OT: IIHF 2019 World Championship (Eichel going)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Grigorenko anyone?
Radulov not playing won't be a huge loss.
Panarin yes he is really awesome!

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And Greg O'Renko is about as desperate an answer as any.

Seriously though, I could see him having a good WC with Kuch and BriseBois offering him a low-dollar, single-year deal to get talent value for Tampa. Given the Russian community in SW Florida, the tax break and an opportunity to get back to the NHL, he might just take it.

I still think Greg gets his due and a team like Tampa or the Caps makes it happen on a cheap deal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eichel seems to LOVE the point-per-game mark. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in his tournament. This should have been the type of environment he should have dominated from start to finish.

Agreed that it would have been nice to see him have dominant results. He was third in points on the team. He hit iron 7 times (by my count). His line was regularly out of the US zone and up the ice because he carried the mail from blueline to blueline, gained entry and allowed them to set up. He came back in a fashion I have never consistently seen out of him and he took the body often. That play where he started to lose the puck and just trucked his check? More of that please in Buffalo. It was positive growth, he did things newly that we can look at as adding to his overall game.

And some of the lineup decisions were frustrating. He was saddled with JvR's glacially slow corpse the last few games and he had human giveaway machine Keller for the first few. Injury did the roster no favors but Blashill went full blender on his lines a number of occasions rather than sticking with pairs that worked (Eichel-Kreider, DeBrincat-Kane) and trying to find a fit with those guys.

How does it work with his rights as it pertains to Colorado? Is he free and clear?

Seems it was covered. He's UFA.

God help me... the idea of signing him is very appealing right now. Someone snap me out of it.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Agreed that it would have been nice to see him have dominant results. He was third in points on the team. He hit iron 7 times (by my count). His line was regularly out of the US zone and up the ice because he carried the mail from blueline to blueline, gained entry and allowed them to set up. He came back in a fashion I have never consistently seen out of him and he took the body often. That play where he started to lose the puck and just trucked his check? More of that please in Buffalo. It was positive growth, he did things newly that we can look at as adding to his overall game.

And some of the lineup decisions were frustrating. He was saddled with JvR's glacially slow corpse the last few games and he had human giveaway machine Keller for the first few. Injury did the roster no favors but Blashill went full blender on his lines a number of occasions rather than sticking with pairs that worked (Eichel-Kreider, DeBrincat-Kane) and trying to find a fit with those guys.

Seems it was covered. He's UFA.

God help me... the idea of signing him is very appealing right now. Someone snap me out of it.

Grigorenko on a one year show me deal to see what Krueger can get out of him. Yakupov is already calling him talking up Ralphie. You know you want it:D:laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Too much Russian bias here, he'll be an AV again.

The team that didn’t qualify him is going to bring him back? Seems even more farfetched than a fever dream of him returning to Buffalo.

I still think he’d be a fit for Tampa on a low cost 1-year deal.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If declining aides his physical development i.e. he needs to focus on getting bigger, then it makes sense. No one said that, but there are only so many days in the summer and hopefully he's getting good advice.

Did Mittelstadt even get an invite? He's another one that needs to upgrade his conditioning and strength this summer.

Mittelstadt was busy graduating from Harvard.

17-Year-Old Genius Set to Graduate From Harvard Just Days After Getting High School Diploma
harvard-56578611177798567647568678-1-700x420.jpg

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Are there any players in this team of Finland who could interest us?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Reinhart got angry and laid a big hit on a Czech who went down on his ass. Man I wish Eichel and him would be more physical. Reinhart's filled out, he's a fairly big forward now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad