Friedman: Iginla willing to waive his NMC this season

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
On HNIC tonight, Elliotte Friedman says that the word out of Colorado is that Jarome Iginla is willing to waive his NMC this year and that it's expected Colorado will accommodate him.

The Avs will have to make it clear to Iggy that the GM is picking the team he's going to this time.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Send him back to CGY and let him retire with dignity. Cant see any other team giving up anything of value for him.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Do it Sakic, do it now. If a team is willing to take on Iginla just give him to that team. He had a great career but the past two seasons have been a wreck. Let us use his spot on someone that intends to play hockey. This will help our PP so much.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
wont happen until the deadline for cap reasons.

I, for one think he can still hit that next gear if the games mean something but playing in Colorado must be flat out demoralizing

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The Avs will have to make it clear to Iggy that the GM is picking the team he's going to this time.

Except he has a full NMC, so no, not really.

It shouldn't be a problem anyway. Sakic may not be a great GM but he's nowhere near as dumb as Feaster.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Man what is with the Avs? Every year it's the same thing. Loads of young talent, all kinds of promise and then a massive fail. You have to wonder if it might be time for wholesale top to bottom changes there. From Sakic on down.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Low value vet on his swan song tour with history with Sutter...we know where this story is going!

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
As a Hawks fan I would take a flyer on him for a 3rd round pick.

I think he could fill a bottom 6 role pretty well and score a timely goal or two.

It would be a good move.

Only problem is his cap hit @5 per, it would have to be around the TDL for it to make sense. Well, unless the Avs would be willing to retain.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think a lot of Flames fans (understandably) wont want to bring him back. Selfishly, i'd love to see them bring him back.

L.A. makes a lot of sense though. Please just don't trade him to Edmonton :laugh:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Retaining shouldn't be an issue this season.

Taking on a 2 year contract dump is an alternate option to enhance Iginla's value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad