away year? I tend to believe so myself they got some things to work on.

I am of the firm belief that the better team always wins in a 7 game series. No exceptions. If two teams play each other and it was completely even (same amount of rest, no injuries, equal amount of practice, etc.), the team with the better roster will win. If there are injuries, that changes the roster, doesn't it? Our roster is not the same when Lindback is penciled into that #1 spot, are we? Of course there are also play styles that factor into it (ie. Ottawa and Lightning in the mid 2000's), but I still think it comes down to the better team winning every time. If LA wasn't better than the Sharks, Ducks, 'Hawks, and Rangers this year then they wouldn't have beaten them all. Simple as that.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If it wasn't sarcasm, then it was a guy showing support. Which should be appreciated. Everyone says Marty screwed us, this guy says the same thing, and you call it ridiculous.

If it was sarcasm, then **** him. But, if it wasn't, why be so negative to a friendly gesture?

Probably because it made no sense. We still wouldn't be close to the finals with MSL on the team.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
"Aging New York Rangers Unlikely to Be Back in Stanley Cup Final Anytime Soon"

"Richards has six years remaining on his contract, each year with a cap hit of $6,666,667. The Rangers have one remaining compliance buyout with which they can use, as per the most recent collective bargaining agreement. In other words: bye bye Brad.

Martin St. Louis will turn 39 on June 18, with one year remaining on his contract at $5,625,000. St. Louis battled gamely through the emotions of losing his mother in the middle of the playoffs, but let’s face it: he looked worn down by the Final against L.A., a little too lost in the shuffle of the fierce action."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-to-be-back-in-stanley-cup-final-anytime-soon

Obvious but nice to read.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida

Because it was a ridiculous post.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Playoffs are so unpredictable, that teams with weaker rosters can actually win teams that are better than them, that's called upsets. For example Panthers in 2012

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Playoffs are so unpredictable, that teams with weaker rosters can actually win teams that are better than them, that's called upsets. For example Panthers in 2012

The Panthers lost to the Eastern Conference Champions in the 1st round.

Edit: And it's only an upset because the underdog (or team that not many thought would win) won. I'm saying that makes them the better team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The Panthers lost to the Eastern Conference Champions in the 1st round.

Edit: And it's only an upset because the underdog (or team that not many thought would win) won. I'm saying that makes them the better team.

carolina won the cup man.

Chicago was better team quick was better goalie even though fans thought otherwise from what I see hear lol.

If chicago or pitt or someone had a real goalie?

LIGHTS OUT YEARLY and you would all see what a dammed dynasty was lol.

A hot no name goalie can win series even a scrub we had one hes a yotes now.

So yeah the best team doesnt always win. Thats why they play the game haha

Let's look at basketball? Jordon had same guys and lost yet kept playing year in and out got over hump won? Before that detroit did same thing? So one team was better team for 2-3 years than next team no major changes was better team?

Basketball is a lot more even than a hot goalie or some puck luck or bad ref's etc.. Is 5 stars versus 5 stars. But sometimes it takes the better team a matter of time to get past the other team?

So yeah because you win a best of seven does not make you the better team especially chicago la? this year went down to overtime and one goal I mean jeez.

You really cant see that going either way? I get san jose they were up 3-0.

Boston coming back on new york 3-0 in baseball? Red sox the better team? Or did they catch some luck some momentum and change a series?

The nhl is soo close it proved that this year more overtime games than ever before more seven game series etc..

There were some coin flips this year for sure to see it any other way I question.

And to me? Chicago is flat out the better team. They will be back with vengence next year and will probably get a similar series these teams are too close:)

Last edited:

Hawkeye37

Feb 26, 2014
I felt horrible watching Marty be so sad. He has lived and died with this Rangers team for a little over three months now. Who has been more loyal? Mortal men can't understand grief like that.

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
carolina won the cup man.

Chicago was better team quick was better goalie even though fans thought otherwise from what I see hear lol.

If chicago or pitt or someone had a real goalie?

LIGHTS OUT YEARLY and you would all see what a dammed dynasty was lol.

A hot no name goalie can win series even a scrub we had one hes a yotes now.

So yeah the best team doesnt always win. Thats why they play the game haha

Let's look at basketball? Jordon had same guys and lost yet kept playing year in and out got over hump won? Before that detroit did same thing? So one team was better team for 2-3 years than next team no major changes was better team?

Basketball is a lot more even than a hot goalie or some puck luck or bad ref's etc.. Is 5 stars versus 5 stars. But sometimes it takes the better team a matter of time to get past the other team?

So yeah because you win a best of seven does not make you the better team especially chicago la? this year went down to overtime and one goal I mean jeez.

You really cant see that going either way? I get san jose they were up 3-0.

Boston coming back on new york 3-0 in baseball? Red sox the better team? Or did they catch some luck some momentum and change a series?

The nhl is soo close it proved that this year more overtime games than ever before more seven game series etc..

There were some coin flips this year for sure to see it any other way I question.

And to me? Chicago is flat out the better team. They will be back with vengence next year and will probably get a similar series these teams are too close:)

If the difference in goalie is really so strong, that means that LA is the better team. Can't just take forwards/defense and disregard how the goalie affects a roster. I personally think that Chicago and LA are so evenly matched that the team that won did so only because one team *eventually* had to win.

Edit: Also, what does Carolina winning have to do with this? They were a pretty good team that year.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If the difference in goalie is really so strong, that means that LA is the better team. Can't just take forwards/defense and disregard how the goalie affects a roster. I personally think that Chicago and LA are so evenly matched that the team that won did so only because one team *eventually* had to win.

Edit: Also, what does Carolina winning have to do with this? They were a pretty good team that year.

they had a cinderella season? They beat better teams? They got lucky?

Not saying LA got lucky even though at times they did. They are a tough good team. They paid a major price with bodies and work ethic and they stood up to the test.

Yet the they won in 7 game series to me it happens.

Is like saying Kurt Busch won a year in nascar became a champion and that he wasnt lucky? His tire came off the car on the the last turn anywhere else he loses everything.

So when you come out with if they won they are the better team?

Nah you got to have luck sooo many other factors go into it. Is 6-8 teams all the same in NHL right now. To me that was proven this year beyond a doubt. Hoping we get there in next 2-3 years and think we will. We are not far off but have to pay the piper or our dues so to speak:)

I am just glad for one that the king and quick and others are not on certain teams cause man would they be hard to beat lol.

I like LA though they show a ton of heart and discipline and play for each other and are mature so maybe they stick around like the spurs for a long time. I hope not.

Hoping we become that team myself. Yes someone had to finally win lol. Was a lot of bounces luck and other things involved also:)

I have said I would rather have luck than be good well I would rather have elite goaltending and seeing eye pucks than anything else myself!!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Karma *****.

Yup pretty much.

The Rangers fans are really annoying me saying they don't get that far if the trade never happens. please. Lundqvist was the reason they got that far. No forward on the Rangers was lights out in offense and their forward's were giveaway machines. Also, MSL finished the playoffs with a -5.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Yup pretty much.

The Rangers fans are really annoying me saying they don't get that far if the trade never happens. please. Lundqvist was the reason they got that far. No forward on the Rangers was lights out in offense and their forward's were giveaway machines. Also, MSL finished the playoffs with a -5.

Even if it was because of Marty (while i agree it wasn't) no one cares about second place.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Even if it was because of Marty (while i agree it wasn't) no one cares about second place.

Yeah I read an article how if the Rangers win a cup, Hockey will become more popular in NY, and the Rangers will likely jump over other NY teams in popularity and people will follow the team for the next few years, but if they lose, they will go back to the bottom of the abyss where people in the NYC streets will still think the Rangers starting goaltender's name is Ryan Lovequest. (No joke someone was interviewed by the radio station and it was not just one person who did not know Lundqvist's name)

Also, I made a choice to jump off this team's band wagon for personal reasons, I will not rub it in fans faces, unless they start spewing the Cally/MSL trade crap.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->