Igor Shesterkin is really damn good

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Kid dominates at every single level. Let’s talk about the embarrassing defense and the fact that his record is 5-1. Faced 43 shots tonight against LAK and nearly recorded a shutout; letting in one late. He’s now at a 2.34GAA and a .933SV%, while Lundqvist and Georgiev are over 3+ GAA.

kid is special and has tremendous potential to become an elite talent

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
small sample size in the NHL and the kings are pretty brutal.
This kid is gonna be real good though.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’s legit. Nice transition for NYR fans to not have to worry about goaltending for like 20-25 years going from Hank to Igor is a pretty damn lucky transition.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
future hall of famer, here to quietly burn down your village and win 20 cups in 20 years

its the los angeles kings..........

Reactions: Rob Brown

Web In Front

Feb 1, 2020
These young goalies coming into the league now grew up playing against kids shooting with modern stick technology and getting dedicated offensive skill coaching and development. I think that's a big reason we've seen guys like Hart, Samsonov, Shesterkin, even going back to Vasilevskiy and Murray, transition into the NHL so seamlessly. I wonder if we'll see teams start going younger in net as a result (and with so many of these long-term goalie contracts for older vets blowing up in teams' faces).

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Even as a Ranger's fan I ignore the opinions of fellow NY fans 90% of the time. (No offense).

However, the one thing they do have a valid opinion on is what makes a good goaltender.

They have pretty much had an upper echelon keeper nearly every year since the late 50's; Gump Worsley, Giacomin, Villemure, Davidson, Vambiesbrook, Richter, crickets, Lundqvist and now Shestyerkin...

Igor S. looks as dominant in net as a young representation of any player listed above.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s against the Devils. 46 saves.

It’s against the Kings. 42 saves.

Keep going. What’s next?

As to his play, why are people surprised? He’s an elite hockey player. He has been one his whole hockey career. Most fans just don’t know about this guy because he’s only in his first NHL season. They’ll learn his name.

Reactions: Tofveve

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
...did you see the 43 shots the Kings tossed his way? Were you, even once, concerned that it was a good chance?

Not to take anything away from him. I just wouldn’t use this Kings team as a fair measuring stick.
Yea when that idiot on the Kings was on the ground and kicking his skates at Igors glove to try to get the puck loose I was pretty concerned. Someone should have put that idiots head through the ice.

Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This is against Kings we're talking about, let him face some competition and sizable sample size then you update your thread.

Can everyone on the east coast stop acting like shutting down the Kings is some sort of ****ing accomplishment? They can’t get a puck into the Pacific Ocean from the west end of the Santa Monica peir.

future hall of famer, here to quietly burn down your village and win 20 cups in 20 years

its the los angeles kings..........
18 losses in his 132 pro game career. How about them apples, were they all vs the kings?

Last edited:

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
He’s legit. Nice transition for NYR fans to not have to worry about goaltending for like 20-25 years going from Hank to Igor is a pretty damn lucky transition.

We went Beezer, Richter, Hank, and now Igor, with only minor stop-gaps in between (if even). We've had 35-40 years of solid goaltending.

Reactions: Saitama

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not that it's completely uncalled for his sample size in the NHL IS small and the Kings aren't great. But I'll never get used to how every positive thread, 40% of the posts are miserable people being miserable and telling everyone how that positive thing people talk about is not really a positive at all. Are you guys this miserable in real life?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad