Igor Ozhiganov

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Why is Ozhiganov given so much loyalty from Babcock? Ozhiganov is dragging Dermott down.

Ozhiganov, Zaitsev, Hainsey is arguably the WORST right side of any D core in the NHL. All of them are 6-7 guys.

Holl deserved a look in October, how is Holl in the same condition as the other guys after sitting all year? Ozhiganov is a downgrade from Roman Polak.

Ozhiganov has been a perfectly solid bottom pairing defenseman who's played largely mistake-free so far in his rookie season. I have no idea what you think you're seeing, or what you think you should see here.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Wouldn’t mind a bottom pair of

Borgman - Ozhiganov

When Dermott moves up

Borgman won't be with the Leafs organization next year. He's fallen behind Sandin and Rosen, and has even been a healthy scratch with the Marlies at times. Our LHD strength, is a barrier to him here.

Reactions: AreBe

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Seems to be adapting well and becoming more comfortable carrying the puck in close proximity to opposing players without letting them force him to make mistakes. I don't think he's going to be an impact guy, but I'd go ahead and re-sign him for bottom pairing money and might be inclined to give him a year or two longer than you typically would. He might be the caliber of player that can form a decent 2nd pairing with a partner who's better than he is and I think we might have that scenario with Dermott, I'd really like to see that pairing get some tougher usage to see how they react

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Borgman won't be with the Leafs organization next year. He's fallen behind Sandin and Rosen, and has even been a healthy scratch with the Marlies at times. Our LHD strength, is a barrier to him here.

I had high hope for the Borg
Too bad he's fallen so far

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
did he? I thought his decision making looked terrible. I don't think he can read and react to plays at the NHL level
He was very sheltered but I didn't see that at all, seemed reasonably in position and managed to carry the puck out and deep into the opposition's zone regularly. His possession stats make him look pretty good too, especially given that he was dragging Polak around. Dermott forced the team to look in his direction and hasn't let the window open up again, but Borgman was definitely not the issue last year and it doesn't seem like the organization had any qualms with him in the lineup right out of camp for more than half a season

selltrade

Sep 20, 2005
Toronto
www.selltradememorabilia.com
I think Lilly and Sandin are both Marlies next year so as not to have issues with expansion draft.... Borg will be with Leafs IMO, I can see all of Gardiner, Hainsey, Holl and Marincin all gone, replaced by Rosen, Borgman and a UFA or 2..

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
12 guys making over $1M per year AAV next season - Matty, Tavares, Freddy, Rielly, Marner, Willy, Kappy, Kadri, Marleau, Hyman, Brown, and Z - total around 72-73M.
other 11 guys all going to be less than $1M to make CAP work at 83M.
can't afford more until Marleau comes off CAP and that money will go to Rielly

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
12 guys making over $1M per year AAV next season - Matty, Tavares, Freddy, Rielly, Marner, Willy, Kappy, Kadri, Marleau, Hyman, Brown, and Z - total around 72-73M.
kappy if he takes a lot less on a 1 year deal and gets his contract the following year

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Lilly and Sandin are both Marlies next year so as not to have issues with expansion draft.... Borg will be with Leafs IMO, I can see all of Gardiner, Hainsey, Holl and Marincin all gone, replaced by Rosen, Borgman and a UFA or 2..

That's possible., I can see that.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Ummm wut??? MR is under contract fo 3 more seasons after this. We have a very long way to go before we have to worry about Mo in any way.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
My mistake I thought he was up. Like you said he is 3 years out. So really it is about getting Kappy and maybe Marner to take 1 year bridge deals. The following season we will have no issues with CAP it is only a 1 year issue with Marleau.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
My mistake I thought he was up. Like you said he is 3 years out. So really it is about getting Kappy and maybe Marner to take 1 year bridge deals. The following season we will have no issues with CAP it is only a 1 year issue with Marleau.
I am not overly concerned about the cap next year ,

Look capfriendly has us with 23m in space , not including Bettmens 3.5m bump estimate and not including Hortons 5.3m LTIR.

23.2+3.5+5.3= 32m in cap space to ink 13 contracts.

Maybe something is done with PM or/and WN , that is 13m in cap right there.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

you have not added Hortons 5.3m ltir cap relief. Of the 23.2m capfriendly shows us next season , is the number IF we are not using that 5.3m ltir relief.

Reactions: smitty10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad