Igor Shesterkin is really damn good

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Sorokin is looking to sign a contract with the Islanders? I thought he was looking to stay 1-2 more years. Very nice news, will be fun indeed.

Yea he'll be here next year. That's the reason Lou signed Varlamov as to give him a familiar face and bridge into the starters role.

Reactions: Firsov99

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I know these are younger goalies, but add in Khudobin and Georgiev (who both play for Russia internationally), and Bob who has struggled in Florida, but is turning it around and adjusting to a new team/system. Russia is becoming a goalie factory. Maybe it's because they can't develop defense that they're goalies get so good.
I had a discussion about this with someone else on this boards some time ago. Indeed, this seems like a solution to the inability to produce elite d-men.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
And no defense past Provorov and Sergachev. How the heck does that happen?
Good question, actually. in the early-90's, Russia was pumping out some awesome D...

Zubov, Gonchar, Markov, Kasparaitis, Zhitnik, Konstantinov, Malakhov, Mironov, etc. These days they seem to be the goalie factory, while Sweden is spitting out the D...

Karlsson, Hedman, OEL, Dahlin, Boqvist, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad