Proposal: If you were David Poile what do you do in the off-season? Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Winnipeg gave permission to Colorado and Philly to speak with Hayes’ agent about contract details prior to trading his rights, Colorado wasn’t willing to give him what he was wanting, thus his rights were traded to Philly, who was willing to give him that. The same situation is what would happen in trading Turris for Duchene’s rights. The contract is agreed upon, then the trade would happen to clear out Turris’ cap space, then the contract is signed. Instead of trading the pick to negotiate the contract, then trading Turris, you just trade Turris for Duchene’s rights and sign him

E: if you trade for his rights, you don’t have to wait for July 1, you can sign him immediately. That’s what happened with the Mark Stone deal to VGK, and we did it a few years ago with Carl Soderberg
Ah, so because WPG gave those two teams a permission to talk to Hayes, it means CBJ will give us the permission to talk to Duchene?

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
Ah, so because WPG gave those two teams a permission to talk to Hayes, it means CBJ will give us the permission to talk to Duchene?

It happens all the time. Jarmo knows by now that Duchene isn’t coming back there, I believe he’s even directly mentioned trying to recoup draft picks for UFA rights. If he knows he’s not getting the player back, he should give teams permission to speak to them, an asset is better than nothing.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Read the thread! Turris’ value is at max the same as what Hayes’ right were traded for! Nobody is taking on that contract risk for anything of value or money going back, period. Preds posters are literally willing to take on a 7th round pick.... last I checked a 5th > 7th
1 poster does not equal "preds posters". there are preds posters saying the opposite of what you say we all are saying..

hyperbole and moving the goal posts. hopefully once everyone wakes up and if they choose to entertain you, they know what you're good for.

**comes to an opposing team boards**

"hey you guys should trade turris for a dog turd"

"no man, we're good"

"Well ok but turris has worse value than a dog turd"

Reactions: Viqsi and PredsV82

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i even started my dialogue with the fact no one is asking for anything significant in return for turris. no one. not a single soul.

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
1 poster does not equal "preds posters". there are preds posters saying the opposite of what you say we all are saying..

hyperbole and moving the goal posts. hopefully once everyone wakes up and if they choose to entertain you, they know what you're good for.

**comes to an opposing team boards**

"hey you guys should trade turris for a dog turd"

"no man, we're good"

"Well ok but turris has worse value than a dog turd"

Literally linked a thread with Preds posters who advocated trading Turris for the “dog turd” to clear cap space for Duchene. So not sure what you’re on about. It’s whatever, hope all works out for ya either way

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure how trading Turris for a 5th round pick, then trading said 5th round pick for Duchene’s UFA rights doesn’t equal out to trading Turris for Duchene’s UFA rights, but ok

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Avs fan here (do live in Spring Hill though) that follows the Preds a bit. With that Portzline Tweet, would it not make sense to trade Turris straight up for Duchene’s UFA rights? CBJ gets a replacement player signed to term, Nashville gets Dutchy and frees up the money to sign him. Seems like a perfect fit for both sides IMO

No. Absolutely not. Everyone thinking Turris has negative trade value is just being silly.
Sign Duchene once hes legally available to talk to us and then trade Turris. He will fetch something, evening it's just a pick.

Edit... I see it's been covered...

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
No. Absolutely not. Everyone thinking Turris has negative trade value is just being silly.
Sign Duchene once hes legally available to talk to us and then trade Turris. He will fetch something, evening it's just a pick.

exactly. people assuming duchene to NSH is a done deal.. it's far from that.

if we sign duchene then yes a turris trade would seem likely and it would be about clearing cap space. a 5th-7th round pick? might as well trade someone else.

im sure that means bonino is worth a 6th round pick if only we add a 4th round pick with him.

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017

If you’re not wanting to trade for his rights, then that’s fair, I understand that.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
It happens all the time. Jarmo knows by now that Duchene isn’t coming back there, I believe he’s even directly mentioned trying to recoup draft picks for UFA rights. If he knows he’s not getting the player back, he should give teams permission to speak to them, an asset is better than nothing.
Are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

Reactions: Legionnaire11

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Avs fan here (do live in Spring Hill though) that follows the Preds a bit. With that Portzline Tweet, would it not make sense to trade Turris straight up for Duchene’s UFA rights? CBJ gets a replacement player signed to term, Nashville gets Dutchy and frees up the money to sign him. Seems like a perfect fit for both sides IMO

The only way Poile does this if he's got a signed Duchene, not his rights. If Duchene doesn't sign here, we've given up a player that could possibly fill the #2 center roll for nothing in addition to the trade pieces we sent to Colorado. If Duchene signs here, then you can trade him to Columbus if you want but I would package Turris and Ellis for a top 6 winger with a proven playoff track record.

Reactions: NNCbama

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
The only way Poile does this if he's got a signed Duchene, not his rights. If Duchene doesn't sign here, we've given up a player that could possibly fill the #2 center roll for nothing in addition to the trade pieces we sent to Colorado. If Duchene signs here, then you can trade him to Columbus if you want but I would package Turris and Ellis for a top 6 winger with a proven playoff track record.

That’s what I was meaning, he wouldn’t be able to sign til the trade is done, but literally everything would be done before the deal. I can also see if you’re meaning that the contract be signed with CBJ first, and then make the trade (so the optics look better).

I can also the other option being preferable also. The only drawback then is finding a team wanting both Ellis and Turris, AND having the ability to afford both, though a 3-way trade could be a possibility though

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
See my response to the post above yours, clearly this situation is beyond your comprehension

Ok enough of this crap. It's fine when you just want to talk but come on our board and fling insults. Leave before the mods make you leave, please.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Indeed, the timing is all that matters since Turris is our only backup plan to Duchene. It's not complicated. Dump Turris for anything if you have Duchene, keep Turris no matter what if you don't have Duchene.

But the main thing is, David Poile is going to know a lot better than we do how real the whole Duchene fantasy is. And anyway, these days you get a week to talk to impending UFAs before July 1st, so trading for rights isn't quite the big deal it once was. I'd still give up a 5th for Duchene's rights today just so that I could start the dominoes off a bit sooner and know where I stand before the draft. A 5th is nothing. But you can really only give up Turris for Duchene's rights if you have something secret signed in blood that is technically tampering.

I doubt you could package Turris and Ellis... that's a lot of contract for some team to swallow at a time when payrolls are getting filled up. :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At least when the pricetag gets jacked up past a certain point, it really doesn't hurt much if he just goes elsewhere. I'd feel a little disappointed if he signed somewhere else for $8M aav. But if he's signing for over $10M - and he should be able to get offers like that at least in simple comparison to Skinner only - then yeah, no problem, he can go elsewhere and no tears will be shed. We have a center who is just about as good in Turris and a HUGE bargain at just $6M with a mere 5 years remaining! ;) And we aren't stuck with any NMC on Turris or any other clauses. So um, yeah, Turris gets a lot easier to appreciate if the salary inflation goes haywire. :oops:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Part of the problem with Skinner is Buffalo HAD to sign him. And he had 40 goals in a contract season.

40 goal scorers are gonna get 9 million or more these days.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad