Friedman: Iginla willing to waive his NMC this season

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The last time he was under contract (at the deadline) and had his choice of a contender he chose the wrong team.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Edmonton, Calgary, Boston could be a good fit.

Boston has the underlying stats for contention, and Jimmy Hayes on their 3rd line has been an atrocity. If they're looking to move Spooner, he might fit on the Avalanche well (note I know nothing about Spooner, just that he's young)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boston definitely doesn't want or need Iginla after his postseason performance with us and snubbing the B's the year they might have won it all vs 0 goal Jagr.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bring him to his hometown for a playoff push in Edmonton, and to make Flames fans cry :handclap:

I would find this hilarious

But you guys better pick it up if you want that to happen. A record of 3-3-4 in your last 10, and tied for second most games played isn't going to get you there.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I really see him going to the Kings, makes the most sense at least right now. Would love to see him win the Cup but please don't come to the Pens ;)

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Iginla is a St. Albert boy you know...

But I doubt he goes to the Oilers. Not because Iginla would refuse, but because he's not what they really need if they're going to make a playoff run.

And is it too early to talk about the OIlers in the playoffs? :sarcasm:

It doesn't matter where he grew up, his legacy is as the Flames greatest player. It would have been like Gretzky going to the Flames at the end of his career. The Flames tried to acquire Ryan Smyth near the end of his career and Smyth wouldn't go because you don't crap on your legacy. Iginla is still beloved by the Flames fanbase but if he ever put on an Oilers jersey he would be dead to us and rightfully so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad