Confirmed with Link: Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

martinarse

Aug 28, 2011
first off I'm a bruins fan here ,so i am bitter .I thought our offer was weak for iginla and expected to pay more for him and as a fan of Boston probably done it if it was up to me then I see pittsburgh's offer and my jaw dropped, what a joke ! your best asset to trade to rebuild and you get nothing back .what is feaster doing here? I lost respect for iginla here because he announced 4 teams to talk to on the possible trade scenario. a deal is done and he says no after Boston scratches their players and has to go tell 2 kids why we traded them and then didn't but we still like you guys.I understand every ones angle in Calgary "why would you want to play anywhere but with Crosby hes the best." true but why list 4 teams when you would only choose 1 ,you caused a lot of grief to everyone else except yourself and your old team flames get a horrible return based on your last minute decision. :rant:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
first off I'm a bruins fan here ,so i am bitter .I thought our offer was weak for iginla and expected to pay more for him and as a fan of Boston probably done it if it was up to me then I see pittsburgh's offer and my jaw dropped, what a joke ! your best asset to trade to rebuild and you get nothing back .what is feaster doing here? I lost respect for iginla here because he announced 4 teams to talk to on the possible trade scenario. a deal is done and he says no after Boston scratches their players and has to go tell 2 kids why we traded them and then didn't but we still like you guys.I understand every ones angle in Calgary "why would you want to play anywhere but with Crosby hes the best." true but why list 4 teams when you would only choose 1 ,you caused a lot of grief to everyone else except yourself and your old team flames get a horrible return based on your last minute decision. :rant:

When did he do that? Unless you are talking about what the media reported but they have been so wrong on all things Flame related this past week why would you take it at face value.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

Who knows if he even submitted 4 teams? We've never got confirmation from him that this was true. It is possible that he chose Pittsburgh and only Pittsburgh and management was using the "4 teams" to drive the price up for the Pens. The announcement of a deal with Boston seems to me like a last attempt for Shero to panic and give a better offer, but in the end it seems like the only explanation as Boston's offer was much better (provided the 1st was not conditional). Just a thought, he has a NMC so he controls the whole process and I don't see it as being selfish in any way. Sure the return couldve been better but if thats the only team we can make a deal with its better then nothing and losing him in the summer.

Schalkenullvier*

Who knows if he even submitted 4 teams? We've never got confirmation from him that this was true. It is possible that he chose Pittsburgh and only Pittsburgh and management was using the "4 teams" to drive the price up for the Pens. The announcement of a deal with Boston seems to me like a last attempt for Shero to panic and give a better offer, but in the end it seems like the only explanation as Boston's offer was much better (provided the 1st was not conditional). Just a thought, he has a NMC so he controls the whole process and I don't see it as being selfish in any way. Sure the return couldve been better but if thats the only team we can make a deal with its better then nothing and losing him in the summer.

Eh, I dont think will go as far as telling a GM that a deal is done to squeeze more out of another one. And honestly if that was the Price for iggy After driving the Price up, I dont want to know what the Start was.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Eh, I dont think will go as far as telling a GM that a deal is done to squeeze more out of another one. And honestly if that was the Price for iggy After driving the Price up, I dont want to know what the Start was.

What I was trying to say is it was an attempt to drive the price up but Shero did not give in. Its either that or Iggy gave the list of 4 teams and changed his mind at the last minute.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
lost almost all my respect for a guy who deserves alot of respect for what he has done in his career.

Unless he comesout to rebuttal what feaster stated, it was pure selfish move. You not only tarnish your pristine reputation but also throw your gm under the bus. And i believe Feaster for now bc he stated , he liked the players the Bruins were offering, has a good relationship with Chiarelli and told him the deal was pretty much done. It would be suicidal for him to pull off such a stunt without screwing up future deals with teams. I mean who would trust him. Example " done deal" the other gm "are you sure" or "yeah right".

Iginla majorly screwed this one up it seems. Why have four teams listed in the first place?? After you have your list, then its your gm's choice in what he wants to do. There is no more, are you sure?? Also way to screw your relationship with your buddy Andrew Ference. The guy won the cup in 2011 and not only did not fully take in all the glory, he had the decency you name you on live tv that he wished you were there. And you want to play with Malkin/Crosby instead? very classy

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
lost almost all my respect for a guy who deserves alot of respect for what he has done in his career.

Unless he comesout to rebuttal what feaster stated, it was pure selfish move. You not only tarnish your pristine reputation but also throw your gm under the bus. And i believe Feaster for now bc he stated , he liked the players the Bruins were offering, has a good relationship with Chiarelli and told him the deal was pretty much done. It would be suicidal for him to pull off such a stunt without screwing up future deals with teams. I mean who would trust him. Example " done deal" the other gm "are you sure" or "yeah right".

Iginla majorly screwed this one up it seems. Why have four teams listed in the first place?? After you have your list, then its your gm's choice in what he wants to do. There is no more, are you sure?? Also way to screw your relationship with your buddy Andrew Ference. The guy won the cup in 2011 and not only did not fully take in all the glory, he had the decency you name you on live tv that he wished you were there. And you want to play with Malkin/Crosby instead? very classy

Prove there was ever a list.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

lol u mad bro?

He's earned his NMC. And used it. Go on with your life. Or adopt a kittene. I don't care.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Holy crap, someone's jimmies are rustled.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Lawlz, even if there was a list, Feaster said he showed Iginla 3 deals, Iginla chose the one that sent him to Pitts, and I don't blame him, that team is flying and they have the two best players in the league already. I agree its selfish, but he earned the ****ing right to be selfish, he owes Boston absolutely nothing.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lawlz, even if there was a list, Feaster said he showed Iginla 3 deals, Iginla chose the one that sent him to Pitts, and I don't blame him, that team is flying and they have the two best players in the league already. I agree its selfish, but he earned the ****ing right to be selfish, he owes Boston absolutely nothing.

he doesn't owe the Bruins nothing, but way to throw your gm under the bus. Who the heck is going to want to do a deal with him now?

Feaster says "the deal is yours" , other gm's "remember that time you screwed the Bruins, are you sure??". Feaster says "yeah i'm sure, it wasn't me that changed my mind".

So throw your gm under the bus and also be talked negatively. Way to go Iggy.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
he doesn't owe the Bruins nothing, but way to throw your gm under the bus. Who the heck is going to want to do a deal with him now?

Feaster says "the deal is yours" , other gm's "remember that time you screwed the Bruins, are you sure??". Feaster says "yeah i'm sure, it wasn't me that changed my mind".

So throw your gm under the bus and also be talked negatively. Way to go Iggy.

For Feaster to agree to a deal with the Bruins without receiving Iginla's blessing isn't a mark against Iginla - it's yet another indication of Feaster's wholesale incompetency.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
For Feaster to agree to a deal with the Bruins without receiving Iginla's blessing isn't a mark against Iginla - it's yet another indication of Feaster's wholesale incompetency.

Here here, Iginla wasn't bound by Feaster's word nor did Feaster have to let Iginla pick the team after he gave the list.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

No disrespect towards your team, but Iginla being done right by the organization he's spent his entire career in is far more important than hurting Boston's feelings. Iginla was in full control of this move from the start, as we all knew he would. The Flames wanted the Boston deal, but Iginla chose Pittsburgh. Give the man what he wants, he's earned it. He isn't just any player being traded. Also, it's important to note that Feaster is a moron. How does he wait until a deal is agreed, before talking to the player? Welcome to the Calgary Flames.

lol @ Ference. So let me get this straight - Ference shout out Iginla during his cup win, so Iginla supposedly owes him his future? I highly doubt their friendship is ruined. Stop overeating.

Last edited:

Corban

Sep 25, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just wanted to stop by and say how happy this news made me when I was awoke at 1:30 am from my phone blowing up with this great news! Christmas in March!

Jarome seems like a awesome individual, already know he is a great player, so to say the least, he will be loved/respected and enjoyed to the fullest during his time here in Pittsburgh. He will love the team, front office, fans, and the city. So rest assured your captain is in good hands. Thanks to all the good Flames fans out there! Have a good one fellas.

mjw22

Feb 10, 2012
moosejaw
Iggy just got even for years of neglect by ownership. Feaster is a pinwad apparently one of these college guys is a ufa july15 nice one jay .

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
I hate the Pens but I love Iggy. He paid his dues, now he wants to dish an assist for the Cup winning goal to Sid, so what, who can blame him?

Good luck to your franchise. Hopefully this inaugurates a new, bright chapter for you.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Hey Calgary fans. Just wanted to give you an update.

I just got back from the Jets game. A reference to the Iginla trade was made before the game and the crowd went nuts.

Lots of Iginla Flames jerseys and shirts in the crowd tonight. Definitely got a big pop tonight from the crowd when a guy wearing an Iggy Flames jersey was on the scoreboard and turned around to show Iginla 12 on the back.

Can't wait till Saturday's game against the Isles. Hopefully Iggy's in town for that game.

The talk is that Bylsma is going to start the first few games with Neal - Malkin - Iginla. Definitely going to be nasty. Eventually I can see Kunitz dropping back to the Malkin line, Dupuis shifting over to the left wing, and then Iggy playing with Crosby.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

I just got back from the Jets game. A reference to the Iginla trade was made before the game and the crowd went nuts.

Lots of Iginla Flames jerseys and shirts in the crowd tonight. Definitely got a big pop tonight from the crowd when a guy wearing an Iggy Flames jersey was on the scoreboard and turned around to show Iginla 12 on the back.

Can't wait till Saturday's game against the Isles. Hopefully Iggy's in town for that game.

The talk is that Bylsma is going to start the first few games with Neal - Malkin - Iginla. Definitely going to be nasty. Eventually I can see Kunitz dropping back to the Malkin line, Dupuis shifting over to the left wing, and then Iggy playing with Crosby.

I think the Crosby-Kunitz duo is inseperable, if someone is to move down it would be Dupuis, but thats just my opinion :dunno: . The Neal-Malkin-Iginla combo does look lethal tho, and this trade really seems to overshadow the fact that you also got Morrow, this team is incredibly stacked up front.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010

Ay29K.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad