If you could unload Anderson right now, would you do it

If you could uload Anderson right now, would you do it?

• Total voters

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Eklund reporting that the Flyers want Stone and Andy. Lol. After EK getting traded I guess nothing is out of the realm of possibility.
Morion should do it

By the time we are ready to compete, Stone will be sipping margaritas in the maldives

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
I thought that we should have traded Anderson after our run to the conference final...buy the optics would not have looked good with his wife's illness.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The trade market for goalies is always weird. Teams seem reluctant to give up any meaningful assets to acquire one, especially when they see teams having success with guys who were previously either unknowns or castoffs. I am just not sure that Anderson is as marketable as we think he is. He is an older goalie with a lengthy injury history and another year to go at over four million. If you are Calgary, is Andy really that big an upgrade on Mike Smith? If you are Vegas, do you really want to spend four million plus just to have Anderson caddy for Fleury in the playoffs? At the end of the day, I think that a combination of age, injury history, and that additional contract year is going to prevent anyone from targeting Anderson in a trade.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
At this point, we're not competing next year, so what's the rush? He only has one year left, and even if he does suck next season, he's still an NHL level goalie. Andy, Condon and Gustavsson are the only goalies signed past this season.

Do we really want to give Nilsson a contract so soon? Is Hogberg still in our future plans? Need to figure all this out before making moves.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Trade Andy, give Nilsson a one or two year deal at around 1.75 or 2.0, sign an old guy at same and go from there.
We're in a real rebuild here folks, we can't afford Anderson's erratic play spiking up his save perentage and costing us a top five pick next year. Goalies are a dime a dozen, never overpay them.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
What's the point in having him next season? We are bad enough to maybe finish with the 1st overall. Anderson hurts those chances.

There's no point to anything for the next few years. Just going through the motions until new ownership after the blown downtown arena deal.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
There's no point to anything for the next few years. Just going through the motions until new ownership after the blown downtown arena deal.

As some posters say, let’s burn it to the ground and play on an outside rink! Last time we did that, we had over 25,000 patrons... so there’s that.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
As some posters say, let’s burn it to the ground and play on an outside rink! Last time we did that, we had over 25,000 patrons... so there’s that.

We're going to field a team of course but our best outcome is we somehow make the playoffs in a cinderella season and get bounced in round 1, maybe round 2 if we're super lucky.

It's depressing to think about so I've kind of stopped following the team in any meaningful way.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Last season was the year to trade him but was a bad season. Not many teams will want to take on Anderson , his numbers are actually not bad considering the team and shots against each game of like 37-40.

Nilsson could be the next Condon or Andy , jury is out for this small sample size.

Not sure we get more then a 3 Rd rounder for him. Speixally with EM making the decision and PD the puppet.

Anderson could be a nice.mentor for young guys.

I can't imagine how bad season would be without Andy.

We are in rebuild.mode and rate we are going we have to burn it to the ground including Andy. If not keep him around as backup.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What's the point in having him next season? We are bad enough to maybe finish with the 1st overall. Anderson hurts those chances.

If we trade Stone and Duchene for futures/dead cap/fillers, then even Andy won't get us out of the basement.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
The trade market for goalies is always weird. Teams seem reluctant to give up any meaningful assets to acquire one, especially when they see teams having success with guys who were previously either unknowns or castoffs. I am just not sure that Anderson is as marketable as we think he is. He is an older goalie with a lengthy injury history and another year to go at over four million. If you are Calgary, is Andy really that big an upgrade on Mike Smith? If you are Vegas, do you really want to spend four million plus just to have Anderson caddy for Fleury in the playoffs? At the end of the day, I think that a combination of age, injury history, and that additional contract year is going to prevent anyone from targeting Anderson in a trade.

Have to agree. You never know, it only takes one team that needs a goalie due to injury, but it seems unlikely anyone would give up anything substantial.

Ottawa's goaltending behind Anderson ain't great either and they will probably need salary to hit the floor.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Last season was the year to trade him but was a bad season. Not many teams will want to take on Anderson , his numbers are actually not bad considering the team and shots against each game of like 37-40.

Nilsson could be the next Condon or Andy , jury is out for this small sample size.

Not sure we get more then a 3 Rd rounder for him. Speixally with EM making the decision and PD the puppet.

Anderson could be a nice.mentor for young guys.

I can't imagine how bad season would be without Andy.

We are in rebuild.mode and rate we are going we have to burn it to the ground including Andy. If not keep him around as backup.
He already asked to be traded i dont think he is a leader or mentor whatsoever. Get him out of the room.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He already asked to be traded i dont think he is a leader or mentor whatsoever. Get him out of the room.

I don’t think that is the case at all, nobody wants to stick around Ottawa. Nobody is signing to stay, people are asking for trades.

Ottawa is a deadend organization. It’s where Stanley Cup dreams go to die and where you’ll never get to test your talents as a hockey player because you’ll never have a realistic chance of playing against elite teams in deep playoff games

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I worry a bit. I think Dorion has some potential as a GM, his drafting seems strong and I think that is the most important aspect of being a GM. He needs help with contracts but I think they got that in McTavish. He's is horrible trading and seems sketchy with FA's (but the financial limitations make that hard to assess).

But I worry about how reactionary he seems to be, just observational on my part but that's my opinion. I worry that he would make an impulsive decision (like trading for Bobby Ryan moments after losing Alfredsson) should we get bad press for "trading" the 1st overall pick. Perhaps another ****ty "quantity over quality" trade like the Karlsson move. Or re-signing Ceci to 5+ million because "he's the new face of the franchise".

General manager Bryan Murray made the trade, to bring in Bobby Ryan, and it was seen as an attempt to mitigate the signing of Daniel Alfredsson, by Detroit.

I think PD was head scout at the time, and or AGM, and think he learned a lot from Murray, and feel he would make the right choice, if made a good offer for Anderson.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This. Once a player has said that they don't want to be here, you move them along. If there was so much drama last year, why didn't he intervene as a leader and seasoned player? Instead of going to management and explaining the issues in the room, he went to management and asked to be moved.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think that is the case at all, nobody wants to stick around Ottawa. Nobody is signing to stay, people are asking for trades.

Ottawa is a deadend organization. It’s where Stanley Cup dreams go to die and where you’ll never get to test your talents as a hockey player because you’ll never have a realistic chance of playing against elite teams in deep playoff games

I dunno, he sure does stare down his D men after they make an error an aweful lot. Terrible body language from a goalie. This organization has done nothing but be true to him. They dealt out two younger goalies who were making a push for his spot and stuck with him, they have been with Anderson all the way through thick and thin injuries hot runs by other goalies etc. He then asks to get dealt when things arent going well? I think its time to move on and if they can get any assets for him at this point they should do it. They arent winning anything anytime soon.

I also personally dont understand why people care where they finish this year. The pick is gone whether its first or 10th it doesnt matter they arent making the playoffs. If anything finishing dead last and increasing how early each pick is the better. It will also outline how inept this management team is and may result in them finally being replaced, I see it as a win win.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Lockout is coming...

If he isn’t traded now then we wasted Andy’s last years.

He’s going to a good team. Do you really think he’s concussed that bad?
Or just pissed at his teammates that play like runny dog sh** in front of him?

Reactions: Alex1234

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I dunno, he sure does stare down his D men after they make an error an aweful lot. Terrible body language from a goalie. This organization has done nothing but be true to him. They dealt out two younger goalies who were making a push for his spot and stuck with him, they have been with Anderson all the way through thick and thin injuries hot runs by other goalies etc. He then asks to get dealt when things arent going well? I think its time to move on and if they can get any assets for him at this point they should do it. They arent winning anything anytime soon.

I also personally dont understand why people care where they finish this year. The pick is gone whether its first or 10th it doesnt matter they arent making the playoffs. If anything finishing dead last and increasing how early each pick is the better. It will also outline how inept this management team is and may result in them finally being replaced, I see it as a win win.

I’m all on board for an Andy trade. I get what you’re saying about the draft pick, but it does matter because how you feel about your team is directly related to how competent and your belief in the direction the e team is going.

I’m fully on board for a rebuild, but to start that rebuild off by trading your highest draft pick since Spezza is incompetence and it makes it hard to believe the rebuild will go well when there’s a massive doo-doo in the middle of the rebuild bed

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
With where we are at, it is important to have good goaltending so that there is something to build on for the young players.

Anderson is signed for one more year and we have two or three good to decent goalie prospects in Gustafsson, Daccord and Hogberg. Trading away Anderson means we likely have to expose them to way more rubber than is healthy for their development.

Unless the return was an absolute homerun or that Anderson's attitude was problematic, I would keep him for one more year. Makes far more sense since the goal is supposed to be to rebuild.

It is an unfortunate way for Anderson to ride into the sunset, it really, truly is. That being said, he wanted the extra year and we gave it to him. Fair is fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad