OT: IIHF 2019 World Championship (Eichel going)

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Reino throws the perfect cross crease pass through traffic to Couts and he wiffs on the shot. Should have been 2-2. Reino is out there every other shift now. Nice show of faith from AV

Reactions: kummelweck

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah this is win. :) Telegin was not bad, at least it hat speed and it was physical. I don't understand why Blashill always put JVR with Jack, he's terrible.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Eichel seems to LOVE the point-per-game mark. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in his tournament. This should have been the type of environment he should have dominated from start to finish.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
So... the more of this tournament I watch, the more I wonder at where the best Irish player of our age signs. Greg O'Renko should be getting courted for sure by someone.

I mentioned before taking a look at him here. At least see what he has in training camp. 25, more matured, had a heck of a season in the KHL and was Finals MVP. Has looked pretty good at the Worlds.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So... the more of this tournament I watch, the more I wonder at where the best Irish player of our age signs. Greg O'Renko should be getting courted for sure by someone.
How does it work with his rights as it pertains to Colorado? Is he free and clear?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I mentioned before taking a look at him here. At least see what he has in training camp. 25, more matured, had a heck of a season in the KHL and was Finals MVP. Has looked pretty good at the Worlds.

Yeah, I hate to admit that there is appeal there. Like... hold me, I'm scared but the guy has looked like a complete player in both the KHL playoff games and now in the WC's. Just... wow.

And Gusev? Vegas is going to get all sorts of cheap depth scoring out of that guy next year, especially if he continues to be fired by the miscommunication with Tampa about him being an AHL player. He's going to feast considering the other line matchups are going to draw so much more attention.

Back to the WC's for a moment, I do feel for the Swiss. This is such a heartbreaker and they were so close.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I was impressed we gave Russsia as much of a game as we did. I expected to get steamrolled with the game over by the end of the 1st.
With our defense, it's impossible, they like a clowns drag the puck in their zone and lose it, instead of just throwing it away her.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was impressed we gave Russsia as much of a game as we did. I expected to get steamrolled with the game over by the end of the 1st.

Funny that execution of 2-on-1's would be the difference in the game, looking at the sort of puck talent the US can put on the ice.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad