Speculation: II. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Tomahawk Steaks For Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalGodAOD*

51 points of complete terribleness. The overkill that is the talk of his current-day career is astounding. He's not Gonchar, a true washed up vet.

He really is. He's declining at an exponential rate. He can't keep up with plays anymore and is a turnover machine.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Most of the people over on the Jets board think Chiasson + 14OA for Byfuglien and a filler pick would be a good deal. Is that something the Stars should jump on? Gives them that big RHD who will also get you 40+ points and help the Pp

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Most of the people over on the Jets board think Chiasson + 14OA for Byfuglien and a filler pick would be a good deal. Is that something the Stars should jump on? Gives them that big RHD who will also get you 40+ points and help the Pp

I wouldn't do that.. I'm a fan of his shot but he was so bad this season that the Jets just had to move him to wing.. turnover machine is not what the Stars need as their 1D

James Freaking Neal

Feb 16, 2010
Last time i made an offseason contribution, it was the direction the stars took and it was terrible(see:sean avery)

With that said, i am a fan of the renaissance(sp?) and i have a crazy thought if the puzzle pieces line up.

B rich comes back and convinces vinny to waive his ntc.

Is it that crazy?? I mean the youngsters need another year and they could be bait if need be.. What's a few more draft picks..

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Before the playoffs I was into the idea of bringing back a bought out Brad Richards. Not now. The idea of bringing in both him and Vinny is just crazy talk and will never happen for a half dozen reasons.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
Last time i made an offseason contribution, it was the direction the stars took and it was terrible(see:sean avery)

With that said, i am a fan of the renaissance(sp?) and i have a crazy thought if the puzzle pieces line up.

B rich comes back and convinces vinny to waive his ntc.

Is it that crazy?? I mean the youngsters need another year and they could be bait if need be.. What's a few more draft picks..

Is the assumption that they would make Eakin tradable or that we'd move Eakin to wing?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just out of curiosity, why would that be?

If it came down to getting Richards in free agency (post buyout) or Thorton (for a small package), I'd rather have Thorton.

I saw a SJ fan say it would take a LHD, Fwd prospect and a pick.

Daley, one of our B fwd prospects and a 2nd?

I have heard ownership wants to move on in San Jose and that although Marleau is the Captian Joe is the main leader and they need to make room for the new leaders to step up. I have heard Dallas is in the running and in a good position.

I think the package will make sense for The Stars when the smoke clears. Seguin Thornton Eakin down the middle seems different than 12 months ago in Dallas.

The bolded package looks about right.

I think Joe is one of the classiest guys in the league with lots tread left on the tires and he would fit your current roster like a glove.

Last edited:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I have heard ownership wants to move on in San Jose and that although Marleau is the Captian Joe is the main leader and they need to make room for the new leaders to step up. I have heard Dallas is in the running and in a good position.

I think the package will make sense for The Stars when the smoke clears. Seguin Thornton Eakin down the middle seems different than 12 months ago in Dallas.

I think Joe is one of the classiest guys in the league with tread left on the tire and he would fit your current roster like a glove.

I agree and hope that we somehow land Joe (one of my favorite players). I don't think he wants to come here, I hope I'm wrong though.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX

I think Joe is one of the classiest guys in the league with tread left on the tire and he would fit your current roster like a glove.

K.Conn + Guptill + 3rd

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree and hope that we somehow land Joe (one of my favorite players). I don't think he wants to come here, I hope I'm wrong though.

Dallas is a different place now. Your team is on the rise and your prospect pool looks good. I think Joe could be sold.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Come on, Richards isn't that bad. He had a bad Stanley Cup finals, and all of a sudden he's terrible. He'd be a completely solid, cheap, second line center option for us who is all but guaranteed to put up 50 points, and could easily pleasantly surprise us.

What other second line centre options can we get for free that won't cost us an arm and leg in salary and term? I don't want to pay what we would need to for Spezza. Some team is going to give Statsny over seven million a season, other second line centres have just as much baggage as Richards, and the prospects others are advocating simply aren't solutions to make us better for next year.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Come on, Richards isn't that bad. He had a bad Stanley Cup finals, and all of a sudden he's terrible. He'd be a completely solid, cheap, second line center option for us who is all but guaranteed to put up 50 points, and could easily pleasantly surprise us.

What other second line centre options can we get for free that won't cost us an arm and leg in salary and term? I don't want to pay what we would need to for Spezza. Some team is going to give Statsny over seven million a season, other second line centres have just as much baggage as Richards, and the prospects others are advocating simply aren't solutions to make us better for next year.

I don't think he is going to be less expensive than any of the centers out there except Statsny. If you could get all three on the same contract, I'd take Grabovski and Legwand over Richards and I'd offer a longer term if I had to for those two because they have a longer shelf life IMO.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Daley+Guptill+2nd/3rd is what I guess it would take for Thornton

Leaving us with Chiasson + ? To get that RHD leaves us with a very solid roster

Benn - Seguin - Glennie/Pevs/Sceviour
Nichushkin - Thornton - Ritchie (cant think of better for the kids)
Roussel - Eakin - Garbutt
Horcoff - Peverley - Sceviour/Glennie/Cole/Mckenzie

Goligoski - RHD (?)
Nemeth - Dillon
Benn - Kc/Oleksiak/Klingberg (whoever wins spot)

Call me crazy but depending on how the kids develop that team can do more then a rd1 exit

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Goligoski - RHD (?)
Nemeth - Dillon

Call me crazy but depending on how the kids develop that team can do more then a rd1 exit

Might even get than done for Less than Daley.

Outside looking in you guys move from a bubble playoff team to a "playoff team" that can compete and make some noise. This is the year for the move as well to build on last years success.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Uhh, Thornton is the captain in San Jose. I think he is definitely going to be traded but as has been talked about a few times, he does have the NMC so he has a ton of say in where he goes.

Brad Richards had more than just a bad final. 12 points in 25 games is just not good enough. If Richards isn't scoring he is an anchor around your neck.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Things are definately looking promising this offseason if we can get it done for less than Daley it facilitates a trade for another D aswell

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Things are definately looking promising this offseason if we can get it done for less than Daley it facilitates a trade for another D aswell

All these situations are REALLY fluid so who knows but your GM appears to be a good deal maker.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX

Goligoski - RHD (?)
Nemeth - Dillon

I think Daley is a non-starter for us at this point. That would leave an already weak blue line weaker.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
But I think if moving Daley in a package for a top RHD dman and bringing up one of the kids to feel the 6th spot may be an improovment. With Daleys recent performance and salary it may just be the time to trade him

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
You're not going to want to move Chiasson if you get Thornton without him being part of the package; he'd be the perfect guy to center him.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
You're not going to want to move Chiasson if you get Thornton without him being part of the package; he'd be the perfect guy to center him.

Dont you think Thornton would be more beneficial to a pure goal scorer like Ritchie? On Thorntons line I can see him scoring 20+ in his rookie season which will have him in the calder race for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad