Confirmed with Link: Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
One of the"prospects" is a UFA for goodness sake. There is something wrong with this however you slice it.

He's not a "UFA". He's just a regular prospect that has played 4 years in the NCAA and now could become a UFA in August.

He's more of an RFA with some leverage. Not a ton of leverage though since he wouldn't become a UFA until August 15th, long after the opening of regular free agency. Most teams are only going to have a select few roster spots still available at that point.

In other words, if the Flames/Feaster want him, he'll be signed.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
He's not a "UFA". He's just a regular prospect that has played 4 years in the NCAA and now could become a UFA in August.

He's more of an RFA with some leverage. Not a ton of leverage though since he wouldn't become a UFA until August 15th, long after the opening of regular free agency. Most teams are only going to have a select few roster spots still available at that point.

In other words, if the Flames/Feaster want him, he'll be signed.

Agreed. And there is an option for the player to not sign and then go somewhere else - which should not be the case for a prospect who is a part of this trade.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
Unfortunate victim? Lol!!!!!!

Look - some people here need to get some things straight - this is utter incompetence by this organization on many levels. A few main points illustrate the problems that are significant of great incomtence

1. This organization has been doing the same thing for years and failing at it. Even when EVERYONE aside from flames fans have been commenting in amazement that the Flames have been waiting WAY too long to begin a rebuild - for 5 years this has been the case;
2. When they do decide to trade their captain, they wait to do so in the last year of his contract;
3. Everyone saw that CBA stoppage might come and take away a year of hockey and STILL the flames made no moves - you could have lost iginla for nothing;
4. Everyone knew for some time that the cap would go down after the new CBA - and the flames decide to trade iginla the year before the cap goes way down and after teams have already adjusted for it and therefore cannot afford him?
5. When a player waives a no trade he has to sign a waiver which gets filed with the league - it in this case would hae listed the teams he can be traded to - after that the player has No control over the deal - so one of two things happened - the flames didn't get the waiver up front or 2 they gave iginla the choice of cancelling the deal with Boston even though he had already provided Boston as an option - either way it is a total failure to get maximum value out of this trade! Either Calgary is too soft to do what is necessary or iginla went back in his original word that he would accept a trade to Boston. AND it sounds like the flames did not get the bloody waiver!
6. They didn't wait until deadline day to make a trade;
7. They told Boston there was a deal and waited a long time to tell them it was off - both big screw ups

C'mon Flames fans - wake up (those of you who have not woken up already)

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...-shero-jay-feaster-jarome-131619754--nhl.html

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Hey Pens fan here. The NCAA semi-final between Yale and Minnesota is being broadcasted nationally here. I thought it might be somewhat comforting to know that Agostino is having a really good game so far and scored a great goal.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'm sure his "agreement" was conditional upon Iggy's consent, which was always needed.

According to an interview with King yesterday, the Flames never got a written list of teams Iginla would waive for. King admitted that was 'probably a mistake'.

Just wholesale incompetency.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Iginla didn't have to give any list since he had a full NMC. Even if he DID give a list, he didn't have to waive for Boston over Pittsburgh just because Boston gave a better offer that Feaster wanted.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting tweet from Joe Haggarty earlier today. I know Bruins fans aren't all that high on him and he now obviously has a bone to pick with the Flames, but regardless:
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 4h
@adam_thompson12 Feaster had zero control or say in that process. It was all Iginla and Murray Edwards

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Interesting tweet from Joe Haggarty earlier today. I know Bruins fans aren't all that high on him and he now obviously has a bone to pick with the Flames, but regardless:

I believe this. Edwards rewarding Iginla for all his years of service. Edwards tells Feaster - "Jay your going to take a lot of heat for this but because it's not your decision your job is safe of course". Jay - "I'm an NHL GM, I can handle the heat, no worries"

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
That's only because you've only been trolling here for a couple of days now.

I wondered if someone would accuse me of this. You speak about something true and if someone doesn't like it they often insult you. I am here to comment in sports just as you are.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Haggarty has a super blog and is all over the place around here and Chiarelli cant help but know his work- I'm glad to see here the Flames for the most part are satisified with the deal- was very shocked and a pissed at first but glad we got Khokhlachev and the pick back, hopefully if the Bruins do deal they leave at least Koko out of this.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
Then you'd know everyone knows what the owners are doing and have directed plenty of blame toward them.

This doesn't make sense and you know it. Coming here to discuss something doesn't mean I have read everything on the site - not having done so does not make me a troll. And your fans have not been directing plenty of blame to ownership - I have read enough to know this.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This doesn't make sense and you know it. Coming here to discuss something doesn't mean I have read everything on the site - not having done so does not make me a troll. And your fans have not been directing plenty of blame to ownership - I have read enough to know this.

Yes we have. Maybe you're not reading carefully enough.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

We most certainly have. You're relatively new so ill give you a pass on this one but you're dead wrong.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

No, it just makes you look like a fool.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
We most certainly have. You're relatively new so ill give you a pass on this one but you're dead wrong.

I don't care to make enemies with you - and I am outraged by the way this team has been operated. But if I am dead wrong - give me a couple of examples? Not the gm - the owner.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
Yes we have. Maybe you're not reading carefully enough.

The majority of the complaints on this are about Feester and make no mention of ownership as fas as I have read which is not a small sample size.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't care to make enemies with you - and I am outraged by the way this team has been operated. But if I am dead wrong - give me a couple of examples? Not the gm - the owner.

Im not going to go digging, but I personally have stated this ownership is meddlesome, and out of touch on several occasions and I know several other frequent posters on this board have said similar things.

Should I remember a specific post, or stumble upon one ill post it, but I fail to understand why would essentially call us all liars when several people have told you, you're mistaken.

To give your point some credence though, we certainly see more hate directed towards specifically Feaster than the rest of ownership. This is more so done by non-flame fans though.

Its also no secret I am not a Feaster supporter at this point but i'd like to see the entire management team (with the exception of Weisbrod) overhauled.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Lol - really? Nice one liner - now respond to any of the lengthy comments I have made a instead of resorting to very simple insults.

I would, but I don't think you'd be able to understand it. A simple cursory glance through threads like this one show more than a few fans critiquing ownership. Go back further to the O'Reilly threads and you'd see more of the same. But apparently, in your thorough read through of the Flames board, you somehow missed that. Odd that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Im not going to go digging, but I personally have stated this ownership is meddlesome, and out of touch on several occasions and I know several other frequent posters on this board have said similar things.

Should I remember a specific post, or stumble upon one ill post it, but I fail to understand why would essentially call us all liars when several people have told you, you're mistaken.

To give your point some credence though, we certainly see more hate directed towards specifically Feaster than the rest of ownership. This is more so done by non-flame fans though.

Its also no secret I am not a Feaster supporter at this point but i'd like to see the entire management team (with the exception of Weisbrod) overhauled.

This is pretty much what I would try to say in a lot more words.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011

I am not calling you liars - I believe that what you say in this regard is likely true. I just have not seen it and I have read enough that I believe those comments are likely rare enough. And for me meddlesome is an understatement. And that is unfortunate because change is needed.

In any event - I am sorry for the state of this franchise and am angry about it. This should not have happened and was entirely predictable in my view.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I am not calling you liars - I believe that what you say in this regard is likely true. I just have not seen it and I have read enough that I believe those comments are likely rare enough. And for me meddlesome is an understatement. And that is unfortunate because change is needed.

In any event - I am sorry for the state of this franchise and am angry about it. This should not have happened and was entirely predictable in my view.

Not to worry, many of us feel the same way. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad