Proposal: If you were David Poile what do you do in the off-season? Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
At least when the pricetag gets jacked up past a certain point, it really doesn't hurt much if he just goes elsewhere. I'd feel a little disappointed if he signed somewhere else for $8M aav. But if he's signing for over $10M - and he should be able to get offers like that at least in simple comparison to Skinner only - then yeah, no problem, he can go elsewhere and no tears will be shed. We have a center who is just about as good in Turris and a HUGE bargain at just $6M with a mere 5 years remaining! ;) And we aren't stuck with any NMC on Turris or any other clauses. So um, yeah, Turris gets a lot easier to appreciate if the salary inflation goes haywire. :oops:
If Duchene wants 10mil+ a year he won’t get it here. I like him and want him to be a Pred-but good luck to the team that gives him that.

Reactions: NNCbama

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
XM Radio, some guy from "TFP Rumor mill" says the the Isles had a trade lined up with Nashville for Tavares and Snow wouldn't pull the trigger.
One of the early negotiation deals, not during the season, right? I mean, the Isles seemed to be in play right up to the end (or thought they were anyway), so I can definitely see that they wouldn't trade rights. And it's probably going to be the same for Duchene and Columbus. :dunno:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
One of the early negotiation deals, not during the season, right? I mean, the Isles seemed to be in play right up to the end (or thought they were anyway), so I can definitely see that they wouldn't trade rights. And it's probably going to be the same for Duchene and Columbus. :dunno:

This would have been at the 2018 trade deadline or earlier. Not for negotiating rights.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
XM Radio, some guy from "TFP Rumor mill" says the the Isles had a trade lined up with Nashville for Tavares and Snow wouldn't pull the trigger.

When is this report from though?

Back in 2009, I had a friend who was semi close with the higher ups in the org that told me the Preds had a deal for the #1 pick (Tavares) but the Islanders backed out last minute. Rumored piece was Weber+

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
When is this report from though?

Back in 2009, I had a friend who was semi close with the higher ups in the org that told me the Preds had a deal for the #1 pick (Tavares) but the Islanders backed out last minute. Rumored piece was Weber+

Well they were talking about Tavares final year on the island so that's the time I'm guessing they meant. Not sure if it was TDL or the summer of 17 but sometime in that year

Reactions: Roman Yoshi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad