OT: IIHF 2019 World Championship (Eichel going)

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Not surprised Eichel is going. Need to start learning to play into June so why not.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Wonder if anyone else from the Sabres is going? Ullmark as a Swedish goalie perhaps (likely the 3rd, I'd imagine)?
Dahlin expressed interest in going, but said something along the lines of ”but the team will be announced next week so we’ll see”, this was about ten days ago. Ullmark probably wouldn’t play much Markström will be the clear number one, but he would be a very solid backup.

The Dahlin thing is weird it sorta sounded like the swedish federation hadn’t invited him yet which would be a pretty severe f***-up.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Dahlin expressed interest in going, but said something along the lines of ”but the team will be announced next week so we’ll see”, this was about ten days ago. Ullmark probably wouldn’t play much Markström will be the clear number one, but he would be a very solid backup.

The Dahlin thing is weird it sorta sounded like the swedish federation hadn’t invited him yet which would be a pretty severe ****-up.
Is his international suspension over for the medal incident with U18?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Is his international suspension over for the medal incident with U18?
It was the under 20’s, but no I don’t believe so because he was asked last year I think, ofcourse he decided to pass last year, it was a ton for him to handle last year.
EDIT: Rasmus Dahlin has accepted an invitation from team Sweden apparently their are waiting for the release from the Sabres.
EDIT2: He declined. Two declined invites at 19...

Also regarding my last post, Hank decided to participate whatever that does to Ullmarks chances.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
If declining aides his physical development i.e. he needs to focus on getting bigger, then it makes sense. No one said that, but there are only so many days in the summer and hopefully he's getting good advice.

Did Mittelstadt even get an invite? He's another one that needs to upgrade his conditioning and strength this summer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was the under 20’s, but no I don’t believe so because he was asked last year I think, ofcourse he decided to pass last year, it was a ton for him to handle last year.
EDIT: Rasmus Dahlin has accepted an invitation from team Sweden apparently their are waiting for the release from the Sabres.
EDIT2: He declined. Two declined invites at 19...

Also regarding my last post, Hank decided to participate whatever that does to Ullmarks chances.
Lasr year’s combination of workload and shitty treatment at the Olympics had a factor in last year. He reportedly was waiting to be asked. If the expectation is that he plays, why wait to extend the invitation?

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
Probably noone cares about this one,but Girgs not going this year. News reported something due to not having a contract for next season. (simiral like Josh posted about Larsson having same thing)
(tho i thought cause he's getting married in summer,he would avoid any chance getting hurt)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Probably noone cares about this one,but Girgs not going this year. News reported something due to not having a contract for next season. (simiral like Josh posted about Larsson having same thing)
(tho i thought cause he's getting married in summer,he would avoid any chance getting hurt)

Players who are not under contract usually do not attend.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Imagine if he broke his leg and needed a wheelchair for the wedding. Would totally screw up wedding pictures. Imagine the injuries that would stem from that!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So he was asked then?

Did management have a hand in him saying no?

Dahlin? Yes and probably (IMO). There was an interview Dahlin gave in Swedish shortly after the season ended that indicated he would be excited to go if asked. I'd guess the Sabres probably wanted him focusing on recovering from the last NHL season and getting ready for the next one --- no doubt the NHL schedule he just played is a lot tougher than the SHL one he was used to, and he definitely has work to do in the gym this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad