Igor Shesterkin is really damn good

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
The comments are eerily similar to his prospect thread.

"Sample size", "let him win away" , "he needs to show this against real teams"... etc.

I am cautiously optimistic and I hate to praise players who (seemingly) have a small sample size. But I've seen these exact same comments when he was sharing duties with Mikko Koskinen and people claimed Koskinen was the better goalie.

Eventually you are going to run out of excuses why Shesterkin is NOT a good goalie.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I wonder if certain Ranger fans will start to believe that the Rangers D takes it easy and don't play as hard in front of Shesty because he is so good? Hmmmnnn

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Shestorkin/Sorokin battle for the Calder in NY? Sign me up!

I say it every thread, if the Islanders and Rangers knew what was good for them they would market the hell out of those two together in the coming years.
Sorokin is looking to sign a contract with the Islanders? I thought he was looking to stay 1-2 more years. Very nice news, will be fun indeed.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Vasilevskiy, Shesterkin, Samsonov, Sorokin, Askarov.

DAMN.

I know these are younger goalies, but add in Khudobin and Georgiev (who both play for Russia internationally), and Bob who has struggled in Florida, but is turning it around and adjusting to a new team/system. Russia is becoming a goalie factory. Maybe it's because they can't develop defense that they're goalies get so good.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
This 6-1 run has shown me he is better than Henrik Lundqvist ever was, and will bring a Stanley Cup to NY, at least one, before he retires.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I know these are younger goalies, but add in Khudobin and Georgiev (who both play for Russia internationally), and Bob who has struggled in Florida, but is turning it around and adjusting to a new team/system. Russia is becoming a goalie factory. Maybe it's because they can't develop defense that they're goalies get so good.

Yep. Used to be French Canada, then Finland, now Russia.

Reactions: Firsov99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->