Speculation: If you were Kyle Dubas, what moves are you making for the Leafs at the TDL?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
AS much I hate trading a first with Chiarot (should have been protected), Dubas needs to do what Zito did: give his core the best chance to show if they got it. Buy some players and see if the current core can do it. If they can't, make major changes by trading at least once core piece.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
They need to go all in, they are not good enough or deep enough as it stands to make a big run.

Yes, they are having a nice season, nobody would argue that, but the playoffs will be a much different animal. They will need to get past Tampa who have won 11 of their last 12 series, then Boston who is putting together as good a season as anyone has in nearly 30 years, then Carolina.

I'm not bashing them, or taking away what they have done. They are a top 5-10 team in the league, issue is that to go on a run they are going to need to beat 3 of the top 4. You better believe those teams will be loading up, if the Leafs hope to have a shot, they would be wise to do so as well.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I guess the Leafs fans think they can out score teams and win playoff games 7-6. Any Toronto fan who is not looking to improve the D, goalie position AND get a shut down center iceman, is highly delusiona.

Sorry, delusional
Leafs have literally been the exact opposite of an "outscore your opponent" type team all year.

Where the heck have you been?

at some point you have to go all in if you're the leafs.

Why because the very people cheering for their failure say so?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
You seem to be the one who needs to calm down. You were not vague you said all had won cups. I suggested you try out the The Google since they have it on the internet now.
Are you in every thread fact checking the vast amount of dubious and sometimes mistaken posts?
lighten up, you'll live longer

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Catching up on my thread. the amount of people still saying the Leafs are a run and gun outscore people who need to upgrade their D is crazy. They are a better defensive team than offensive team lol. Get with 2023 please

It's hilarious, all these people are saying is they haven't watched a single game since the Randy Carlyle era

Reactions: LeafsNation75

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
If I'm Dubas I add:
Christian Fischer from Arizona
Jacob Chychrun from Arizona
Adam Henrique from Anaheim
Auston Watson from Ottawa

I ship out whatever combination of draft picks or prospects required to bring them in and eat enough of their various cap hits to make it work. Some roster players like a Sandin or Reilly might need to be included to get deals done and make the money work, but whatever. Just get these guys in the lineup to augment the bottom six and the top end of the blue line.

• Haha
Reactions: OTB

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
He should pay whatever he needs to jettison Matt Murray, then find a starting goalie capable of leading a run.

They've got guys in the front office that saw Burke's, "Goalie? Meh, you can always find goalies." insanity. And now Dubas is grabbing goalies off the top of the offseaon shitheap? With the exception of a, what, 3 year break with Freddie, the Leafs goaltending over the the past 15 years has been a bit of a horror show.

Look at the common denominator of all the teams that have ended the Leafs playoff hopes: Vezina, Vezina, Vezina, Vezina, Vezina.

Reactions: TMLife17

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Put the league on notice!!!

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Kane
Meier-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-O'Rielly-Nylander
Lafferty-Kampf-Engvall

Chychrun-Liljgren
Rielly-Parayko
Gavrikov-Brodie
Giordano

We could probably do better on the 4th line...but don't have much cap left ;)

Reactions: Eggtimer

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He should pay whatever he needs to jettison Matt Murray, then find a starting goalie capable of leading a run.

They've got guys in the front office that saw Burke's, "Goalie? Meh, you can always find goalies." insanity. And now Dubas is grabbing goalies off the top of the offseaon shitheap? With the exception of a, what, 3 year break with Freddie, the Leafs goaltending over the the past 15 years has been a bit of a horror show.

Look at the common denominator of all the teams that have ended the Leafs playoff hopes: Vezina, Vezina, Vezina, Vezina, Vezina.

Here’s the common denominator of those goalies: developed, drafted, drafted, drafted, drafted. Trades and UFA goalies rarely work, best case you get someone cheap who can get hot for a month like a Niemi which is what you’re betting on with Murray/Sameonov. The only trade option worth exploring is an Askarov type to try to reverse the Rask trade and that wouldn’t pay off this season even if Poile got drunk enough to do it.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
ROR,would be a great fit..And some more depth on defense possibly some grit in the bottom 6...The latter should be easy ...ROR will likely be the tough one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad